Medieval Moments (WIP)

@scrivener The very same. I just made the profile and added the first picture I found as the profile pic. But I do love the fallout games.

As do I. On New Vegas it was around 80ish hours for my first play through cause I kept getting caught up in side missions and all the interesting distractors.

Love the game, and your writing style.
One detail though. I’ve chosen a longbow as my weapon, but there are some scenes where the text refers to my sword (e.g. Two armed men sit at a table talking quietly. They notice you looking at them and eye the sword at your belt wearily. They are probably town guards but are not wearing the livery of the town.)
Not a big issue, but maybe something you’d like to look at

@scrivener It was an inspiration to my game actually. Bethesda always made games where you could have a lot of options to choose from and I intend to do the same in a smaller scale.

@celtic_rune Thank you for the feedback. I haven’t added many longbow specific scenes yet. But what you are referencing to is intentional. Soldiers carry weapons to intimidate and to make them stand out from normal peasants. A bow is usually not as intimidating as a sword and mostly peasants used it.

A longbow is a very deadly weapon but what use is it in a street fight or inside a small building like a tavern? So the player character uses swords (or other melee weapons) when not in battle. He will use the bow when in major battles.

Oh gosh, the custom name I’ve put in made me laugh. It reminds me of Huckleberry Finn. Good game, by the way!

@assassinsat
That is a good point. A very obvious point, actually, but thanks for pointing it out :slight_smile:

@happy Glad to see that you are happy, Happy. So what was the name?

@celtic_rune No probs. I will add more bow related scenes for archery lovers. And the PC will carry both weapons into battle (if you so choose) and there will be times where you can switch between them.

It was Little Puck. :wink: But I turned out to be huge, so I called myself ‘Little Big Puck’. :smiley:

@happy Lol! I assume you apprenticed as a blacksmith?

I sure did.

@happy Excellent. Now I absolutely must play the tale of Sir Little Big Puck, the warrior blacksmith! :smiley:

@assasinsat when choosing why I didn’t want to go into the haunted cave, the “I don’t want to get filthy like a peasant” option was absolutely brilliant. I literally couldn’t stop laughing. Looks like a brilliant game, keep up the good work!

Man, I chose History but due to stupid changes within our education system I have to take International studies. I really wanted to do History, Aw well back to torturing peasants >:)

@trollhunterthethird
“The peasants are revolting!”
“I know, they smell horrible!”
That joke always made me laugh…

@assassinsat just out of interest, where will this game stand on the scale of fictional/factual writing? It doesn’t matter to me, but I’m interested to see how much actual history will be involved (I’m not an expert on history by any means, but it interests me a lot).

@Redgrave Thank you. I am not very certain of that but I think there should be more fictional events than historical events to account for player choices.

Just as an example, if someone wants to be a warrior of the church, they should have the option of joining a holy war. But there was no crusade during that time so i’ll have to add one.

In the middle I will add actual historical events, mostly related to the hundred years’ war.

If anyone still cares, Robin died in his bed. after he was betrayed by the prioress who bled him a little and had her lover stab him. Robin’s friends burst in and killed them both. Then rushing to Robin’s side, he asked them to get him a bow and arrow. when they returned he was on deaths door. he then fired the arrow out the window and with his last breath told them to bury him where it landed. They did as he asked. burying his bow with him and planting a tree on his grave. when that tree grew one of his former companions etched this into the wood,

Robert Earl of Huntington
Lies under this little stone.
No archer was like him so good,
His wildness nam’d him Robin Hood,
Full thirteen years and something more
These northern parts he vexed sore:
Such out-laws as he and his men
May England never know again.

hope that helped!

Davy Crockett’s Tall Tales is as fictitious as Robin Hood. Actually, on second thought, I don’t know. But I still think Robin Hood is a folktale. :stuck_out_tongue:

@assassinsat: Excellent rewrite, that was very well done.

As for church warfare: If you want to stay in Western Europe, you could have an ahistorical resurgence of the Cathars (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catharism) and allow players to choose sides between the Church and the heretics. If you want to go outside of France for the crusade, you can either posit a war between the Teutonic Ordensstaat and the Grand Duchy of Lithuania (the last remaining pagan state in Europe) or go with the Alexandrian Crusade (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexandrian_Crusade).

(Yes, I know. I’m a complete dork.)

That may be @Ramidel but what better place to be a dork than with fellow nerds like us?

@Ramidel
Don’t forget the tail end of the Reconquista in Spain and the war with the Hussites in the southern HRE during the same time.