MathBrush's Choice of Games Reviews [Now Complete!]

You should. Lemme look again.

Got it, thanks!

Thanks for the recommendation, I had a blast:

Edit: Just wanted to say I’ve put these on hold during the IFComp. One of the biggest reasons I started writing these reviews was to share them with a new segment of the Interactive Fiction community, but IFComp is so busy and full of games and reviews that they would get drowned out.

Also, I’m trying to support the other IFComp authors, especially since there is a healthy symbiotic relationship between Choice of Games and IFComp (many great Choicescript authors wrote their first games in IFComp).

If you’re interested in helping judge ifcomp, check out IFcomp.org. There are 104 games, which is a lot, but you only need to play and rate 5 that look interesting to you (or randomly chosen).

Edit-Edit: After a long delay due to IFComp, I’m back with a review of Jolly Good: Cakes and Ale! Looking forward to catching up with the fox game as well and then finishing the back catalog!

3 Likes

I have updated the OP with links to 25 more reviews from Mathbrush, spanning from some of the earliest games like Choice of Zombies up to the very latest releases.

6 Likes

All the games currently published under the Choice of line have now been reviewed. I’ve updated the OP accordingly. Many insightful reviews! Also check out Brian’s reflections having finished this mammoth task.

8 Likes

Added two new reviews of the latest Vampire the Masquerade games. Also Mathbrush reviewed A Mummy is Not an Antique by Randy Cordon, the least-rated Hosted game. If our prodigious reviewer reviews more hosted games, I’ll be sure to make a thread for them.

6 Likes