Mass Mother Murderer (renamed to The Pernicious Panacea)

LoL I think this was meant for this :point_down:

This but for some reason it’s showing ArchangelVoldemort’s pro pic

oh yeah, I think I was trying to quote something from that post but accidentally replied to it.

1 Like

Will the MC be strong or you’d be helpless at the start of the game?

Yeah, the most evil villain in all of CoG history is gonna be helpless. :wink:

2 Likes

Can you kill your mother? Maybe poison her or stab her in her sleep
Also why is there an Estafia relationship stat if she’s dead?

1 Like

Guess being dead doesn’t always stop people. :wink:

11 Likes

Time to have some :smiling_imp: can’t see more.

Finally wips that let me play an evil character… I swear im a good person

1 Like

Efastia will still be a character in several flashbacks. And the MC’s goal is to kill their mother.

EDIT:

The teaser has now been extended a bit, bringing it to 3k. Let me know what you think!

6 Likes

So seeing how we can be a serial killer with the main goal of killing the mother. Two questions.

1.) Just how extreme we can be when it comes to killing a victim?

2.) Is there an opportunity to skin the mother and do something with it like Ed Gein? Cause she pretty much deserves it by far from what I’ve read.

How about serenading her precious non-vital organs and making a lavish meal and eat 'em in front of her? :crazy_face:

1 Like

I won’t go into excruciating detail with the murders, but they’ll still be fairly detailed, and there will of course be choices for how to commit them.

Yeah, there will likely be some choices to mutilate her or do some nasty shit like that.

6 Likes

Yay for catharsis via (really) unhealthy coping mechanisms!

Also, will you be implementing a fail state of sorts? Dead ends? Or will you give us extended choices that can emerge from failures to rectify them to a degree? I’m really curious with your game design.

2 Likes

Thanks!

I plan on using the same sort of game design as I used in The Magician’s Burden and The Enchanter’s Misery. Passing stat checks will be more satisfying and give you stat increases. Failing them would hurt your stats but wouldn’t kill you or anything, at least not until the climax. I’ll have to see as I get further along in the story.

4 Likes

say whaaaaaat? he sounds important.

1 Like

Technically he still is :stuck_out_tongue: idk, maybe I’ll put him in but we’ll have to see.

Would the guards catch you and try to arrest you later on?

1 Like

The guards will be the antagonists of the story. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Samuel_H_Young Demo thoughts, since I’ve finally found time:

Your choice to open right up with our mother pursuing us right under the house into the damp, dark crawlspace, covered in filth and her mind consumed with rage as she shows no hesitation following directly in and catching us was a genius idea. Remarkably at the first paragraph, I was immersed; even not knowing the info you previously gave us, it still would have been the same, too. Your writing was paced perfectly and you spared no moment in making us wonder what the hell is going on and pulling us right into the world. Shit, I already hated her when she first started simply yelling my character’s name; you convey well right away that she is one nasty woman (for the lack of a better term).

And then there’s the flashfoward to present day, where we make an actual attempt on her admittedly-pathetic life. This scene was extremely well written, as, since I was so immersed due to that tense and awesome opening, I was literally having basically the same thoughts as my character while the scene itself rolled along and I awaited what the obvious reason was we were there to unfold. The choices themselves when we do make that attempt were surprisingly well varied, also. I personally think snapping her neck is too quick a death to give her, so for a bit I debated with myself over choking her or beating her with the tankard. At first I decided upon option A, but after reading your description for choking her, it made me repeat that debate. I still prefer using the tankard, as it is both brutal and the most poetic in my opinion, but you succeeded heavily in making us really think like what we are to become in-game: a killer. Splendid job, Sam.

So, yeah. I thoroughly enjoyed this demo. Cheers, mate! Can’t wait for more.

Edit: One more thing: having us fail at first simply added to that hatred for our mother. Our character’s physical reaction to that drives our goal home and sets up just how broken she has made us/them.

5 Likes

Thanks so much, @Voldy! This mini review was great to read because it seems I accomplished all the things I was going for, at least with you. :slight_smile:

3 Likes