Magikiras (Finished) - Beta Testers Needed!

I mean. (I assume you’re talking to me) in the future good chap.

@Lubu343 Ah…I see what you’re going for. No, there aren’t any other natives on the island in that case. The other love interests that I’m planning are future squad-mates. Unless there are other options that people prefer?

Well I would assume that people would like to make use of their shore leave and go into town and what not, might add some world depth and help give the main character some other reason to fight to protect his people other than just plain nationalism and a obsessions with the mechas. The native idea is just on I through out here as it was stated that the island wasn’t fully explored if you want to not have any that’s cool but I would advise against it as it may add some depth and hard choices in the story. But it’s your baby and I will happily go along with whatever you decide to do.

@Lubu343 True that. Shore leave is definitely something I forgot to include in my outline notes. Doh on that part. That part is something that I can work on. Natives aren’t a viable option since the island only existed for less than forty years before the start of the story. Man-made islands that are created by a group of mages pulling up tectonic plates from the bottom of the ocean don’t really allow for natives unless I suddenly decide to add R’lyeh to my story. But the shore leave idea is something I can work in so thanks for that idea.

I love this game. It is easy to see that you put a lot of time into it and it certainly paid off.

I like this game~ Though, it kinda reminds me of an Anime called Break Blade. >_< I can’t wait to read more of this~

@TheOtherAlice Break Blade? Never heard of it. This means a trip to wikipedia and TvTropes!

I don’t actually have any suggestions or anything (I rarely ever do) but I’d just like to say that your story is absolutely enthralling thus far and I can’t wait to read more! :stuck_out_tongue:

It does remind me of break blade even though it just came out

I like this so far, but it definitely needs to be longer.

I like this so far as well, but the MC just seems rather OP at the moment. Will that be changed later or is this the stat building phase of your story?

@God_of_Demonz The live-fire exercise is the stat building phase of the story, which you still lose in the end. After that, it is possible for you to fail if you make the wrong choices or if you specialize wrongly.

And since this is a new page:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/mrj92bsmjeaj95h/Magikiras.html

Thank you for clarifying Grapefruit.

Does Athletics also count as melee? If so, then maybe combat should be replaced with Accuracy for guns.

@God_of_Demonz The first name you type is your first name and the second name you type is your surname. Some characters prefer to use your first name, others will call you by your surname.

@God_of_Demonz For the second question, combat is all forms of combat, not just guns. Athletics refers to your speed, agility, strength and in rare cases that would probably happen only in the future, even physical endurance.

How will you affect the populace and world. Like there is a cargo tanker or whatever out at sea and you’re unit is displaced to take care of it or you and whoever chooses to take care of it. Also I Simbu be dignitaries and what not coming over see you might be task with protecting them and maybe I don’t know getting bald with a gunfight and whatnot maybe with rebels or pirates or maybe air over the nationalist extremist group that still remembers the the way they were treated at the hands of their own nations and speaking of which is it possible for there to be flashback sequences of your family in a house that was take care bye maybe like having some Shoreleave and going back home and having dinner with your family and hearing them talk about where they came from baby help get some background info on you and your folks maybe see how well you are how close you were with them with and any siblings who may or may not be there may or may not have jobs hell you could even fall in with the dignitaries or their family you’re going out with a guard there I don’t know they must be an embassy’s on this island. Sorry I was using the speaker translation on my phone so it may be weird.

@Lubu343 How you affect the world will depend on the choices you make I guess. Or are you asking about what kind of world-changing decisions you will get a chance to make?

“It’s twenty minutes in the future” lol what? :smiley:
Anyway interesting game so far.

this is really epic so far.

@Bloodhawkreaper http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TwentyMinutesIntoTheFuture