Man Alive - the First Wave [WiP-Demo]

@The_lone_noob: I’ve already targeted and neutralized that spelling error for the next update, which - speaking of, I’very discovered a spelling error of yours to return the very special gift:

Should be potential not potencial.
As for exessive characters, killing off characters, and codex files, don’t be giving away surprises early.

1 Like

Killing off characters, YES!
All survivors list any and all skills. Anyone who is overshadowed or too old shall serve as bait.

It has a lot of potential, but I do have a few suggestions.

The first being the addition of stats and the introductions to the other survivors feels very forced. A lot of detail would be helpful, as it is it feels like you have a checklist of things that you need to get done in this chapter and it’s a headlong rush from check to check. That would also help with the second suggestion in that the entire chapter seems way too short, it would be pretty seriously brief for a prologue. I can understand the desire not to make it too complicated in the beginning, as that will cost you later. But you could make more effort to smell the roses (or burning people). It would help people feel more immersed.

Okay finally… couple of typos. I will paste the lines.
“He was blond, was dressed like FBI or CIA or somethin’. I didn’t see him when we were looking for survivors on the plae is all.”

“I’m not sure… Maybe we just missed him. Let’s get some rest for tonight, and we can assign some jobs tommarrow if we aren’t already saved” replies Louis.

So how is progress coming along?

All right, but I’m not going to update until I finish Day 2

At least within reason (a range, selectable?) could be neat. Can’t be too young (doctor etc). :blush:

I can try to tap on age after I finish the game, but really - it wouldn’t affect the gameplay

True indeed. It would be mere cosmetic, so you have to judge whether it is worth it or not. :relaxed:

I think it is awesome that you put farmer in as a profession . As I’m a farmer in northern texas, West of Wichita Falls.

@Cheyenne_Thomas: I’m glad you like it. I was really debating which professions to put in and wasn’t sure if that one would actually be played.

1 Like

I like it. Need more ‘normal’ folk too, can’t be just soldiers or other ‘made for the end’ characters – it can be more rewarding to grow into that, while also being able to know how to till the soil, or any other ‘mundane’ skill that indeed can prove useful when it comes to long-term survival. :relaxed:

Seeing as someone else has followed suit in making a free island survival game, I guess I’ll call it quits on this one. I’ll focus on my number 2 and post it when I have a good amount done. A shame, I had so many plans

That doesn’t mean you should stop. Yours is amazing and could be better then there’s.

My main drive was that it hadn’t been done yet. I have a side project anyway.

Oh ok sorry about that then. Well I can’t wait for your new project.

Come on now. I was resting in peace.

@Teety12 cmon it’s been 6 months no need to bring It up again.

Awww, and here I thought there was an update. Ah well, thread necromancy ftw. :stuck_out_tongue:

http://www.freestepdodge.com/attachments/thread-necromancy-jpg.1299/

1 Like

Ey hasn’t been 9 months -3- People need to stop hatin’ on Zombieland