Mass Mother Murderer (renamed to The Pernicious Panacea)

@samuel_h_young
Thanks. :grin: Excited to see that option. :smiling_imp:

Spelling errors in chapter 11.

Eventually, after what feels like an eternity, you reach the the second floor window.

Remove the bolded word.

Perhaps Kat wanted to be able to gt into her house through the second floor as well.

Get

Edit

“I hope you hid well,” you sneer. “Those would be a very pathetic last few words.”
*set intimidation +2
*set kat %-5
(+2 Intimidation, Kat Increases)

The text in brackets should be: Kat Decreases

2 Likes

Samuel already explained that the mc finally killing their mother unhindered the mc psychologically, were they weren’t being held back anymore from reaching their potential.

On my first read through I thought it made sense. Presumably they would’ve reached a higher potential sooner if they were not damaged and held back by their mother. The power was in you all along :wink:

4 Likes

Oh, I love it…

Maybe add them as phantasms to use? Or ghost slaves as side ‘characters’ in part 2?

3 Likes

A fun little question for the people who are fans of both MMM and The Magician’s Burden:

Both of these stories have compareably bat shit crazy finales, in my opinion. Which events and deaths affected you more emotionally?

• TMB’s demon attack and the deaths of Mowbow, Theyo, Petre, and Verim.

• MMM’s pure villainy and the deaths of Edina, Garad, Devero, Abella, and Cherihl.

5 Likes

I think the deaths in MMM were more dramatic for me.

Normally, animals win my feels more than anyone else, but on my first playthrough of TMB, I had rivalry with the cat, so it was just startling at the end. I also didn’t like my father, so his death wasn’t as strong.

The entirety of MMM was a build-up to death and feeling endangered by my team mates, so it was definitely a more impactful and dramatic conclusion.

6 Likes

In The Magician’s burden, the deaths were extremely sad. Mowbow’s death was unexpected and hit me like a sack of bricks, then the father died too. I did not expect that kind of consequences of the demon attack.

In MMM, I knew it was gonna end with a lot of death either way, but the way it really ended still managed to catch me off-guard. However, given the kind of character I was playing, the deaths gave me a real sense of accomplishment, a disturbing mix of pleasure and pride.

This is hard, but I gotta give it to TMB by a slight margin. I remember replaying the game numerous times to see if there was a way to save Mowbow and Dad or either of them, until I got to know that it was inevitable.

6 Likes

Oof Now that I have some free times have it’s finally time to finish chapter 13

1 Like

A MERRY CHRISTMAS it is.

5 Likes

The cat and the Dad, they went swinging against overwhelming odds and i can respect that, even if i though the Dad was somewhat an asshole and i really liked the cat

hope we’ll get to go Constantine on some demons for some deserved revenge

2 Likes

I never liked the cat, nor the dad.

Here’s my primary MC in uniform.

Just a quick render.

7 Likes

Damn, that’s bad ass! :scream:

My hometown of Kansas City, Missouri is kinda infamous for serial killers. Here’s a serial killer in KC named Samuel o_o :

Also, the chess club that I go to used to be a business that Bob Berdella owned, and my ex-girlfriend’s dad played as one of Berdella’s victims in a documentary, The Bizarre Bazaar.

9 Likes

Me: *tries not to unleash a dark joke

In that environment, maybe not mention this particular story you wrote. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What an ending! It’s incredibly cruel how you make the reader choose one by one who the main character is going to attack next, and it’s exactly the sort of thing that fits their character.

I have to agree with @Shawn_Patrick_Reed about the increase in power the main character gains. Even knowing that they have been constrained by Edina, and that there are more plot reasons to be revealed in the next installment, I felt like it suddenly came out of nowhere.

I think it’s because of these lines:
Then, a moment later, she falls still. And as you watch the lights fade out of her eyes, something within you changes. As you rise slowly to your feet, you feel an unfathomable power well up inside you, pressing and nudging and begging to get out, to wreak havoc on the world.

Not only is the main character and reader not given a moment to recognize what they finally have done, but it seems more like telling than showing to me.

But otherwise I’m excited to see what happens in the next story. :relaxed:

2 Likes

Yeah, I thought it was much more fitting and cruel to make the reader go down a list and kill the ROs one by one, only leaving one survivor by process of elimination. It would be less poignant to just have the reader choose who to keep alive from the start, especially since the reader likely thought they would kill all four ROs.

The shift is definitely extremely sudden and seemingly out of nowhere. Though this was sort of intentional, as the MC doesn’t fully understand what’s going on, either.

I could take a long while to describe the transformation in more detail and explain why and how everything is happening, but that would be a poor narrative choice, I think. It’s best to strike when the iron is hot and capitalize on everything that the story has built up to with a thrilling finale, rather than splash water on the reader’s face with an info dump on wizardry. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

The MC’s transformation from magician to wizard will be explored extensively in Cruel Wizard, of course.

17 Likes

Did I somehow miss the sex scene or are you waiting on its (inevitable) release? (Pun intended)

Either way, can’t waaaaaait to make Dev my bitch! ;p (Great ending btw. You are a national treasure :heart:)

4 Likes

Trust me, you all will know when I release updates. I’m too narcissistic to keep them a secret. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9 Likes

Yay! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

You are a horrible, horrible person and I hate you.

That being said, I love you, and I love your writing style. That ending was magnificent and I especially loved the Doctor Manhattan level OPness the MC gained after killing their mother, and the fact that we could leave someone alive to live with what happened. Curious as to how the Joy, Kel and Kat percentages will stack up considering they had no impact on the ending, but I can’t wait until the sequel and whatever other book you might make. You’re hands down one of my favorite authors of all time.

That all being said, would you ever make a modern fantasy game? Like the idea Bright tried to create, but better? With half-orcs?

2 Likes