Mass Mother Murderer (renamed to The Pernicious Panacea)

I agree, they all seem pretty interesting! Though only being able to set hair on fire seems a bit…strange. Any reason for that?

2 Likes

It’s very weird :stuck_out_tongue: no particular reason, I just wanted it to be constricted to something that’s always brutal and macabre.

4 Likes

@Samuel_H_Young, speaking of which, are we gonna have the option to carry a “signature” weapon, or will we be restricted to using our magic/hands/environment? I honestly think having both options is the perfect mix. Jason didn’t always use his trademark machete, after all. Dude was one crafty bastard.

3 Likes

Come to think of it, maybe a kind of spell to make doubles would be nice. Even if they’re piss weak.

Give the illusion of the MC being everywhere at once and having that horror movie invulnerability when someone supposedly throws them out a window and sets them on fire…only to find them perfectly fine and does’t even seem phased by any of it.

5 Likes

As a vice-captain, you’ll have a personal staff/crossbow/club/sword. Plus a red cape. :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

@Hex
That’d be a cool spell too, though I’m not sure where I’d fit it in.

1 Like

Eh. Wouldn’t worry about it. Really more of just thinking out loud.

1 Like

…Can we dye the cape black? Y’know, fit in better at night? :wink: Also, no sickle? Awww.

More variety to the eventual mother kill? She stabs us, slaps us, pounds us with kitchenware, sets us aflame…then one more appears. Every. Single. Time. Imagine that with my most recent PM idea. She kills a hollow version of herself again…again…and again…and it never. Stops. Y’know, until the real us finally decides to end it.

Talk about vengeance. :joy:

3 Likes

That would be pretty bad ass. Maybe I’ll figure out how to fit it in somehow.

The red cape signifies a vice-captain, but maybe you could dye it black before the climax. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I hope it comes with an ominous murder mask.

2 Likes

Oi. That’d be badass. It’s basically perfect timing, considering what you’ve already told us about it.

2 Likes

I’m planning on letting you construct a mask out of three options:

• a terrifying monster
  • a mysterious, black mask
  • (per @Voldy’s advice) a creepy replica of Edina’s face, like Batman’s bat mask to help conquer his fear of bats)

Also, before the seventh and final chapter where you have the boss battle with Edina, you’ll finally be able to make your super villain name. :smiling_imp:

12 Likes

The Tattletale Strangler.

5 Likes

Hahaha.

The Damp BabySitter

3 Likes

The Pie-eating, trail-blazing, eyebrow-raising, the best in the future, present and past, drunk as a skunk or not, Sonny’s gonna whoop that ass!

EDIT: @Samuel_H_Young Just tried to replay the demo after all the talk and idea-spreading rekindled my interest, and, uh:

2 Likes

Whoops. I’ll fix that in a bit.

Also, it looks like you all liked the power sets, so those will be the ones I’m going with. They aren’t in the demo yet, but for now, feel free to vote on your favorite by whatever sounds more interesting to you.

3 Likes

Which magic types did you use?

• Voodo: vomit spell, blinding spell, paralyzing spell
  • Elemental: lighting hair on fire spell, frost spell, vortex spell
  • Phantom: summoning specter, talking inside people’s minds, flight spell

0 voters

1 Like

Phantom and Elemental magic for me.

1 Like

A simple test the police should use against the MC

18 Likes

To the MC at the end of the demo: have you considered that instead of practicing in contextually irrelevant situations (it’s not your mom’s wig and clothing that are terrifying to you, after all), keeping at your original target would be lower risk and a more surefire way to tough up your psyche? Being incapable of love and empathy is one thing, but you’re still capable of pragmatism and self preservation instinct, …right?

If you absolutely need the practice, then at least go for the assholes. That’ll broaden the pool of suspects. And make it easier for you to picture them as your mom.

2 Likes

No? “Practicing” will allow us to not only be more willing, but capable as well.

Hopefully we get varied options for victims.