Mass Mother Murderer (renamed to The Pernicious Panacea)

So she doesn’t have any hair on her head?

Nope. (20 characters)

1 Like

So, I’m preemptively putting up a poll for your favorite major characters so it can be up as long as possible. I’m actually including the MC serial killer in this one, too, since they’ve actually got a more structured personality, mindset, etc as well as more structured motivations, than most CoG MCs.

That said: Which characters do you find compelling?

• The Serial Killer / MC
  • Edina
  • Abella
  • Cherihl
  • Devero
  • Garad
  • Margo
  • Efastia
  • Werner
  • Joy

0 voters

1 Like

Can I be the village drunk homeless guy that sometimes gives life saving advises to the MC?

2 Likes

Lol, uh, maybe…? XD

2 Likes

As odd as it may sound, I appreciate giving the mc an abusive mother since a bunch of serial killers have had dysfunctional relationships with their mothers such as Ridgeway, Kemper, Chikatilo, Gein, Sowell, etc.

1 Like

Yeah, for sure. Kemper was actually some of the inspiration for this story. It just makes sense, and it gives the MC a bit more complicated motivations than simply “I’m evil” (though this is obviously true, too) and it makes it so that the biggest antagonist isn’t just the guards trying to catch the MC.

3 Likes

Screenshot_2018-05-12-01-49-18-1

:expressionless: :expressionless: :expressionless:

2 Likes

I can’t wait for some Jason Voorhees styled murders lol, I gotta say this concept of us being the biggest evil is great.

2 Likes

I love how 100% of the people who voted in the poll like the MC :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

That’s my girl, (somewhat) red head and devoid of emotion…

3 Likes

I’m… a bit alarmed and disturbed at how many people are excited over this. :grimacing:

I gotta admit, when I first read the title, I thought we were going to play as a mother. You know, a baby in one hand and a gun on the other? You disappointed me. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, here are my thoughts on the demo. It felt a little over the top at times (I think the bit about the horny men is a little out of place there), but let me just say, holy crap. This is like the first time I’m NOT going to RP as any of my characters. No. It just felt so wrong to pick any of the choices. Even the charismatic options (or should I say especially?). It feels like I’m picking choices for my own well-being, hoping that it’s the least revolting option. This is just too much for me. :sweat_smile:

And yeah, the beginning reminded me of The Binding of Isaac too, which is funny because the creator’s name is Edmund. (It’s close enough to Edmun) :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m curious about how the romance scenes and the ending scenes will play out though. None of the ROs really appeal to me so far so it’s probably better that way. :no_mouth:

I do like that this is medieval fantasy though, or it will sound even more wrong. But then… you have magic, and I don’t want to imagine what you can do with that. :grimacing:

Just a question though, was the MC born like that naturally? Or did it develop because of their mother?

(By the way, the age still stays as 8 after the intro)

Anyway, good luck with it!

2 Likes

Haha, don’t be alarmed. We’re not all serial killers in disguise, and just because a story might not be to some people’s tastes, doesn’t mean it doesn’t have merits. :stuck_out_tongue: I think the fans of this WIP just like dark horror stories, and the ability to play as an evil, villainous MC is very rare, so it’s intriguing.

Trust me, I get it. As someone who’s extremely empathetic myself, a lot of this stuff was tough to write. (And that’s saying something, because it’s gonna get a LOT crazier as the story goes along, especially towards the end.) But it’s also thrilling and fascinating at the same time, as an author, and I’m excited to write from a villain’s perspective. This story isn’t for everyone, and I recognize that, which is why I put the little warning at the beginning. :slight_smile:

And thanks, I’ll fix the age stat.

Oh, and the MC was born without the ability to feel empathy (aka, a psychopath.) However, the horrendous abuse they suffered from their mother undoubtedly made their psychopathic and sociopathic disorders much worse than they would have been.

9 Likes

Whaaat? No, I’m pretty sure this perfectly normal. Nothing to see here, citizen, move along! :expressionless:

(but as someone who has the hardest time roleplaying an evil character in the various RPGs I played, I can definitely see where you’re coming from - especially when it means treating those endearing NPC party members like crap)

8 Likes

Damn. I’ve never been more disturbed and intrigued at the same time. Some choices made me physically uncomfortable; the writing is brilliant, the concept is very unique, and I’m excited as heck (though I’m thankful it’s gonna take you a while to finish this game, I’ll need some time to prepare for the utter horror, lol). It’s as outside my comfort zone as it can get, and I loved it in a weird way. Will definitely keep an eye out for this one, good luck!

3 Likes

Thanks, @soprano! Intrigued and disturbed some of the emotions I’d like for my readers to feel when reading MMM, so that’s good to hear.

Yeah, I imagine some people will need to read it in bits and pieces. (Hell, I’ll have to write it in bits and pieces.) There will be lots of parts that are less dark and less intense, but just as many parts that make the current demo look like Elmo.

3 Likes

Hey now, don’t be alarmed. I’m not a serial killer in disguise or anything :sweat_smile: Just very interested in psychology & criminal analysis. And okay mayyyybe I do have my fair share of disturbing crime novels. But that’s it! :joy:

2 Likes

I suppose I understand why some would be disturbed by this but personally it felt satisfying.
After all, we are biased by the narrative casting our mother in such a monstrous and unlikable light. An enemy. And killing enemies in games has become normalcy. “She deserved it, such is the fate of all the green goblins in fantasy games and faceless grunts in FPS”. No?

Now, if were are to kill say innocent-ish characters, ones whom we (as a reader, not the character at least) have grown to care about it would be understandbly disturbing and even more heartbreaking. Disgusting even. (Same feeling you get when seeing severe pet cruelty on screen.)

And I simply cannot wait to explore being “forced” into doing something considered so “mundane” in gaming. :yum:

6 Likes

Is there an extended demo or something where i meet the other characters like Abella and Devero, and get magic? Because the demo at the top post just stops after you try to kill your mother.

That’s all there is right now.