Mass Mother Murderer (renamed to The Pernicious Panacea)

The three kidnapping victims are actually predetermined main characters: Margo, Werner, and Joy.

Interesting. Have you ever thought of letting us release them into an enclosed area, like an abandoned mine, where we blocked the exits off, just for the mere purpose of getting to “hunt” them? Like some twisted version of “practice” to further prepare us for our mother?

3 Likes

Yeah, for sure! I planned on doing that for one of them, at least.

3 Likes

Wow. Okay, then. Hype has increased.

6 Likes

They t e c h n i c a l l y can but they just don’t react to it like normal people do, most aspd do just blunted down so thank you frosty for a correction.

FYI, i don’t mean change an entire game for a single detail, but instead left it out but it doesn’t matter lol

I know what you mean. Thanks. The MC is scared of their mother but is otherwise free of doubt and fear.

3 Likes

A psychopathy and a sociopath can have either of those characteristics, except even sociopaths cannot feel love, remorse, and empathy. Love this work and all, but maybe you should try considering doing some research regarding aspd (antisocial personality disorder, the medical term for psychopathy and sociopathy since those two are just pop culture words for aspd). Psychopathy is mostly just genetics (and also an extreme case of aspd technically) while sociopathy is from environmental/genes, so no matter where you are in the aspd spectrum you can’t ever feel genuine love, guilt, or empathy.

1 Like

In the MC’s defense, I can honestly say that I’m also quite terrified of my own mother as well.

5 Likes

Well, I did do research, and those were the definitions I got. Pop culture waters these terms down and uses them interchangeably but the reality is that they’re medical terms. Psychopathy is biological and you are incapable of love. Sociopathy is where you have warped morality and lots of “evil” characteristics but can still feel love to an extent.

https://shar.es/anoKRj

3 Likes

And your research is correct. I’ve been told by professionals (no, not Buggygirl) that I have sociopathic “characteristics.” I’ve never been diagnosed with it, but after hearing it so many times, I’ve done a fair bit of research into both sociopaths and psychopathy, and the MC is definitely not an “unrealistic” or “inaccurate” character. You can have sociopathic tendencies without ASPD, believe it or not.

Regardless, this is a fantasy-set serial killer text adventure with magic; its obviously not trying to be a realistic dive into the nature of any mental illness.

6 Likes

These are also useful as well:

No the mc is fine, i’m talking about the general concept of aspd, not talking about sociopathic tendencies or otherwise

I’m especially speaking out about this since i’ve had experiences in mental institutions and many therapists and psychiatrists lmao, so I was skeptical

1 Like

I’ve just created the three black magic power sets: let me know if they’re all equally powerful and interesting in your opinion.

Elemental:

• spell where you can set people’s hair on fire
  • spell where you can unleash big waves of frost. This is useful for distractions, weakening opponents, and dampening fires
  • vortex spell. You create an orb of energy in your hand that violently drags people or objects towards you

Phantom:

• you can speak in people’s minds. You can use their voice to be more subtle or a monster’s voice to terrify them even more.
  • flight, lasts 1 minute. This spell is powerful but risky because it has a sharp end to the spell that could make you plummet if you’re careless
  • spell where you can summon an old, frail specter that can nonetheless instill terrible fear in their victims

Voodoo:

• spell where you can make people violently vomit
  • spell where you can make people go blind for 30 seconds
  • spell where you slowly paralyze your opponent as if they were running through water in a nightmare

Each spell takes 1 mana. You’re a magician, a low level magic user. However, you earn 3 mana per day instead of the usual 2. Is this because you’re a budding wizard, or is it simply because your lack of fear and doubt allows you to push yourself harder than other, weaker people?

So, let me know what you think! I want people to be satisfied that these sets are roughly equal in strength and creativity before I implement them into the story.

20 Likes

Oooh! I love all of the potential power sets.

2 Likes

The Phantom and Voodoo sets are certainly the most interesting/fucking awesome.

Wait…

We can play as a Voodoo magic killer?

For real though, I am especially drawn to the Phantom one. I really hope we can use that monster voice to deliver monologues/taunts/frightening threats inside victims’ heads. That’d make for some truly satisfying moments. Maybe we strike immeditely after? Or maybe even before we even capture them? That’d be scary.

The flight ability? I can just imagine doing that while dawning a terrifying mask; taking to the air after leaping off a building, looking like a flying version of a demon Spring-Heeled Jack before we come down upon someone.

The spirit-summoning? Seems useless unless the spirit himself is indeed quite frightening. Maybe weak and frail, yes, but with some ghastly features? Missing eyes, bloody sockets, wicked nose, bald head? Ooh, I can just envision a damn good purpose with it: what if seeing that exact apparition means you have been marked to die by the MC? There could be a unique little scene for that where word spreads that when you see the Sightless Spector, the town killer has targeted you? Obviously, “marking” our victims would be entirely optional.

There’s some good physiological choices/torment scenes for that, though. Maybe we “mark” mother too, before the final “showdown?” Why not weaken her mentally and come back stronger? Maybe that town ghost/killer rumor got to her, so, when she sees it wherever one day… realization dawns. Does she know it’s us? Doesn’t matter. It would be amazing though, if, in the comfort of her own home, what used to be our home, she sees that mythical apparation atop the stairs after so long…and knows immediately…sonny’s home…creak…creak…

7 Likes

Thanks! That idea for the specter is a great one. I could certainly implement something like that.

2 Likes

Vortex power sounds good. It has some proper use for a slasher type character.

It doesn’t matter how far the victims run, you just pull them back again…then let them try to run away again and do it again and pull them back toward you. It’s actually pretty scary when you think about it.

3 Likes

Exactly! :grimacing::scream:

2 Likes

I’d honestly be scared shitless if anyone could do that to me.

4 Likes

Oh man, the voodoo spell where I could make people go blind for 30 seconds sounds absolutely terrifying incredible. Because I’d have 2 mana, I could paralyze the victim first, have my time ‘playing’ with them and scaring them shitless, then blind them so that their fear reaches the absolute pinnacle. The last thing they’d see is the glint on my machete.

You’re stirring thoughts in me I didn’t even know I was capable of, Samuel. Kudos.

4 Likes

Exactly :smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp: the possibilitieees.

2 Likes