Marcelo Gallegos

We at Choice of Games were sad to learn of the recent passing of Marcelo Gallegos, the artist who did the cover art for Avatar of the Wolf, An Odyssey: Echoes of War, Silverworld, Gilded Rails, and Demon Mark: A Russian Saga. We will miss his rare talent.

There will be a memorial service on Saturday, July 2nd that will be livestreamed on Facebook.

promo480
promo480
promo480
promo480
promo480

198 Likes

That’s sad…

Especially after all we’ve been through in the world.

May he rest in peace! and may his family be respected in their mourning. :rose:

24 Likes

I looked him up on Google and now I can’t stop looking at his work … it’s haunting, unsettling, like the psychedelic phase Hieronymus Bosch never had, and yet the use of color is positively joyful.

And apparently Mr. Gallegos and I were practically neighbors, in Internet terms - he was in the nearest major city to me. If that gallery that’s hosting the memorial ever does a retrospective of his work, I’ll be there for sure.

24 Likes

Best wishes for the family and friends,clearly a great writer has left us.

Curiously been reading today the masterful Demon Mask:A Russian Saga no better way to remember Mr. Gallegos.

2 Likes

I’m tearing up. I didn’t know him, but Demon Mark was the first COG I ever played. I feel so nostalgic right now.

EDIT: Actually, Choice of the Dragon was the first cog I ever played. Demon Mark was the first cog I ever bought.

4 Likes

Rest in peace.

1 Like

Oh this is such sad news.
Thank you for letting us know.

5 Likes

R.I.P. Life can be so unpredictable.

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear this. I didn’t know him personally but hugely admired his art. All the best to his friends and loved ones.

6 Likes

Truly sorry to hear it. All three of his pieces for CoG were distinctive and evocative.

1 Like

Five, actually (at least). He also did the box art for Gilded Rails and Silverworld.

2 Likes

Oh wow, I have both of those as well, and it’s a tribute to him that as soon as I read your post, I immediately remembered the artwork even though I haven’t touched either game in a long while.

2 Likes

I don’t even have Gilded Rails, but I’ve seen the art, and it flashed into my head while I was looking over his other work yesterday, so I checked it out and sure enough, it was his. What an amazingly distinctive style.

2 Likes

RIP he was such a good Artist, Avatar of the Wolf was my first choice game so I will treasure it with my heart :heart:

2 Likes

I’ve just been browsing some of his works online, and he truly was a great artist. May he rest in peace.

1 Like

Rest in peace Marcelo Gallegos. U were a talented artist that will be missed

1 Like

I never know about you personally but i love the story you made

1 Like

rip sir

1 Like

My god…
When I saw Gilded Rails art, I was blown away and was forever inspired by the artwork.
To hear the artist dying breaks me.
I hope he rests peacefully and his friends and family are okay.

2 Likes