Mass Mother Murderer (renamed to The Pernicious Panacea)

Thanks to everyone who pointed out typos! Those are fixed now.

1 Like

In the scene where we use our phantom magic on Kat, the MC thinks about how they would’t know how to deal with a demonic possession. Do you think this should be different if MC studies magic as their hobby and/or morning routine?

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ll put in an *if statement for that.

3 Likes

This is another song I listen to a lot while writing MMM. :+1:

Also, I’ve added a choice to kill Werner with your blowpipe and tranquilizer darts.

5 Likes

In the choice: “You pull out your blowpipe, quickly loading it with a tranquilizer dart.”

In your state, mother, this will sendyou into a sleep that you’ll never return from,

send you

Instead, he turns around and dahes away

Dashes

2 Likes

So, I know my decision to have the MC call themselves a supervillain might feel strange and I understand your misgivings about it. However, I also think it works well for several reasons. But, since it’s jarring and probably even a bit controversial, I’ll supply both sides of the argument for this term and then make a poll so you guys can give me your opinions on whether I should go through with keeping this term in MMM or not.

Reasons why I think the MC calling themselves a supervillain works:

• They have a gigantic ego. Creating an entirely new, hyperbolic word to describe themselves is in line with this.
  • The MC will gradually be making a new identity for themselves to cast away their old, weak, “unable to kill Edina” self. They will be creating a mask and an alias for themselves, and this is in line with what supervillains do, too.
  • Supervillains are really just villains with super powers. Super powers are really just magic, and the MC is a villain with magic. To me, the serial killer is a supervillain, as strange as that might seem.

Why I also have reservations about the MC calling themselves a supervillain:

• Obviously, that term is almost exclusively used in modern comic books and super hero stories. An extremely dark, medieval horror story about a serial killer is obviously massively different than super hero stories.

All that said, here’s the poll. Your feedback on this is much appreciated! In the end, the MC’s transformation will still be the same, and all this decision will do is change what they call themselves. Even so, I think it’s pretty important.

8 Likes

Honestly, I understand and agree with all the reasons you gave for which the MC may very well call themselves a supervillain. My issue with it was subjective rather than objective, because growing up reading super-hero comics and watching the movies almost created a very set definition for the term in my mind. I voted accordingly, but just letting you know that I’d have no issues at all if you decide to keep it, I’ll simply grow used to it.

5 Likes

I personaly don’t care either way

maybe just have the character go ‘the mask of a true villain !..no, of a Supervillain !’ to kinda indicate he just made up that word because of his ego

8 Likes

Personally I saw the MC as a Wannabe Übermensch where they feel above societal values and apply their own self-centered custom morality. Add to that their belief that committing matricide will allow them to overcome the shackles of their past and become something new and powerful.

But a Supervillain with no real foil (e.g. a Heroic Psychopath, if one can even exist or an altruistic equivalent on the side of justice) in a setting where everyone is too complacent with a small town mentality where nothing sinister is ever expected to happen kind of paints a picture of a demon tormenting a herd of sheep.

6 Likes

I agree but keep in mind that this isn’t a standalone interactive fiction. I wouldn’t be surprised if some corrupt, badass, magical bounty hunter squad shows up in the sequels. Would give it a more of a Dexter vibe too.

3 Likes

Well damn.

6 Likes

what ?

(also everything in our society is ‘approriating white culture’, that was kind of the goal of colonisation, having everyone adopt your culture is actualy a good thing, that’s why rome was so successfull)

1 Like

cough, cough

8 Likes

I think I’m just gonna take this 1000th comment…

4 Likes

1000 comments on the Pure Evil Thread got me like

rsz_mr_burns_evil_7487

13 Likes

Uh, did I post this here yet?

FB_IMG_1533094805242

24 Likes

Spartans of that generation were all geneticaly modified man, so it’s a stupid question for a spartan to ask, they were basicaly space marines

Ughhh, you take all the fun out of my beautiful memes.

1 Like

MAJOR UPDATE:

Chapter 7 is now on the demo. It amounted to 9k, which brings the total word count of the demo to 102k and the play-through length to 45k. I’d say this is arguably the most emotional chapter yet. There are currently two options that I haven’t written yet, but when I’ve completed those tomorrow, this chapter will be 10k.

Now, towards the end of the chapter, there’s a choice that will make you lose stat points no matter what. This is intentional and done to show the level of power that Edina holds over the MC.

All that said, I hope you enjoy! As always, feedback, comments, typo spotting, and bug spotting are much appreciated.

25 Likes
Typos:

Yhis is too important for you to get caught.

This

You really hope the bees trapprd inside are still alive.

trapped

Being attractive is nothng but a curse, child.

nothing

You weren’t lying when you said this was the most emotional chapter yet, like damn. It was sad, disturbing and enraging all at the same time. I did not expect those guards to go tell on Garad first of all, and Stefen has managed to become more annoying than ever. Then that flashback with Efastia, I felt so bad for her, poor girl. Edina being a self-centred abusive asshole as always, and I particularly loved how the chapter ended - as if we didn’t know shit was serious, we do now.

Also, this is the only game I’ve played where I’m hoping for my MC to ultimately die or something so the world they live in can be a better place (whether any of it’s their fault or not). After they rid the world of that horrible mother of theirs, of course. Both of them are beyond all sorts of redemption.

3 Likes