Mass Mother Murderer (renamed to The Pernicious Panacea)

Nope. :slight_smile: Though the severity of your manipulation and barbarism towards people can still vary a bit between choices.

8 Likes

This story is heart breaking epically when the sister drowns I just wanna save her or feel bad about it :sob:

7 Likes

@Samuel_H_Young
Spelling error, in the voodoo magic description.

Finally, you’re most interesting spell of all is the blindness spell.

Your

2 Likes

@Blank

You already have the girl in your basement, can’t play that off, unless you go for a mixed signals, I thought you liked bondage, sorta thing.

I’m either going, full out torture, or please talk to me mommy, therapy.

4 Likes

This is relevant :joy::joy::joy:

Also, I just finished watching Mindhunter on netflix. As a story about FBI agents interviewing serial killers, it was really interesting and illuminating, especially since Ed Kemper, one of the inspirations for MMM, was one of the main characters.

Speaking of that…if you think about how baffled people were about even just the concept of serial killers in the 70s, just imagine how flabbergasted they must have been about them in the medieval times. :grimacing: I think this might actually be the first story about a medieval serial killer, now that I think about it.

12 Likes

Nice!! Mindhunters is one of my favorite tv series! Also you should watch Hannibal (tv show) it’s on Netflix too, for more in-depth research about psychology behind the Craziness!

1 Like

Hmmm…? Quick question before I start the demo, how can there be romance options when the MC can know no feelings of love and longing? I feel like I’m missing something, the MC IS a psyocpath, right? Maybe it’s just the MC deluding themselves to care about another if they’ve proved their usefulness to them…?

Probs just there interested in something else… you know what

6 Likes

Oh right, man I’m overthinking things.

2 Likes

Good question. It’s basically about manipulation and sex at that point, and there’s also a “I find this person interesting” angle. It’s fucked up behind the scenes but it can largely play out like a regular romance on the outside, just with the MC faking love.

A lot of serial killers were married with seemingly normal relationships. Some of them, like a good number of the sociopaths, actually cared about their significant others. Others, the psychopaths, would have solely been using them for obvious reasons and also using them to integrate into society more convincingly.

13 Likes

Sooo, the firstdraft title for MMM was Murderous Motherfucker. :grimacing:

19 Likes

Inaccurate, unless, she didn’t, did she?

4 Likes

Well shit, you wouldn’t be able to touch any App Store with ten foot stick with a name like that.

17 Likes

Yeah, that’s why I decided to change it. :stuck_out_tongue: plus, I think Mass Mother Murderer is better, anyways.

2 Likes

Alliteration is always the advised application of titular appropriation, approved to prevent avocation of Profanity in an all-viewing appstore environment, easy to start, needs an expert to part.
Don’t go on a raging rampage for my appliance of alliterative rhyme, just sing the sounds or you’re going to have a bad time.

14 Likes

It’s really interesting that the two characters with polar opposite abilities, personalities, and motivations, are also by far the two most popular in the “favorite character” poll. (The MC and Devero.) :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I imagine they’d have attributed it to supernatural causes, as with Peter Stump (one of the earliest recorded ‘werewolves’). Which makes it more interesting that the MC is a potentially shady mage. I can’t remember if Gilles de Rais and Elizabeth Bathory were also considered supernatural.

Like the rapist-murderer Peter Kurten, who reportedly felt a bit guilty that his acts constituted infidelity.

In general: this is the most distubing serial-killer story, period, that I’ve read in a long time (and I mean this in the nicest possible way). I came in expecting a thrilling hack-and-slash-fest (Friday the 13th, but with magic). Instead, you hit me over the head with a brutal depiction of just how broken and tawdry someone like the MC is.

What really hits it home is the contrast between the way the MC cringes around their mother (who is a lot weaker than they are), similarly to several serial killers, and the way they treat Margo (a harmless, rather maternal character it’s hard not to feel sympathy for).

Well done, sir.

6 Likes

For sure. I read up on medieval serial killers a bit, and not much is documented, though a few of them were attributed to werewolves, like you said, and also witches and demons.

Incidentally, the MC is a magician wielding black magic. :slight_smile:

Exactly. That’s some warped morality if I ever some some, but it shows that he did at least care about certain people in his life.

Thank you! And I definitely take

as a big compliment, haha.

7 Likes

Ughhh, wtf is wrong with me? So in Chapter 4, you and the others interrogate Kat, a burglar; Mercier, Margo’s ex-boyfriend; and Kel, a serial arsonist, to see if any of them look like they might be the kidnapper. Garad supervises, Cherihl interrogates Kel, Devero interrogates Mercier, Abella interrogates Kat, and the MC participates in all three interrogations.

The problem is, I keep having complete brain farts, and I end up writing various passages as if Devero was there when it’s supposed to be Cherihl or Abella. So I keep having to just delete it and go back and write it again. -_-

12 Likes

It is all right with you, more Devero is only a good thing. :grin:

7 Likes