Mass Mother Murderer (renamed to The Pernicious Panacea)

I am able to use all types of magic when torturing Margo. Is it supposed to be this way?

2 Likes

So @Samuel_H_Young why is there an efastia relationship bar ? grabs tinfoil hat

2 Likes

Thanks, that’s fixed now.

Okay, good! :slight_smile:

I know exactly what you mean. It made me feel sick to my stomach having the MC do all those cruel things to Efastia, but the MC would have no such thoughts.

Yeah, I thought that was one of the most disturbing parts, too. As someone who has self-harmed before, I thought it would be interesting and fitting to add in there.

Glad you liked it! :smiley:

@SirBearington
Yes, that’s a good idea. Perhaps I’ll add some bed wetting flashbacks and give you options to burn shit down later on. (Now that I think about it, I wet the bed until I was 12. :thinking: )

Also, one of the suspects you and the other guards interrogate in Chapter 4 is actually a pyromaniac named Kel. He recently got out of prison for burning down a big storage house that he thought he was empty, but actually contained two teens who were having sex. One of them was injured badly, so Kel was put in prison for several years. They caught him because he just stood there watching the fire and ejaculated because it got him so riled up.

But yes, as you said, animal cruelty is something I could never really stomach writing, even with all the sick shit I’ve written so far. (Well, Winter of the Bovine contains tons of animal cruelty, but it’s perpretrated by the villains, not the MC.)

@CaesarCzech
I chortled :joy::rofl:

Yay!

Sheeeit, I certainly hope so.

@Bugreporter
Thanks. Those are fixed now.

@GuardsmanTheMad
:wink:

9 Likes

MINOR UPDATE:

I’ve added another flashback to Chapter 3 that amounted to 2k words.

10 Likes

I ran a session before this update. One choice I felt you missed out on is the picnic flashback scene where the mother asks where the younger kid is … I was looking for a choice to tell her the truth … “She went out into the pond, again Momma … haven’t seen her since.”

6 Likes

Well, damn. I’ll add that shortly.

6 Likes

@Samuel_H_Young
Under the choice: “With an arcane wave of your hand, you cause her to suddenly go blind.”

With your spell only able to last for so long, perhaps you put out her eyes and blind her permanently.

Missing word after the bolded words.

Either: Perhaps you should or perhaps you will

Edit

Before you can even regain your barrings

Bearings

Just as reach her and stretch out your hand,

Put ‘you’ after the bolded word.

3 Likes

should be “your vocal cords begin to get scraped raw”

2 Likes

Im still wondering about the foreshadowing in The Spirit mage route regarding the mind access, since we didnt have opportunity to see it, so how does it work ?

1 Like

Are you referring to the choice where you spoke inside Edina’s mind?

was that added in update ? because i didnt see it.

I did see it as phantom mage

Don’t remember if it was in ch3 or not cause I had been afk a while :frowning:

Maybe it’s the fact that I used to watch Dexter, but the fact that the sister dies just strikes me as a missed opportunity for drama in which the MC hides their proclivities and end goal from their adoring sister.

Sister natters on about boy troubles or whatever, MC just waits for her to stop talking while faking appropriate emotional responses…

As it is, the only personal relationship one has here is the mother, who knows full well the MC is a monster.

7 Likes

The MC is a monster she helped create.

5 Likes

I mean, I think Efastia dying is much more powerful than her not dying. And there are several other chances for personal relationships (however much they might be faked.) Garad, Cherihl, Devero, Abella, etc.

@CaesarCzech
Can you explain to me what you’re asking?

4 Likes

For once, you decide to tell the truth. You merely shrug and reply plainly, “She went out into the pond again. I haven’t since her since.”
It should be seen her since

2 Likes

I think Efastia’s death is necessary to the story because where would we be if she lived?
The MC wouldn’t be a serial killer if they weren’t abused, they wouldn’t have been abused if Efastia didn’t die. Her death is essentially what starts this whole thing.

6 Likes

You might not have noticed, but the MC was the victim of abuse and neglect even before the death of the sister. Emotional abuse is still abuse.

Which means that if the sister had lived, the MC would still have ample reasons to want their mother dead.

And that’s even assuming that without the death of the sister, that the emotional abuse and neglect wouldn’t have escalated to physical abuse anyway.

Which, honestly, there’s absolutely no reason for that assumption.

From my angle over here, the sister’s death just serves as an excuse for the mother’s abuse.

I’m perfectly fine without giving child abuse an excuse.

8 Likes

Perhaps I did miss something but I only recall the mother’s behavior before Efastia’s death to be cold and distant. It is only after the lake do we see her actually get violent. We see her transition from being resentful to outright hateful.

7 Likes

I legit feel sick after going though the current build…
And yet the story is really intriguing and is pulling at me

10 Likes