Mass Mother Murderer (renamed to The Pernicious Panacea)

That’s a thing i noticed with a lot of authors i’v talked to (i’v worked as an assistant for a few too), a lot of them would hesitate to include something or even refused to include it only to be surprised when it end up being very well received or the fans start giving feedback on how they had hoped for something similar to what they hadn’t dared to include

3 Likes

I think because we put passions in something that we want of struggle with. “My moment was Fuck it i will write about that and i give a damn about universe opinion” Curiously universe think is okay lol but know return topic. @Samuel_H_Young is someone that inspired me

2 Likes

Oh, trust me, I didn’t hold back with MMM. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: hence the torture, murder, and delving into topics like sociopathy, psychopathy, kleptomania, and pyromania. And the sex scenes in this next chapter will be anything but normal.

I think I stopped holding back as an author when I wrote The Magician’s Burden, as I started including erotica and lots of profanity.

10 Likes

I think in erotica part i will win you in weirdness lol but you beat me in the rest lol. But i go more for the kinki part

1 Like

So for the MC, its less of a moral objection and more of just them finding it to be gross.

10 Likes

Precisely. It just comes down to their personal preference.

10 Likes

Honestly i hope your game start a trend of darker game because i just dream of a ‘choose your own adventure’ where we’re playing as a member of a family like the sawyers in texas chainsaw and one where we’re playing a Jason like slasher villain

4 Likes

At the very least, MMM will have two sequels, and I have also have two more dark thrillers that I’m working on, The Enchanter’s Misery and The Twisted Village. :innocent:

6 Likes

I swear if you kill my pet again i will start a chainsaw massacre even if i am more of follow a charismatic sneaky path lol

7 Likes

Well fuck, man, I missed ya! Glad you’re back. I’m doing better now and I hope you are too.

You’re in for a bumpy ride. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

My creative writing instructor would love to read that. Her biggest thing she’s told us this semester is that great writing takes risks. I happen to concur. I have always been a passionate advocate against censorship, self imposed or otherwise.

4 Likes

@Samuel_H_Young
In chapter 7, in the choice: “A blind opponent is a helpless one. Raising your hands and waving them in an arcane motion, you cast your dark spell upon him.”

That accomplishes nothing, as he promptly trips over a stray stone and sprawls headirst

Headfirst

A blind opponent is a helpless one. Raising your hands and waving them in an arcane motion, you cast your dark spell upon him.

Darkness

4 Likes

I think I’ll try to make a Sweeney Todd next playthrough. Maybe He’ll have a Ms.Lovett in the next game?:grin::thinking:

1 Like

Don’t shoot me, but I’ve never watched Sweeney Todd. :grimacing:

4 Likes

So Hey, I’ve been around since this game was a little Baby WIP with only the starting chapter, and I’ve played my way to this most recent update and I can safely say, I hate how much I love this game. I mean, I consider myself pretty strongwilled when it comes onto gore, or gritty stuff. I love movies like that. But everytime I play a new chapter, I feel worse and worse. Like, my heart broke when I saw how Joy was struggling to perfect her magic, knowing what we as the MC were going to probably do to her. Yet, I continued on, because…I just had to see what happened. It’s like that famous Shock Room Experiment (or atleast famous for any psych student) where people are convinced that persons inside a room recieve a shock everytime they press a button, and they signed up to be participants. So persons press the button and the participants get “shocked” and the intensity increases with ever “shock.” To the point where the participants are begging them to stop, screaming that they have families, heart conditions, but these regular people are being told to continue by scientist because “it’s for science.” And over 60% continue with the shock, until the participant falls to the ground seemingly dead, and even then 25% still continued with the shocks to what they believed were corpses, because they are being told to do so, “for science.” Thats how I feel playing this game. I hate what the MC is doing, it’s hard to select these choices, especially with how immersive the story is, yet I find myself selecting the most disturbing ones I can…for science. To see how the scene plays out. It’s disturbing, yet me, a regular person who could never torture anyone, cannot wait for the next chapter. So thanks for that Sammy. Just my very long two cents that I had to get off my chest.

10 Likes

Dear lord, you don’t know how much I appreciate that. I learned about that vile experiment back in a highschool psych class and it degraded my faith in humanity so much. But that’s basically what this story is to the reader…and it only gets worse in the next four chapters, and then gets literally 2x as bad in the sequel.

11 Likes

I shudder to think what you have in store for us. I can’t wait.

2 Likes

You know it’s interesting, I never feel bad doing evil things in videogames. I have trouble empathising at the best of times. Yet I do envy the visceral emotional reactions that people describe when they play villain protagonist games such as this. I look forward to seeing how dark it can get.

3 Likes

Little bit of an odd thing to notice, but has anyone else noticed that almost all the female ROs in MMM and Magician’s Burden have “Small perky breasts”?

6 Likes

Haha. That’s true, mainly because they’re all fit but from small, poor villages where it’s rare for people to be a bit curvier. Though in the sequel to MMM and in The Magician’s Enigma, there will be ROs who are THICC.

6 Likes