Mass Mother Murderer (renamed to The Pernicious Panacea)

Aww, shit. I forgot to update the dashingdon file. I’ll do that later tonight.

Thanks, @expectedoperator! Yeah, I never let the reader forget about the MC’s dastardly ways, even if it’s just through some inner monologue here and there.

2 Likes

Me too, why else would you have a relationship bar with your sister if she’s “dead” i also kind of think it was the mom

Nvm

@Samuel_H_Young
You are two chapters from finishing! :dizzy_face::scream:
PS: your profile picture is pretty damn scary :japanese_goblin::fearful:

1 Like

Yup :smiley: I’ve only got about 40k left to write.

Mission accomplished.

Okay, I updated the files on Dashingdon so now you guys can actually play the second Abella date option. :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

I can’t wait to play as are character after this If he makes it out of this this is so interesting it’s like I don’t actually like being a psychopath murder but it’s just so interesting to see it and because it’s not real people dying I don’t feel To bad about doing it :joy: I hope you haven’t giving yourself nightmares writing this

1 Like

@Samuel_H_Young
In chapter 8. In Abella’s date scene.

I just want to see that pretty redhead of your sup

Yours, up

Abella, unimpressed, simply grabs a spair bow and arrow

Spare

but you also have something more sinister up your sleave.

Sleeve

2 Likes

Thanks! Tbh, it used to keep me up a little when I first started writing this, but apparently I’ve become used to it now. The only time it keeps me up nowadays is when I’m really excited and can’t stop thinking about it. :face_with_monocle:

7 Likes

MINOR UPDATE:

The second Devero date option is now on the demo. Chapter 8 is finally finished! Now, back to the sex scenes.

12 Likes

This is certainly an interesting play. There’s something to be said about playing this as someone who is decidedly not a psychopath. I really get into the romantic scenes with Garad and being a charming vice-captain, and then I get yanked right out because my character complains constantly about having to “pretend” to do these things. I actually like it. It pushes me to get involved with the scenes and then reminds me to really analyze my character.

All-in-all, this is a really well-written game. The social scenes are really well-written, and the MC’s “objective” review of people is really insightful. I’m looking forward to finishing this game.

6 Likes

Thanks a lot, @trevers17! Those sort of things are definitely what I aim for.

And I like that you noticed that about the MC. Despite their disdainful, cruel, and resentful views of the other characters, they are also able to see those people for who they really are more than anybody else because they can “cut through the bullshit” and leave most emotions out of their perspectives.

5 Likes

I found a bug in dates section

*selectable_if ((charisma > 14) and (intimidation > 14)) # (Requires 15 Charisma and 15 Intimidation)
*set abella %+5
*set intimidation +2
*set charisma +2
(+2 Intimidation, +2 Charisma, Abella Increases)
*line_break
Your girlfriend giggles as you poke her ribs again, but then she squirms away and remembers to frown. “Not in the slightest,” she replies defensively. “I just don’t want everyone gawking at me.” You arch an eyebrow, looking amused. With a dramatic sigh, she gives you a playful punch on the arm and says, “Alright, alright, whatever.”

There is missing description of Choice @Samuel_H_Young

In romance there is this

#With a large smile, you grip his hand and shake it firmly. “Very inspiring speech, captain. You really lit a fire in their bellies,” you say enthusiastically.
*set garad %+10
*set resolve +2
(+2 Resolve, Garad Increases)
*line_break
Garad tries to act nonchalant, but you can see his grin widen beneath his beard. “Well, I had to be a bit dramatic, didn’t I?” he replies with a chuckle. “I can only imagine the mayor trying to sell them this idea and it backfiring in his face. It was extremely important to have our guards with us on this, so I didn’t hold back.”

"Evidently," you reply good-heartedly, motioning to your subordinates who are still fired up at his words. 

You're sure that you could have done an even better job, but what matters is that things are going smoothly. Your [i]superior[/i] may not know it, but he's just playing right into your hands. Meanwhile, Cherihl is still grinning from ear to ear, but Abella just rolls her eyes and says dryly, "Don't encourage him. He's already going to be bragging about this for weeks as it is."

#Furrowing your brow, you say matter of factly, "Devero walked out because he couldn't bare to see what was going on, and I have to agree. Catching the kidnapper is incredibly important, but is it really worth it if we subject our own village to a witch hunt?" 
	*set diplomacy +1 
	*set devero +1
	*set intelligence +1 
	*set garad %-5 
	*set deception +1 
	(+1 Deception, +1 Diplomacy, +1 Intelligence, Devero Increases, Garad Decreases)
	*line_break 
	Before the captain can reply, Cherihl butts in. "Uh, yes? What kind of question is that? These villagers want to not die, don't they?" she says incredulously.

Devero is not in percentages so this may be bug.

2 Likes

Thanks, that’s fixed now.

2 Likes

I just realized it’s theoretically possible for me to submit both Mass Mother Murderer and Winter of the Bovine to HG before 2019. :scream::scream::scream:

17 Likes

@Samuel_H_Young
In chapter 8, dating Abella, and going to the archery contest.

In the option: “Aww, are you getting stage fright already?”

somehow looking but reluctant and excited at the same time.

Remove the bolded word.

I’m sure you heard about the archer contest

Archery

The narrow dirt path leading up to the house is well-tended, though, ad there’s

And

When dating Devero.

“What are we gonna do tonight in honor of this great occassion?”

I think the bolded word should be “now”, as both dates take place at different times.

3 Likes

@Samuel_H_Young

In chapter 8, when dating Devero and exploring the woods.

He lets out a squeel

Squeal

Why don’t we take our shoes off and dip our feet in the creak?

Creek

Edit
In chapter 3.

No. “No!”

I don’t think the italicised word is needed, as the text in italics is normally the opposite of what the MC says out loud.

2 Likes

Occasion

2 Likes

So, just a heads up. It’s easier for me to write the sex scenes at home and the climax of the story (Chapter 13 and on) at work. I want to be as efficient as possible, so I’ll be doing exactly that. This means it could take a lot longer for me to put out an update, but when I do, I’ll likely be releasing the sex scenes and Chapter 13 at roughly the same time, towards the end of November.

15 Likes

29 Likes

Haven’t played this wip since chapter 10 so these last 2 chapters should be enough to fill out the time. Now where can I get a confession booth? I have a lot of things to confess after this journey is over.

2 Likes