Mass Mother Murderer (renamed to The Pernicious Panacea)

Haha, I do need a better way of putting that. Burning down a dozen buildings is uber violent, but I meant that he’s a calm and non-violent person when it comes to his temper and bare hands.

The MC is definitely uncharacteristically emotional for a psychopath, but this is intentional. The whole character and the trilogy will be based upon their implacable rage.

Though I will say that serial killers, even the capable and intelligent ones, daydream and daze off all the time. It’s part of their fantasy world that they want to create in reality.

I chortled at several of your annotations. Thanks for pointing out all those typos!

1 Like

Yeah the only reason why I didn’t finish it was that I had class. But the again I started because I had three hours of free time and didn’t want to work on school stuff, I’ll get back to it now :blush: Plus I did say I would before, an even beyond that, with this name, it’s my obligation to be this thread.

1 Like

Me in my Slytherin scarf and Ed Gein mask.

11 Likes

The beard makes it scarier.

8 Likes

I’ve replayed the demo over 3 times now and I still love it just as much. The story is amazing, the characters are amazing, you’re amazing; I just love it so much that words can’t express the happiness i get just from reading it. Please keep up the good work and take care of yourself, also please have this fanart of the mc to show my undying love and support (it’s not that good but please take it).

13 Likes

Thank you so much, Koshi! The art is amazing and I really appreciate your words of encouragement. :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Lol nice!! And I’m a HUGE fan of your stories, i completely love them i can’t wait for MMM i read it about 3 times now and it’s amazing, ive never read anything quite like it. I also read the magicians burden and i can’t wait for the second part, I’m hyped :smiley: and keep up the great work.

4 Likes

I played the demo,it was freaking amazing!There are occasional grammar errors,though,I forgot where they were haha…
Y’know,whenever I played a game,I’d first play as the psycho but some games didn’t have that choice or the villain route was dull compared to the hero’s.But this game…it’s amazing!Joy is a smart one.She’s fun.It’s kinda ironic that I named my MC Achilles on my first play.

3 Likes

Well, I’ve switched around the chapter count about 4,000 times because I keep adding stuff to the chapter outlines and rearranging shit, but I think it’s finally settled down at 14.

One of the biggest themes in Chapters 10, 11 and 12 is: Is it better to do something wrong for the right reasons or to do something right for the wrong reasons?

9 Likes

Knowing the MC, doing something wrong cuz it’s wrong AND fun.

3 Likes

Mine is more like: I don’t really care as long as it benefits me.

4 Likes

Seasons 4 and 5 of Bates Motel have a 100% on Rotten Tomatoes. There is hope for humanity after all. :sob::raised_hands:

Oh, I’ve also thought of another tagline for MMM: Like a mix between “Dexter” and “Bates Motel” but in a medieval fantasy setting and twice as dark :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

Imagine the MC from MMM combined with the MC from The Magician’s Burden.

An already physically and magically powerful person, with their powers supplemented by being hijacked by a demon. :smiling_imp:

9 Likes

Not to mention that the MC would be willing to use Zaleth’s powers much more frequently. They would hate being possessed but wouldn’t have any moral qualms with whatever the demon made them do. :grimacing:

7 Likes

The MMM MC wouldn’t gain much, beyond the demon, except maybe a conscience, the Burden’s MC doesn’t have much going for him yet

2 Likes

Obviously in such a partnership, Zaleth would the moral one of the pair. :innocent:

6 Likes

Zaleth to TMB’s MC: “Let me brutalize your bully so I can slap the shit out of your little brother later.”

Zaleth to MMM’s MC: “Jesus fucking-- wow, that’s a little – ok, I’m out.”

24 Likes

Yup, that’s also my impression, Zaleth is more like an asshole friend who keep trying to push you into getting drunk and throwing stones at someone’s house, he isn’t Mengele tier psycho like the MMM MC or even the other demon we saw at the end (given how he seemed scared of them)

8 Likes

When you be writing homosexual erotica at work all day :joy::joy::joy:

10 Likes

@Samuel_H_Young
In chapter 5 the MC gains 3 mana, but the rest of the time they gain 2 mana.

3 Likes