Mass Mother Murderer (renamed to The Pernicious Panacea)

Thanks!

The MC was a magician before, a low level magic user. I’m gonna add a glossary to the stats screen to explain all the lore.

Scenes are only up when I say they are.

4 Likes

AMAZING!! I can’t wait for The Cruel Wizard.

4 Likes

Wait so we’re not a psychopath anymore after killing our mom?

1 Like

Thanks!

The MC is still a psychopath, they just became more powerful magically.

6 Likes

That’s a really cool idea. The only thing is, in such a previously quiet and peaceful village, most of the guards wouldn’t have too many barbaric acts under their belts: no killing criminals, not a huge amount of corruption, etc. Some of them would be guilty of some fucked up shit (like torturing Kel, for example) but all twenty of them wouldn’t have victims to haunt them.

4 Likes

Well, off to some other town/city and become a court wizard.

5 Likes

Hey, how did you read my notes for The Cruel Wizard? :scream:

4 Likes

Its what I’d do in that situation. Ester/Edmund can’t exactly stay in Rhys Falls anymore. You gotta go somewhere else, change you identity and maybe appearance… The appearance actually isnt established much in MMM, so itd be cool to have some form of character creation in Cruel Wizard. Dye your hair or use magic to change aspects of yourself. Actually what does the killer look like? Fairly certain they have jet black hair.

6 Likes

My thoughts exactly!

I never specified what they look like, except for that they’re attractive. Efastia and Edina were both pale with jet black hair, so it’s natural that the MC would be, too. But I always leave my MCs undefined because I’d like for readers of all different skin colors and appearences to be able to imagine themselves as the MC.

7 Likes

Im kind of curious to how the MC feel about starting a family for cover and such. Do you think this character could have some form of Dexter season 3 development? Or are they just full on Hannibal?

1 Like

You’ll have to see in Cruel Wizard. :slight_smile: Though you can probably guess from what you’ve seen so far.

3 Likes

I can, but there’s also that part of me that wants some reliability to the character. I like playing Ester, and I find it interesting thinking about how they’d respond to becoming the very thing she despised, or being a cool mom out of that pure spite. I am currently reading a book about something similar to this called the psychopath inside, it’s about a guy who finds out he’s a psychopath based on his brain scans.

3 Likes

MINOR UPDATE:

• The choices to climb Kat’s house when trying to frame her are up in Chapter 11. The third choice for how to scare away the guards in Chapter 13 is now up.
  • Bug fixes and typo fixes.

Sometime soon, I’m going to work on adding a glossary to the stats screen that will detail the lore in this game and the world that it’s set in. I’ll also be adding variables so that the character bios in the stats screen will recognize when characters have died. Ya know, 60% of MMM’s cast.

Now, there’s still about 25k left of the story in Chapter 10: the 4 sex scenes that you all have (impatiently :wink: ) been waiting for. I’ve finished about half of this so far, but you all shouldn’t expect to see them until late December. This is because I’m going to finish up Winter of the Bovine and submit it to Hosted Games before I do much else with MMM.

13 Likes

So, basically, MC gets laid for Xmas.
Makes sense.

11 Likes

Hey there. I gave this a read through the other night. Pretty decent overall- it can be fun playing the villain sometimes. A couple things of note- there are a few points where there’s an extra word or misspelling which are very noticeable, but don’t happen often. You’ll probably want to have a trustworthy editor comb it over for these before publication. The other thing of note, which I’m not sure whether is meant to be intentional or is accidental… is that some of the choices (some of the possibilities within some choices) don’t feel like choices at all. What I mean by this, is, taking the mindset of someone trying to be cold and calculating and not get caught, as an example of one such choice- fairly early on, before the first kidnapping is known to be a kidnapping, there are some options which refer to the kidnap victim in the past tense. These are obvious no-nos to say to anyone to avoid rousing suspicion, though they likely have certain stat increases tied to them. There are a few other choices, such as regarding Abella’s keen observations or dealing with Garad, where a perfectly valid and reasonable response is rendered non-utterable by what seems to be one out-of-place word that could place suspicion on the MC.

Also, a little debate I had with a friend of mine, which I figure I could clear up by just asking about: Is it Joy who let the MC out of the closet all those years ago, or was it the MC’s mother? The note left when Joy is discovered missing is a bit vague on whether Joy herself wrote it, or the MC’s mother discovered where Joy was and set her free. It’s reasonable that Joy broke her own thumbs to escape, but it would be hard to write the note that way, and it’s hard to tell if the note’s ‘I’ is referencing the MC’s mother, even as Joy doing more proxy play, or Joy as herself.

The ending of the story felt a little… hmm. Like, sure, the MC gains all this magical power from feeling free of their mother… but not much explanation on why- or why it wasn’t able to manifest properly earlier. I don’t mind it, per-se; the MC rises to power as a victorious villain and shockingly puts down all opposition, but the MC just seems to mysteriously suddenly be able to do all these magical things beyond what they already know or have studied. I guess part of this might be explained in the next story, though. The power trip of an ending is flipped enough from the main story where cunning and stealth and intrigue are important, enough for it to feel almost out of place. But it’s still well written- it just leaves many unanswered questions.

4 Likes

There are definitely tons of typos right now. I’ll be combing through the text files extensively before submitting this to HG, but the actual writing takes precedence for now.

I kind of get what you’re saying about little slip-ups that could seem suspicious, but I’d have to have them pointed out for me to know what you’re talking about specifically.

Joy is a telepath, and she figured out that the MC was trapped in a closet by Edina all those years ago. Since the MC kidnapped her and dressed her up as their mother while acting bat-shit crazy, Joy decided to mock and antagonize the MC by leaving them that note as if she was actually the mother.

There are lots of unanswered questions, but that’s the nature of a first installment in a series.

9 Likes

During the ending, the MC mentions to Garad while they’re humiliating him that he and Abella had suspicions on MC from the beginning but didn’t say anything. Garad trusted MC because they were his vice-captain and Abella’s pride got in her way - she didn’t want to accuse the Vice-Captain without good evidence for fear of looking jealous or embarrasing herself.

3 Likes

Sorry, I should have made that more clear.

I meant the MC summoning ghosts of the MC’s victims. I.e. Margo and Werner.

7 Likes

I’m almost speechless, that final chapter was crazy! And the last few choices were insane, this game is something else man lol.

3 Likes

Ohhh. That’s bad ass. I’ll add that tonight.

6 Likes