Mass Mother Murderer (renamed to The Pernicious Panacea)

He is pretty well defined but the story is structured in such a way that i can still consider myself ‘him’ and since the choices works well, i also feel that i’m choicing stuff, so i have pretty much no complain based on it being a CoG, hell, even if i felt i was just the MC’s mute best friend, it would still be better than those were the MC almost doesn’t exist

that make me think that a CoG were the player is pretty much just a voice in the MC’s head would be pretty cool, or a invisible / imaginary friend only the MC can see and hear, would be pretty meta though

6 Likes

Oh, I finished Dexter and loved it. I was so heartbroken by the finale. Debraaaaaa :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

I’m sad that a lot of people didn’t like the ending, though, because I thought it was the most logical conclusion, but it was also powerful and not overly predictable at the same time.

By the way, would you all say MMM is more of a thriller or a horror story so far? I’m thinking ahead for official descriptions and summaries and stuff.

Umm how are we supposed to decide?

Thriller with some horror themes, I’d say. The main part of the story is still a reverse investigation, with the horror as an added bonus.

11 Likes

For me, it’s definitely a psychological thriller. It’s suspenseful, disturbing and unsettling but not really something I’d label as ‘horror’, that would be kinda misleading and give people wrong ideas about the story.

9 Likes

Screenshot_2018-09-16-03-22-14-1
Yeah, this pretty much hits the nail on the head. The MC is a psychopath and Kel and Edina are sociopaths, so there’s a lot of exploring into those things.

7 Likes

I first played the demo when it was still very short… I didn’t know this game would grow monstrous … I think I have a new favorite COG! Also, Is the fact that i did not enjoy those torture scenes (but i did enjoy the MC’s deception of other characters lol ) means I’m a mentally healthy person? I overall enjoyed the game… Can’t wait for this to come out! I’ve never played a COG like this… though in FallenHero, I did kinda feel like a villain but nowhere close to this monster. I wish there’s a game like this but set in modern era… that would be epic!

9 Likes

Playing it right now and REALLY enjoying it. It’s very good and shows you have a pretty impressive grasp on what a killer might do. I felt like Kira/Light throughout the experience so far.

Is this running concurrently with “Magician’s Burden”?

Sidenote:: if anyone has read ‘Aijin’ your character has a scene somewhat familiar to when the MC reads the history of the main villain. Where they think something specific caused them to turn evil only for it to be revealed to have been taken very out of context.

This game is very good. :+1:t6:

1 Like

Yay :smiling_imp:

Yeah, there are tons of disturbing scenes in the story and much more to come. It’s supposed to make you uncomfortable, so that’s okay. :slight_smile:

Basically the whole reason I started to write this was because I saw how few villain games CoG had. I wanted to go all out and make this hands down the darkest storry in their library, with their most evil villain yet.

My plan is to get this published sometime in 2019.

@ChristandJackel
Thanks! I’ve read Deathnote like 5 times, so every time someone compares the MC to Light, it feels amazing.

This is set in the same world as TMB, Lume, but MMM is in a village called Rhys Falls, and TMB is in a village called Orilon, thousands of miles away. Though the actual date and time line isn’t mentioned in the story, it’s set about a hundred years before TMB, when there are currently no wizards like Melithar around to stop the MC later on… :wink:

10 Likes

Ah ok. Wasn’t sure if this was going to be like an “Avengers”- styled scene where each story talks about a different magician coming together to deal with the demons. I haven’t finished the demo yet but am loving it.

One consideration: During the torture scene, consider changing the way we read the victims so that it matches what the character is seeing.
Ex. The second victim is a man. Instead of writing, “he clenched his jaw” instead say, “she clenched her jaw”.
For me, it seemed a slight bit jarring having the victim described as themselves despite the fact my character kept referring to them as “mother”.

3 Likes

Incidentally, the MCs from Trial of the Demon Hunter and The Magician’s Burden are/will be dealing with different parts of the same overal threat, (a demon general and a demon army) so there are some connections like that in some of my stories.

I get what you mean, and I actually considered that myself. While the MC is delusional to an extent, they still know in those moments that they’re not truly torturing Edina.

I think the MC solely referring to Margo and Werner as if they were actually Edina after they were captured would definitely be effective, but it also might distance those characters from who they really are. It could also get a bit confusing as the story progresses if the MC referred to Edina, Margo, Werner, and Joy as the same person even in their mind.

6 Likes

To be fair, that was my point. Like, the second they put on the dress, they stopped being who they actually are and were now a proxy for mother.

To your point though, if they don’t see the victim as truly being mother there isn’t a reason to change it.

Interesting. I haven’t played Demon Hunter so I’ll check that out after playing this one.

Will we by chance meet our “L” ?

1 Like

I think we already have a choice to pick our own “L” when that scene pops up asking who do we consider to be our greatest threat to our plans

5 Likes

I haven’t gotten that far. Currently at dealing with Werner. Still, only the arsonist seems able to parse us out from where I’m at.

Will we get to “practice” on anyone we have met personally?

I will say that TotDH isn’t up to par with The Magician’s Burden or MMM at all, as I wrote it when I was 17. But, you might find it entertaining if you don’t go into it expecting to see something like this. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d say Kel, Abella, and Edina are the most intelligent characters aside from the MC. (Though actually, Kel and Edina are really AS smart as the MC.)

The MC is by far the most powerful character in the story, but as the story progresses, you’ll see that one of the four investigators in particular starts posing them the most problems. You can probably guess who it is at this point.

All of the torture victims will be vague acquaintences of the MC that happened to be convenient to kidnap.

7 Likes

Why does making Stefen vomit give the MC a boost in Charisma?

It’s a sort of smug humiliation thing.

1 Like

It’s crazy. As much as I love this game, you’ve made Efastia too precious. Maybe because I’m an older brother, but all the sibling interactions, my character always does the “nice” option. I’m ok killing everyone I’ve met but letting poor Efestia die is probably the most heartless thing he’s done… which is all types of fascinating when you think about it

Edit:: AND mom’s only 33??? #milfalert

7 Likes

Yeah, Efastia is a total munchkin but it’s just one of those fucked up things that had to be in the story to get the plot barrelling ahead and to add some dynamism.

Pretty much. :stuck_out_tongue:

I just realized I forgot to put bios for Kat and Mercier in the stat screen, so I’ll be doing that later tonight.

6 Likes