Mass Mother Murderer (renamed to The Pernicious Panacea)

I’m obsessed with lists, and I also think this is something you all might find interesting, so I made a character development chart for all the NPCs. Basically, in each chapter, I look at how much development each character gets, and then give them points according to this scale: small amount: 1. Medium amount: 2. Large amount: 3. Very large amount: 4. Then, I add all the points up from each chapter, and we can get a general idea of how much development each character got in MMM.

Obviously, this includes all 14 chapters, half of which aren’t out yet. All that said, here it is.

Character Development Chart:
Garad: 26
Abella: 26
Devero: 23
Cherihl: 23
Edina: 15
Werner: 7
Joy: 6
Mercier: 6
Margo: 6
Kel: 5
Kat: 4
Efastia: 3
Stefen: 2

12 Likes

Well, it’s been fun. :v:

20 Likes

In case you all were wondering exactly why I would write a story like this, here are my inspirations:

• I was obsessed with burning things, mostly plastic toys, until I was about thirteen years old. I wet the bed until I was about 13. Although I haven’t been diagnosed, I seem to be a kleptomaniac. Throughout elementary, middle, and high school, I was viciously bullied and ostracized by my peers. I was subject to physical and verbal abuse by my parents. After learning that all of these things are common childhood symptoms of serial killers, I became very interested in this subject.
  • Ed Kemper. Although he’s much more demented and vile than the MC, they still share some traits. As well as being powerful, (he was 6’9" and 280lbs), Ed is also charismatic and has a genius IQ. Most importantly, he had a deep seated fear of his mother, and his murders of other women were used as surrogates for her eventual murder.
14 Likes

@Samuel_H_Young
In chapter 3, in the below choice:
"Gritting your teeth, you shove her away and shout, “Get the hell off me!”

Shouldn’t this give a boost to strength?

1 Like

Yep, that makes sense.

3 Likes

19 Likes

20 Likes

So accurate. o.o

2 Likes

Big Question:

I’ve been thinking a lot lately about making all four ROs’ genders match up with the MC’s sexual preference. This way, the players that are attracted to just females or just males could have 4 romanceable characters instead of 2.

Now, obviously this would take a lot of work, with me having to add in different variables, pronouns, and descriptions, but it could be worth it. I’m also considering doing this for The Magician’s Burden, The Enchanter’s Misery, and The Twisted Village.

Obviously one of the things making me hesitant is the fact that I initially wanted my characters to be as defined as possible, but the characters would still be largely the same, just with a few minor differences based on gender.

All that said, I’ve made a poll so you can all chip in: https://linkto.run/p/8DE0UU72

22 Likes

I’ll be okay with whatever you pick :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: but for everyone who isn’t I gave them my vote and I know that it will be awesome either way :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: because it’s you who is writing it :grin: on another note can not wait for chapter 10 to be added if you know what I mean :joy::kissing_heart::smiling_imp:

1 Like

While understand the appeal behind the idea, many stories I play with this concept have less fleshed out characters and the romance scenes tend not to be as interesting. It could also sometimes be a bit weird to be completely surrounded by one gender. That being said, you are a good author and I am sure you could pull it off if you implemented it
Edit: now that I think about it though I could probably just go with the bi option if I wanted things to be similar to how they are now

5 Likes

I have mixed feelings about it since on one hand I’d like NPCs to be as well defined and fleshed out as they can be in the context of the game, so if a character is male/female they have some trait that complements or contrasts their perceived masculinity/femininity, so that gender has some noticeable impact on personality rather than just a superficial aesthetic.

On the other hand having more ROs might open more interesting relationship dynamics and potentially increase replay value, provided the relevant NPCs still feels humanistically developed in equal measure under both genders.

Personally I’d like to see their gender-switched counterparts and how they compare.

3 Likes

Wow, one of my Facebook friends made this amazing clay sculpture of Aileen Wuornos. :scream:

11 Likes

Great, I know I’ll see that face in my nightmares now. Thanks a lot, Sam!

2 Likes

shrugs in bisexual

6 Likes

Haha. Yeah, bi MCs would see no change. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think it’s a good idea, it’s just more convenient for an average player, at least it would make me consider romance i wouldn’t have paid attention to otherwise

5 Likes

Yeah, I think it would be cool for so many readers to suddenly have two more ROs that they previously weren’t interested in, in that way, because of their orientation. I think I probably will implement this in my games, but probably not for a while.

It will be a big undertaking and it could also introduce a ton of bugs if I’m not super careful. One of the biggest problems with my first two games was that they had very messy coding, so since then I’ve tried to make my code as simple as possible.

4 Likes

I’m finally catching up with this thread, I haven’t read the last 200 comments, so sorry if it’s already mentioned, but I found a bug in the cave scene with Werner.
I have this in my Inventory: Keys, dagger, staff, and flint and marcasite.
But this option is available for me, even though I have nothing of the stats that is required:

You pull out your blowpipe, quickly loading it with a tranquilizer dart. “In your state, mother, this will send you into a sleep that you’ll never return from,” you sneer. (Requires 10 Long Ranged Weapons or 10 Stealth, and Blowpipe and Darts))

2 Likes

MEDIUM UPDATE:

The mini-scene where you can ask Garad to be your boyfriend and go on a date with him is now on the demo.

Btw, for all the people who were planning on Garad being your Romance Interest, please let me know if 70 is too high of a stat check to ask him out.

12 Likes