Mass Mother Murderer (renamed to The Pernicious Panacea)

@Samuel_H_Young
In chapter 2, in the choice:
“Raising your hand, you summon a whirling, black ball of magical energy that begins to violently drag the criminal back to you like a rag doll.”

but your vortex has already done it’s job

Its

2 Likes

I don’t know if they’re are choices I’m missing to raise nature and arcana more but I can’t get them to 20% to pick any of those later options.

I did an elemental mage playthrough and picked every use magic or arcana option that I could see.

2 Likes

I had some time before work, so I went ahead and increased a lot of the Arcana and Nature stat boosts. You’ll have to restart your game to see these, but let me know if that helps.

Why do we have so many skills that are synonymous with each other, Charisma Diplomacy, Deception, Intimidation.

2 Likes

The short answer: nuance. There are differences between the two, and they’re clearly used in different ways in the story.

Charisma can be used to mock or tease people in smooth or funny ways; diplomacy can’t. Also, someone who is charming and outgoing isn’t automatically great at looking at two sides of an issue and nudging people to meet in the middle.

In the context of MMM, Charisma is mostly used to be outgoing, sexy, funny, etc, whereas Diplomacy is mostly used to be sensitive, tactful, and agreeable.

It’s the same thing with Resolve and Intimidation. Strong-willed and abrasive, vs inspiring fear in others. They can be similar in some instances, but much different in others.

Deception and Intimidation are so far from synonymous that I won’t even address that.

I don’t see any other skills that are “synonymous”. Would you prefer that I stuck to only the traditional stats, Strength, Charisma, Intelligence, and Magic?

7 Likes

To me it makes the dependable stat in a choice unsure, and I can’t tell if that’s intentional.
But it may just be me, I’m just a random idiot.

Am I wrong or does it look like the MC has some sort of god complex?

2 Likes

Basically. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think @Samuel_H_Young has found his true writing niche with this genre - it comes natural (is this good or bad? :wink: ) whereas other genres seem to take a lot more effort to achieve the goals set forward…

Maybe one day we will see his show on ID Discovery about mass murders or sum such :two_hearts:

Feedback incoming sometime soon*

soon is defined as when it is possible

9 Likes

Thanks, Eiwynn. Yes, MMM has been the easiest and smoothest one to write for me, and also the one that relieves the most stress. :thinking:

It’s kinda like I have a headache when I get off work and then I go home and write MMM, and it goes away.

13 Likes

I can’t read this game as it triggers bad memories. But what I read it was amazingly well written. Also you will achieve the fact i will buy a game I will not play. But my support goes with you. Still i hope the app stores behave in their scores lol And don’t become paranoid or something.

2 Likes

Thanks, Mara. I’m expecting this to be much more successful than TMB, based of the likes and comments here. There will undoubtedly be some bad reviews because of the shockingly violent and dark content.

But I also think it’s bringing something new and fresh to the table, and something many people have been wanting for a long time: to play as an evil villain. Even if the reader chooses as many outwardly non-violent and “nice” choices as possible, the MC is still by far the most evil character in CoG’s library, which sounds just ridiculous, but people also seem to find it intriguing.

When I first posted the teaser for MMM, I honestly thought it was gonna be a flop. I thought it was going to get ignored and the few people who would read it would be disgusted and offended because it’s so outlandish and macabre. To my surprise, it has been by far my most successful WIP.

15 Likes

is reallyinteresting sadly I can’t skipped the trigger scenes lol if some day you including a mode that skip the not consensual theme and all the sexual part in the torture i will read it but ast time i tried I almost puke in shock. what’s a testimonial of your writing skils

Thanks! Though I actually made a point not to include sexual abuse, and the MC even states that they’re disgusted by the idea.

2 Likes

I know is nor sexual abuse i mean the acts of the mc itself while doing the torture… and their way of seeing it. :face_vomiting: Is as shocking as it should be . I am weird I know I have no problem with gore itself is when feelings of the assassin and show or show sexual arousal that makes me emphatically connect with the victim. I am too empathetic to playing a game like this. Also it hits home for several reasons.

2 Likes

I’ll do some thorough stat balancing as soon as I get the chance. Previously I just used “find and replace” to boost those stats, but I still haven’t had time to test them myself.

Why exactly is the MC disgusted by sexual abuse? This is apparently a person without empathy, compassion, and humanity so I’m curious as to why they would draw any lines.

3 Likes

As a psychopath, they aren’t disgusted by really any sort of violence in general, but rather they just find the idea of them abusing their mother (and the surrogates) in that way to be gross because it’s incest. But they also just aren’t attracted to rape or necrophilia like many serial killers are.

But obviously the most important thing is that I myself don’t want to write about sexual abuse, and having that present in the story would also turn away half of my potential fanbase, and rightly so in my opinion.

20 Likes

I don’t think pyschopath are inherently repulsed by incest though and the MC’s education was such a mess that it’s unlikely he would learn that principle, an association of the act with his own weakness relating to his mother would work better as a justification IMO than just ‘well, it’s incest’, that justification only work while talking about normals people raised with western value

eh, when it come to fanbases, you’d honestly be surprised and guessing what people will like or not will only lead to self censure and a lose of originality, i mean it obviously doesn’t apply in that case since you don’t want to write that anyway but i’m talking more generaly here, don’t limit your writing because of what you think the fanbase would like or not, fanbases have knack to surprise you when it come to that, just write what you want and your fanbase will find you anyway if it’s well done

2 Likes

That’s actually totally true My wip for instance has been better receive anything I had written before and theme and fact have erotica content has surprised me like a lot. Still is hard to tell until i make demo public you never know

2 Likes