Mass Mother Murderer (renamed to The Pernicious Panacea)

Since this is spill over from another thread, I’m going to leave it locked until tomorrow. Until then, let me reiterate, If You See a Problem, Don’t Reply, Just Flag It.

This topic was automatically opened after 19 hours.

This is certainly unorthodox, there have been ‘villainous’ protagonists before like in Diabolical and Fallen Hero but this is uncharted territory, at least for me, in taking on the role of a cold unrepentant psychopath. I almost feel sorry for him/her but realize they were born this way, which makes their mentality all the more unsettling.

Yet I’m somehow rooting for them to succeed in their amoral enterprise, the writing is so engrossing that I feel carried away as if humming to a catchy new tune. Perhaps there is an irresistible allure for a common layperson as myself to be placed in the shoes of a psychopath, highly efficient at work, unfettered by external morality and the weight of human relationships (save for the mother), living as the sole center of the world as if everyone around you were asleep in the reality where you resided.

Such a state of unbound personal freedom feels criminally empowering, its as if the MC knows this is their story and isn’t obliged to help or care for the ‘lesser’ supporting characters who only exist as tools.

Nonetheless I confess to experiencing more than a modicum of inner turmoil upon reading the scene where Efastia begged for help but drowned. All my instincts wanted to save her from death, the thought of letting her die right in front of me when I could have helped was jarring.

For a moment I thought of redemption, of innate humanity and a natural bond. But when that moment passed I realized the terrible truth of the MC’s moral fabric. And yet I took it as a painful lesson in better understanding the kind of MC I played and became more immersed in their mindset. In that regard the flashback was a transformative ordeal: I’m not playing some tragic villain or misguided extremist but a genuine psychopath who can’t be unraveled at their core as a just another person.

Very interesting overall.

18 Likes

The MC is deranged. He isn’t a psychopath. The writer said that the MC is intimated by his mother. A psychopath can’t be intimidated. He can’t feel fear.

Psychopaths do feel fear. A recent research has proved this. They just have deficits assessing risks and threats, but are capable of feeling fear.

12 Likes

Um, no. He can’t. I have a friend who actually is a psychopath. She can’t feel fear.

@soprano is right. An example would be if, late at night in a bad neighbourhood, a scruffy, unarmed teenager tried to mug a psychopath, the psychopath would feel mildy intimidated, an ordinary person would feel apprehensive.

2 Likes

No.he wouldn’t. A person who can’t feel fear can’t be intimidated. Period. Of course the psychopath would be aware of the danger that the mugger poses. It’s cognitive, not emotional

Again with this psychopath discussion??

@TheMercerVirus if you want to argue your views on psychopaths and the like so badly, please move it to DMs (if the other person is willing), or make a seperate thread or something.

Otherwise this thread is just gonna get closed again.

20 Likes

The author has taken prior feedback into consideration and made a decision on how he wants to write. We should respect this and not keep pushing a view that isn’t accepted.

I know this is a subject that can evoke strong emotion but it is time to take a step back and respect the author’s decision, regarding his character development.

19 Likes

:raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands:

Uh, how did you literally spell out the innerworkings of my MC so flawlessly? :eyes:

Also:

6 Likes

MMM keeps ballooning in size. According to my current outline, it will consist of 16 chapters and approximately 300k words. And, more importantly –

MAJOR UPDATE:
Chapter 5 is now on the demo. It amounted to 16k, which brings to the total wordcount of the demo to 71k, and the play through length to 35k. This chapter is the darkest one yet, and a new main character is introduced: Werner.

As always, feedback, comments, typo spotting, and bug spotting are very much appreciated. I hope you enjoy!

23 Likes

Demo ended when MC finished interrogation and went at home to sleep. It is the end of chapter 4, right? Demo wasn’t updated or only I have this problem? :no_mouth:

Edited: cleared browser cache and seems this helped. Can read 5th chapter, yay!

1 Like

This is giving me a Norman Bates vibe… I love it!

3 Likes

God damn those scenes in the bath were freaking awesome (:wink:you know the ones I’m speaking of) and it does not help me chose who I’m going to romance first, me being Pansexual doesn’t help either. Why do you always make them so enticing :yum:

3 Likes

Did Werner leave arrowhead on purpose? It would be interesting. I hope we get our portion of suspicion towards MC. My favourite trope. :sweat_smile:

Few typos

2 Likes

Nice addition. Here are some typos:

Summary

Growing

Face, veins and eyes
I
overboard
the, stress
feigned
found
scapegoat
would

3 Likes

Good chapter! It’s getting more and more dangerous now. I wonder if MC can keep it up without drawing to much attention to himself…

3 Likes

@samuel_h_young
Spelling errors in chapter 5.

No, mother," he snarl through barred teeth. “I have something much more fun planned for you.”

You

Come with queitly, on the other hand, and I’ll let you live.

Quietly

While Cherihl and Abella are off scouring a different part of the nieghborhood,

Neighbourhood

Once you explain to them what the archer found this morning, you contiue,

Continue

you give prone, battered body one more glance

His prone

On my way over here, I gound this arrowhead

Found

All of these qaulities

Qualities

he whips around and slams his fist into the wall with a roar of anger, punching a jaggeed hole

Jagged

and she always seems to end up just a short distance for your house.

From

you relex your grip on the sides and slowly, calmly rise to the top.

Relax

3 Likes

@langre
Maybe, but you’ll never know for certain. :slight_smile:

Thanks for spotting all those nasty typos, everyone. I’ll fix them all tonight.

@Sovereign
Just wait til they’re not just the MC’s imagination. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes