Mass Mother Murderer (renamed to The Pernicious Panacea)

There is absolutely no doubt that it is getting better as it goes along. You are a master of suspense, and the way you leave the MC in a spot where it seems like ‘this is it, there’s no saving him now’ with every update, really leaves me wanting more. You have a way of making readers feel certain emotions with your writing, and I think that this story is the greatest manifestation of that ability so far.

6 Likes

@Samuel_H_Young
Spelling error in chapter 12.

At long last, you stand in fromt of your basement door.

Front

I definitely say it’s getting better.
You’re really building up the tension, especially with the current cliffhanger. :grin:

3 Likes

Btw, everyone, I’m now going back to write everything that I skipped over – Devero’s and Abella’s other date option, all the sex scenes, and the rest of the “framing Kat” scene. This should all amount to about 35k or so.

16 Likes

Yes MMM is great, it’s very different to what i usually read. But it’s different in a great way lol. I love the thrill of it and its very long and in detail in my opinion. So ya it’s :+1:

3 Likes

I’ve been here from the start, observing this for months and it’s only getting better.

2 Likes

All I ask for is some more relationship time in that one chapter before she has something to say, I romanced Abella and wanna get some happy times together. :wink:

3 Likes

I’ll be uploading her second date option tonight, and I’ll be uploading the sex scenes in a couple weeks, most likely.

11 Likes

I’d say my favourite aspect of playing this character is that there’s no half measures. At first I expected that there would be some sort of half hearted moral justification like the “dexter” vigilante thing or multiple personalities. I was pleasantly surprised by the fact that this game unflinchingly depicts an amoral psychopath. It lends the whole story an air of authenticity that really enhances the horror.

6 Likes

I’m glad you appreciate that!

Sometimes the best villain is just someone who is pure malevolence. The MC’s only justification for lying, manipulating, abusing, sexually abusing, torturing, and murdering people is that they need to do these things, but the truth is that they just want to.

3 Likes

This continues to be suspenseful! The MC is in trouble now! Gotta stop Joy, deal with Abella (I wonder if there is any way to repair this relationship, will the MC be forced to kill her this game, or will she be an enemy next game trying to bring you down?), and finally confront Mother. Instead of Abella helping to rescue Joy, maybe it was mother?

4 Likes

Game is definitely getting better, man. That suspense and tension really is killer. Don’t know how you do it. I wish I could write aswell as you. Only thing I can think we have in common, or maybe even surpass, is my fucked up and sickening imagination lol

I

I was not aware of sexual abuse? Is that featured in the scenes that you have yet to implement?

2 Likes

Yeah, there will be some sexual coercion in Chapter 10. Nothing brutal, “just” gaslighting and guilt tripping.

As for how Joy got away, I don’t have any plans of explicitly stating it in the narrative. But I will say that there are a few clues in previous chapters and chapter 12 that reveal it.

6 Likes

From the clues in the previous chapters I believe it to be the younger sibling that everyone thought drowned in the lake all those years ago.

:poop:

:wink:

3 Likes

Damn, I just checked, and the playthrough length for MMM is currently sitting at 69k. This is shaping up to be one of the longest CSGs as far as individual playthroughs go. I’m predicting the total length will be about 210k or so, which means the playthrough length could go up to about 85k. Compare that to 15k in Trial of the Demon Hunter and 60k in The Magician’s Burden.

11 Likes

bcf
Damn it, I ain’t smart enough to figure it out.

But which previous chapters are you talking about? All of them or the few before Joy’s escape?

5 Likes

You know what? Just because I love that meme so much, I’ll go ahead and explain it.

Summary
  • In chapter 9, we see that Joy is a minor telepath, and is struggling but failing to strengthen her magical abilities to branch out to other things.
  • In chapter 10, the MC mocks Joy by telling her that she’d have to break a thumb just to get her hand out of the handcuffs. This plants the idea in her head.
  • In chapter 12, the note that she left for the MC is pinned to the ground with a needle.
  • With all of this, one could deduce that Joy broke her thumb and contorted her hand out of the handcuffs. Then, because of the life or death situation that she was in, she was able to use her magic to summon a needle from the MC’s table of torture instruments. She used that to pick the locks on her chains so she could escape.

MINOR UPDATE:

Abella’s second date option has now been added to Chapter 8.

16 Likes

Out of curiosity, I did a search of a bunch of different words in all of MMM’s text documents to see how many times certain words were used. Here’s a breakdown of some of them. This includes different versions of the word, like murdering, murders, etc.

• Torture: 126
  • Pain: 111
  • Kill: 110
  • Cruel: 46
  • Vicious: 36
  • Evil: 34
  • Murder: 34
  • Monster: 30
  • Manipulate: 20
  • Abuse: 18

I think think is a good representation of how dark MMM is.

11 Likes

Thank you! That saves me a headache.

Wow, I would never have figured that out. I actually thought it was Edina :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

The second date option isn’t in the game.

In chapter 9.

You never have a fucking husband," you interject, scowling.

don’t

3 Likes

This is such a twisted story. It really feels like I’m a medieval Dexter. :smiling_imp:

I love that you never allow the player to have any really sentimental choices to choose from, and that you are always reminding us that most kind acts by the main character are fake. I think a lot of people would have accidentally, or even tried to, make them sympathetic and ruin the whole idea of playing a villain.

I like how I can choose the same character as both a potential problem and a romance option.

And I really like how things are starting to spiral out of control for the main character in the latest chapter. I may like playing a villain, but I also like seeing something of a comeuppance for them, too. :innocent:

5 Likes