Mass Mother Murderer (renamed to The Pernicious Panacea)

I get that. I just hope we have the chance to, once all this mom business is over, revisit our memories of Efastia and realize she wasn’t that bad of a sister and that maybe, just maybe, she didn’t “have” to die to act as an impetus to everything (maybe if you get her relationship stat high enough)

Seriously, you couldn’t have just taken the easy way out and just made the mom evil. You just had to force the player to realize that the character is responsible for everything that happened to them and that “the big bad evil mom” is actually just a good woman that has Henry Evans for a son and can’t bring herself to kill him. Too cruel… too cruel… :cry::cry:

2 Likes

Yeah, the ironic thing is that even though we all know Edina is a manipulative, unstable, cruel person, she still loves Efastia more than she loves herself, even a decade after she died. Add that to the fact that, to the readers’ knowledge, Edina never actually inflicted her cruelty on anyone but the MC.

So as much as the MC despises and fears their mother, they are actually the much bigger monster.

12 Likes

I literally haven’t seen any of that lol.
The woman is hosing a crazy psycho that essentially murdered her daughter. While its easy to write off what she did as manipulative or cruel, I’d say it’s a slightly exaggerated response of a grieving mother.

I mean put yourself in her shoes. You’re a single mother which means there is already some drama due to no dad/husband being around. Your devil magic slightly “off” son goes with your daughter to the lake to have fun. You specifically tell your son, the eldest that you love (he’s your son after all), to keep his sister safe. You then get the idea that, “Hey, it’s a nice day outside. Why don’t I surprise the kids with a picnic! They’ll love that.” And when you show up, your eldest son is sitting happily atop your dead daughter’s body(a daughter, I might add, who is so pure and innocent, she brightens anyone’s day).

I think locking the fucker in a closet for a few days is certainly the “least worse” thing you could do. A million miles behind “have him arrested, abandoning him, or killing him in a fit of rage” at any rate.

Mom is unstable, but the mc is a real piece of work thinking he’s not the direct cause. Irony is really something, I know

9 Likes

I 100% agree. We see Edina doing all sorts of fucked up things, but put into context, they at least start to become more “reasonable.”

3 Likes

This is what your book reminds me of. This scene in particular:

10 Likes

Oh please, no one can be as great as Sato.

1 Like

True. Very true. I just meant the dynamic between the MC and their parent

1 Like

Samuel o___o

@Dark_Stalker
Pshh

4 Likes

Sorry it’s true. Sato is like if Kira and Madara had a baby that was raised by Voldemort

4 Likes

Well dayum :o

3 Likes

So if Mr. Perfect and I’m better than you at everything had a baby that was raised by a prodigal ball of Nazi evil :blush:

He also did one of the scenes I was ok with censorship just because what they replaced it with was awesome.

@ChristandJackel

But seriously what’s with the Samuel? Fan Translation?

Now that I’ve posted here I’m obligated to look for errors at least once… just let me procrastinate for a bit.

1 Like

Pretty sure Samuel is his real name and Sato is his “acquired name”

Yeah. He’s this nearly impossible to kill badass military tactician that wants to rule the world(?) or at the very least want to cause a ton of chaos. Oh, and he literally can’t die… and can create a weird monster that is impervious to almost anything and can phase through walls…kind of op actually lol, ergo the comparison

3 Likes

I have to reread Ajin :disappointed_relieved:

Don’t forget that he delivers great fried chicken.

Whenever I pick a sibling interaction in a game I usually go with the ignore them route. Maybe annoying if I’m the younger.

2 Likes

My point was just that that’s essentially what the MC is like.
Out of Context: “Child called It”
In Context: “The Good Son”

I was speaking more to this game in particular though in most games I do tend to take on a protector role. Hmm… that’s interesting :thinking:

“That” scene in particular inspired the comparison. Talk about devotion. I don’t give a sh!t how much money you give me or how immortal I am. Not doing that… ever

2 Likes

I read about 2 pages of The Boy Called It and had to stop because it made me sick to my stomach. Granted, I was like 12. Now I’m 23 and writing MMM. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Have you seen “The Good Son”? If not it’s a good movie. Mr. Caulkin should have gotten a damn Oscar for his performance. Especially since it came out not that far after Home Alone

3 Likes

No, but I’ll check it out.

1 Like

I’ve always gotten weirded out by more mundane things while being ok with the gory stuff. I mean one of my first games was Manhunt (at around the 3-5 mark) a game where you starred in a snuff film with a guy getting off to it, which was partnered by the suffering. But I couldn’t stand some things I saw in kid shows. Like an anthropomorphic flower.

1 Like

You need to. You can likely surmise from established context that it’s about an amazing well-behaved child that is obviously good

1 Like

The only the work that I couldn’t finish reading out of how uncomfortable it made me was a short story called “Guts” written by Chuck Palahniuk. During some book readings, over 60 audience members passed out during book readings.

3 Likes