Mass Mother Murderer (renamed to The Pernicious Panacea)

@Samuel_H_Young
I think the below choice should give Abella a relationship boost, as she appreciates the MC’s magic usage.
“Snorting, you raise an eyebrow and say, “Not especially, no.” Then, with a wave of your own hand, you make his dots of light freeze in the middle of the air before glowing a bright, blood red.”

Edit

I’m really enjoying the game by the way. I’m enjoying all the options to be deliciously evil, and look forward to what’s coming next, especially the scene when we can finally confront Edina. Keep up the great work. :smiling_imp: :grin:

7 Likes

Thanks! The Edina Boss Battle is gonna be so crazy that it will make up a good portion of Chapters 13 and 14. :sunglasses:

10 Likes

I loved The Boy Called It, it greatly influenced my decision to become a psychologist.

4 Likes

Bit of an odd suggestion, but what about mask options that correspond to the magic types?

Elemental magic could have a mask with a flame or void motif, phantom’s could be made to resemble the spectre’s face, and voodoo could have, like, a shaman-esque wooden mask, but scarier?

I mostly thought of this for the spectre mask tbh.

8 Likes

Those are some good ideas! I might add those in soon.

4 Likes

Wouldn’t that be a dead give away, especialy the specter ? since we kinda use our power publicly a few time

9 Likes

Ah, good point.

2 Likes

On the other hand, we currently have the option of wearing masks representing our own family members. How’s that for a giveaway?

When people see the masks, their first thought would be “Creepy women/girl” not “look, Efastia/Edina!” They do bare resemblences to those two, of course, but they are masks after all, so Edina would probably be the only one to recognize who they were specifically supposed to be.

7 Likes

I imagine that would be true for most, but wouldn’t people who’d be quite familiar with Edina (or even the late Efastia) have a chance to recognize the mask - or at least to think “wait, it reminds me of something…”

Now, Edina doesn’t strike me as a social butterfly, so not sure how many people know her well, but I don’t believe she’s a total hermit either.

1 Like

That’s true. The MC will only be using their mask a couple times in this volume, though, so by the time anyone starts finding it peculiar, it would already be too late. :wink:

6 Likes

This just occurred to me but how much of an unreliable narrator is the MC? I think they have enough personality to be biased to some extent but does that bias serve as a tool to hide information from us?

9 Likes

When the MC is thinking about something, there are some times where they’ll exaggerate a bit to make themselves look better or make others look worse, but so far nothing has been hidden from the reader by the MC.

But, as you’ve also noticed, they can also be extremely self deprecating on rare occassions (really only when it comes to their shame over being scared of Edina, or when they screw up like with Margo’s bag, Werner’s arrowhead, etc). So they’re kinda a self-loathing narcisist, like yours truly.

15 Likes

mmm%20raccoon

18 Likes

using image macros in 2018

1 Like

I was a bit hesitant to read this game since my anxiety was like ‘nop’ but in the end I was ‘no, shut up’ and I’m glad that I did read this. I felt disgusted during certain parts since reading the tortures made me wonder how some people can do/did this in real life, I guess I felt that way thanks to the good writing because it is enough to make you part of the story but not too gross when it comes to details such a torture or murder. And it’s really good there isn’t “but love made the MC different and somehow got over their traumas and psycho tendencies” kind of story.

I look forward to fight Edina (I would be nice/interesting/disturbing? -I don’t know if it’s the right word I’m looking for but I hope you get it…- to show her everything the MC did to gain the courage to kill her, ex: showing the corpses of the victims, or the items chose to torture them, even talking about how they would make the sister suffer since that would hurt Edina as much as physical pain for what I read), but I’m sure whatever you have in mind will turn out to be good.

2 Likes

So, I’m reading The Method and Madness of Monsters, and it says that female serial killers often have reigns that last twice as long as the males’ reigns do, and they’re often much more prolific, too.

So there definitely is an advantage to poisoning victims (like female serial killers do) rather than torturing and murdering them by hand, like the males do. All that said, we wouldn’t have much of a story if the MC just poisoned Edina in chapter 1, would we? XD

4 Likes

Think of something that you do that requires a certain amount of time and effort to be done correctly. You don’t mind doing this thing because you actually enjoy doing it and feel that it is important for you to do it. Now replace that thing with torture and murder. That’s how I imagine it.

1 Like

I just did what you said, and I guess if it’s something you enjoy and like it turns out to be very easy, and their psychology explain a lot about their thinking and behavior. And yet, if I did something like that (murder o torture) the memory would eat me alive, I would just turn paranoid and feel that everyone knows what I did and I will end up crazy. And this game gave me a lot of thinking.

Time to go back to documentaries and psychology.

3 Likes