Mandatory tags on the forum now?

I guess I was thinking if someone made a WiP sort of like, say, Silverworld, which I’m not really sure what genre to call it. (Fantasy alternate history sci fi prehistory time travel?)

I suppose we could just wait and see what comes up, but I don’t think having a cross-genre tag as an option would hurt.

Incidentally, when I do the search in the box, this one isn’t showing up unless I type in the entire phrase :confused: and even then it doesn’t get a number. And I don’t see it in the tags list :confused:

Ah. Yeah, I get why you’d go with “One.” :sweat:

I’m seeing an option to create tags when I’m looking at WiPs (I’m not seeing it on other threads) but I haven’t tested if it works :confused:

Let’s see, I guess we have gender-choice and gender-locked-male and gender-locked-female… gender-locked-nonbinary would cover a remaining possibility. I don’t think there’ve been any yet, but thereoetically speaking :thinking:
And maybe gender-unspecified to cover @Jacic’s possibility?
Well, and I guess there’s also edge cases if you play as multiple protagonists, or something nonhuman where gender doesn’t really apply (something like The Iron Destinies, say, where you’re an iron atom).

1 Like

There, new tag gender-unspecified

There, new tag cross-genre

Try again, I think I fixed it.

… I swear I didn’t read that before making the tag. (Also the point was that there wasn’t a current one, not a hypothetical one, I know there’s a hypothetical one.)

2 Likes

Yep, it’s showing up all the places it should now!

Okay, and I suppose nonhuman protagonists would probably fall under SF or fantasy :thinking: …Well, except I’m not sure how you’d tag the bunny colony game if it were in WiP instead of “Other Interactive Fiction” :rabbit2::rabbit2:

2 Likes

I agree that having a tag for “Interest-Check” and other such categories is helpful but the way WiP, in general, are categorized, perhaps should be rethought.

I don’t have an alternative as of yet but identifying the need for a reorganization of HG forums is the first step.