Mass Mother Murderer (renamed to The Pernicious Panacea)

Hello, everyone, I’m Samuel, the author of The Magician’s Burden, and the WIPS, The Enchanter’s Misery, The Twisted Village, Skeletons Can’t Press Charges, The Funny Thing About Nothing, and Winter of the Bovine.

As many of you know, Mass Mother Murderer was originally intended as a Hosted Game. However, it wasn’t a good fit for the label, so I submitted it to another IF publisher, Tales. It was accepted!! I’m currently in the process of editing MMM and re-working it for their coding language, but I will keep you all updated on its progress towards publication.

Summary:

You’re not a bad person. Not in your mind, at least. But when your little sister drowned, and you were unable to save her, your mother didn’t see it that way. And through her cold, constant neglect of you and her savage bouts of rage and hatred, she turned you into a monster.

Mass Mother Murderer is an epic thriller where you play as a malignant narcissist serial killer determined to get revenge on your abusive mother by any means necessary. Struggle with feelings of intense rage, ambition, fear, and sorrow as you become the greatest villain your village has ever seen.

What there will be when the story is complete:

• Play as male, female, or non-binary; romance males, females, both, or no one at all
  • An epic story that’s like a mix between “Dexter” and “Bates Motel” but in a medieval fantasy setting and twice as fucked up.
  • 250k words total
  • 4 ROs: 2 male, 2 female (Devero, Garad, Cherihl, Abella)
  • play as a magician and choose between 3 different kinds of black magic: phantom, possession, and elemental
  • dozens of stats detailing your relationships, skills, attributes, knowledge, and more.

Differences from the original WIP:

• The MC is a malignant narcissist instead of a psychopath. They are callous, selfish, arrogant, etc, but they are not completely sadistic and ammoral, and they are not completely incapable of love or empathy.
  • The MC will try to save their sister, Efastia, instead of maliciously watching her drown.

Who are your favorite characters?
Poll: Who are your favorite characters in Mass Mother Murderer? - Poll

What magic types did you choose to have?
Poll: What magic types did you choose in Mass Mother Murderer? - Poll

Cover art:

Fan art by @koshi

Mass Mother Murderer will be available on Apple, and Tales is currently working on making their stories available on Android as well.

405 Likes

This is pretty dark. But if you want to go dark…
For research purposes into the description of the mother character, these (apparently) are the eyes of an actual killer:

Picture

research

11 Likes

Sure, but Edina isn’t a murderer, just a sociopath. :stuck_out_tongue:

14 Likes

Just from this little teaser I can already tell it’s gonna be amazing! But, you have so many WIP out it’s amazing that you already wrote up this teaser! I applaud you my dear. :clap:t4::clap:t4::clap:t4::clap:t4::clap:t4:

3 Likes

Ok, so maybe something like this?

research2

9 Likes

Looking forward to this one! :smile:

2 Likes

Meh, not my cup of tea… Or pool of bloody water -Shudders- I tend to love playing the good, Hero sooo maybe throw in some moral choices in there?

Like, MC is trying to reason with self. Or maybe have it so that the MC has a split-personality, now that would be interesting!

9 Likes

Now, this is the kind of WIP/Game i’ve been waiting for years.

Really looking forward to it.

1 Question though: What kinds of magic will you be able to use?

16 Likes

Thanks! Yeah, 3 is an unwise amount to have at once, but I’m an impatient man, haha.

@Carlos.R
But Edina is pretty xD

@SneakyFantasy
The entire point of this story is to let the readers be the baddest baddie in CoG history. It’s a story about a psychopathic serial killer. If you want moral choices, I’d suggest my other stories: Winter of the Bovine, The Magician’s Burden, and The Enchanter’s Misery. :slight_smile:

@Zarzunabas

I’ll be brainstorming the plot, magic sets, characters, etc, as I finish up Bovine. :slight_smile:

30 Likes

I love it. Please tell me that the MC is only spewing selective truth. We didn’t kill her, we only watched them drown…but then again…there’s nothing there to indicate as to why she drowned.

17 Likes

The MC is a liar to everyone including themselves, so you never know. :wink: But Efastia’s fate will be revealed through several flashbacks dispersed throughout the story.

22 Likes
How about....?

15 Likes

Nah, i like the first one. @Carlos.R back in the medieval era ,that, was pretty.

4 Likes

There we go, haha. :stuck_out_tongue:

:crazy_face: Can I be a cannibalistic serial killer?! :fork_and_knife:

12 Likes

I haven’t planned on that specifically but it could be a possibility!

6 Likes

Or you could just like breakfast and be a cereal killer…
(Ok, I’ll show myself out now…)

36 Likes

So @Samuel_H_Young, what’s your inspiration for this WIP and just wondering, on a scale of one to ten, how scarred will you be after the game ?

2 Likes

I find serial killers interesting (though obviously also repulsive and evil.) This is mainly because of the “masks” they wear 99% of the time. I also figure it’s high time CoG has more villain games.

Hmm…that’s hard to say at the moment, though I will boldly say that this will undoubtedly end up being the darkest story in CoG’s library.

34 Likes

So essentially, I’ll be scared s**tless, best case scenario or get a messed up mind, worse case scenario. Well, you have the green light to give us nightmares. Have fun writing.

7 Likes