Okay, you all are undoubtedly very sick of me by now, but I have another big announcement to make. Over the past couple months, I have been kind of having an existential crisis. I am a very impulsive, emotional, indecisive person, so when MMM was initially rejected by HG, I started looking every which way for radical alternatives.
I obviously went through some great troubles to turn MMM into a novel and publish it that way, but I’ve decided against all of this for a few big reasons.
- Self-publishing a novel is a barren wasteland.
- Trying to get a publishing house to buy your novel is like trying to cut steel with a bar of soap.
- I don’t WANT to write a novel. I want to write Hosted Games, and MMM was obviously intended as a HG.
All this said, I will be taking Hosted Games’ advice, and I’ll be re-writing MMM. Here are a list of the massive changes there will be:
- Instead of having Anti-Social Personality Disorder, the MC will be a malignant introverted narcissist. Yours truly happens to have NPD, so this will be a much more accurate representation than the one I tried to display in the original MMM.
- Although MMM will still be very dark, it will not have sexual abuse, and the MC will not maliciously watch their sister drown.
- The MC’s murders will be directed towards “bad” people so that they will have more excuses for their crimes.
- As stated above, the MC will be a malignant introverted narcissist. This entails blunted empathy, grandiosity, arrogance, and entitlement. However, the MC will still feel shame, remorse, etc, and they won’t be sadistic and completely amoral.
So, you can kind of think of this as a bit closer to Fallen Hero than the American Psycho type story I had before.
Fan Art by @koshi:
You’re not a bad person. Not really. But when your little sister drowned and you weren’t able to save her, your mother didn’t see it that way. And through her savage bouts of revenge and her cold, relentless hatred of you, she created a monster.
Mass Mother Murderer is an epic thriller where you play as a serial killer determined to get revenge on your abusive mother by any means necessary. Struggle with feelings of intense rage, ambition, fear, and sorrow as you become the greatest villain your village has ever seen.
What there will be when the story is complete:
- Play as male, female, or non-binary; romance males, females, both, or no one at all
- Play as a conflicted and remorseful serial killer
- 200k words total
- 4 romance options: 2 males and 2 females. (Garad, Devero, Abella, and Cherihl)
- Play as a magician and choose between three kinds of magic: possession, phantom, or elemental
Who are your favorite characters?
What magic types did you choose to have?
Chapter One: 12k
Chapter Two: 14k
Chapter Three: 9k so far
Chapter Four: ?
Chapter Five: ?
Chapter Six: ?
Chapter Seven: ?
Chapter Eight: ?
Chapter Nine: ?
Chapter Ten: ?
Chapter Eleven: ?
Chapter Twelve: ?
Chapter Thirteen: ?
Chapter Fourteen: ?
Play-through length: 18k
If you enjoyed MMM, please give this thread a “like” so that others will try it out to.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- “Will you make the original demo available?”
No. I’ll be turning it into a novel series and self-publishing it as the gamebooks come out.