Mass Mother Murderer (renamed to The Pernicious Panacea)

Well, it’s more like “tremendously, psychologically damagingly abusive” not “mean”, and as I’ve stated several times, the MC was born a psychopath and became a lot worse because of their mother. And the entire plot revolves around the MC kidnapping and murdering people dressed up as their mother so they can be less terrified of her and finally kill her. So it’s pretty important.

6 Likes

Like I said, you already have your own idea what to do with it. I’m not saying “I don’t like this, therefore it has to be gotten rid of.”

I’m just more of stating that serial killers with mommy issues feels like something done to the point of being a little stale. Of course, it does take some part from real life as statistically the majority of serial killers have abusive backgrounds in some manner. So there’s that.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s true. It’s not the most unique of catalysts but I hope to make up for it with the writing, plot, and characters. :slight_smile:

1 Like

In my opinion, this takes that kinda cliche motive and spins it right around in a unique way: we’re not killing people for her like Jason, and there’s no curse making us kill our own family like Michael; we’re killing to prepare for our mother, because she is what we fear. Not getting caught or killed. This also humanizes our MC no matter what a tad, thus furthering the realistic approach Sam seems to be taking here, despite the fantasy setting.

13 Likes

Yes, I’m quite proud of the MC’s motives and the twist I’ve put on the story. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I can’t be sure if I fully heartedly agree, but you do have a point.

Well, there are no original ideas in fiction now, so authors have to make due with adding their own spice to things and making the story as strong as possible in other areas.

3 Likes

Just curious, shall there be any information given about our father? Will he (or his absence) play any part in the story or in shaping us?

Just a suggestion!

I think it would be cool if we could choose like how you became a murderer and it whatever decision you make comes with a trail… So what I mean it could be mid story and beginning where he remembers he went to a therapist or doctor once and was said to have some mental problem.

Ex: Your mother had beaten to senselessly you as a child while your sister got everything you didn’t. (Trait: Split personality disorder + Endurance)

just my little idea though, hope your game suceeds! And if you do decide to this idea and need help or something I’m right here!

He will probably be mentioned a few times, but I’m not sure if he’ll actually be a character or anything. That could change, though, since it will take me quite a while to finish the story. Though he did impact the MC’s life by abusing their mother, which in turn made her even more abusive to them.

@Duppy
Thanks. You actually won’t be a murderer until the end of Chapter 2, so you’ll be able to see it through directly in the narrative, rather than as a flashback or something like that. I don’t plan on the MC having split personality disorder; at this point, I plan on them having psychopathy and PTSD.

5 Likes

So, The Magician’s Burden got way more attention and positive feedback than Trial of the Demon Hunter did. The Enchanter’s Misery has gotten way more attention and positive feedback than The Magician’s Burden did, despite it not being even close to finished. And now Mass Mother Murderer has gotten way more attention and positive feedback than any of my other stories, despite it only being up for like ten days and just having a little teaser. So it’s really great to see that each new story I work on is getting much more popular! Thanks, everyone.

19 Likes

Oh, I just thought of this today to ask.

Will we have an ace detective rival chasing clues? A Holmes to our Jack? A Batman to the Joker? A…guy who is really good at things to a guy who,is also fairly good at,things? (I can’t think of lot’s of examples of the top of my head.)

Cause like, without a nemesis, then what’s even the point of doing a killing spree?

3 Likes

Your writing has definitely improved. Especially the details, for this and Enchanters Misery it’s scary.

4 Likes

Devero, Garad, Cherihl, and Abella will all be formidable opponents, but none of them could match you alone. Your mother is the only one who the MC considers their equal because of how cunning and ferocious she is. She’s really the main antagonist and the point of the killings, whereas the guards are the secondary antagonists. (You think the stuff she’s done up to this point is crazy? Wait til the climax. :stuck_out_tongue: )

@Phoenix_Wolf
Thanks. :grin:

5 Likes

You don’t feel fear as a person with aspd though, might wanna change that

Not technically true. Aspd people on a regular basis are in fact, capable of feeling fear and anxiety. Even Pyschopaths have a sense of it(albeit blunted) version of it, though they don’t really view dangerous things in the way other people do. They can still feel trauma.

Even then. This game isn’t perfect with accuracy. Female serial killers almost never kill victims by just brutal direct violence(At least, if they are the ones doing it) for instance, but it seems to be a possible option in the future. Naturally however, changing the entire game to fit around pitch perfect as close as possible accuracy would be just kind of…pointless/stupid.

1 Like

I’m assuming aspd means “a split personality disorder,” but I still don’t know what you mean.

1.) of course they can feel fear.
2.) I never intended on the MC having a split personality, and I’ve rejected every request or suggestion for them to have this.
3.) sorry…but you want me to scrap an entire plot over a minor detail like that?

@Hex
Yeah, psychopaths are known as “fearless” but this is just compared to regular people. Many of them are particularly terrified of certain things, mostly whatever gave them a lot of their trauma to begin with.

Well, greying out brutal violence for females would be sexist, and stupid, as you say, so I’m not worried about accuracy in that regard. (I recognize that most female serial killers murder their victims by stealthy means such as poison, but not only would I not want to restrict my readers based off their gender, but poison also isn’t an option I’ll be giving the MC because they want to kill their mother in a more personal, hands on way.) I don’t plan on genders making any difference in the story aside from pronouns like usual, and I’m just going to allow the player to pick whatever style they want.

7 Likes

Aspd=anti social personality disorder.

2 Likes

Oh, gotcha. Well, I guess that’s addressed above, too.

2 Likes

I just thought of this, how much choice will we get in selecting victims?