Magikiras (Finished) - Beta Testers Needed!

I now feel stupid.
I only tried with the capitalized letters. Lol.
If they were actually on separate lines or there were more caps I think there would be fewer issues.
Not to mention I kept trying places we’d already been as well as ones I made up trying to use the words as an actual riddle.
I think that there needs to be some form of hint.

The problem with putting a hint is how do I do it without making it too obvious. I tried the capitalized version and it looks pretty blatant to me. A friend suggested using dashes in place of the periods and exclamation marks to denote spacing. Anyways suggestions as to what kind of hint to put in or should I leave it as it is and hand out a puzzle reward bonus to those who solved it ingame?

Edit: Re-uploaded with an changed version of the note to provide a vague clue and I changed the formatting of the note a little. Not sure if it will make things easier for people to solve the note.

Is just the letters that are capitalised (FMMCCAW)

@kingokami See two posts above. Or in short, NO.

fangasms OMAGAWSH!!! I’mma playin’ an anime!!! XD

LOVE it, so far! There are a few spelling and grammar errors here and there which are noticeable, but the writing style and content I’ve read so far is just amazing!

twitches and flops around in happiness

Not sure if it’s just me, but it wont let me load saves. apart from that it’s brilliant, few mistakes here and there, but nearly unnoticeable. Good job.

It might be that every so often I add a bunch of new variables to the startup? The old password might not work during this change but then again I’m not too familiar with how the coding works.

Yeah, no, it’s not just you. The password feature doesn’t work for me, either. It’s bugged, somehow.

Now I see what’s wrong: because quicktest or randomtest doesn’t recognize the restore password command, it refuses to run the tests so I always remove the command when I’m writing the game normally. Alright then, this version should have the restore password function up properly.

Sigh After two hours of trying to solve the riddle, I’m getting a break. Even with the tips on this forum I’m still unable to solve it. I just don’t know what I’m looking for. I tried to do the thing with the capitals but all it gets me is a string of letters (and I don’t understand the clue about the order of the capitals either).

On a side note I’ve never been good at solving riddles and I really disliked the Layton games because I couldn’t solve most of it, I just used a guide in the end.

Back to the game,
I do like the new story content though, either Larry is being very friendly or my MC is just very dense xD
Also the save system works fine for me.

The words are in that order for a reason. Not capitalized words. Just the words. Please dont give up on a great game because of a hard part.

1 Like

Relatively minor update but otherwise I’ve almost completed the current Chapter. Give it a test and I’ve decided to toss in another puzzle at the end of this Chapter too. Should be much easier compared to the last one that I’ve made. And a link for those who don’t want to scroll all the way up.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/mrj92bsmjeaj95h/Magikiras.html

2 Likes

Hum. The link doesn’t work for me (typo at the end?). And I haven’t met any new puzzle in the game when using the one in the first post.

Puzzle’s near the end of Chapter 9 in the Zawame Tower. You’ll know it when you see it.

Edit: Oh that’s what you meant, that you couldn’t access Chapter 9 in the first place. Done and fixed.

Edit 2: Sorry. I’m really bad at looking through my own work. @Reaper_General has suggested to add options in Chapter 7 where you can attempt to disable Morgan if s/he’s in a suit. Any good suggestions where I can put those choices?

Still love this game but i have a question. I chose to wear the experimental eijanhar armor (sorry if i spelled that wrong) but i dont think i was actually wearing it during the mission, is it not in the game yet?

@Danny_Garcia Should be in the game. Depends on which route you choose though although I may have to look at the coding. Did you choose to wear your suit into the tower or not?

Edit: Another thing to keep in mind is that a lot of the Einherjar’s suit bonuses are boolean (if I got the term right) checks to see if you pass the test or not. These checks will either end up manifesting as a normal check pass or as whether you have the appropriate upgrade or not. A few other bonuses are invisible bonuses so it’s a little harder to tell. The Strength upgrade that the Einherjar gives also increases your suit’s max durability so that you can take an additional hit without dying and the Magic upgrade keeps count of how many times you use raw magic so that every third use of raw magic, you actually don’t burn health in order to power it. At least, that’s how it looks like in the code as far as I can tell.

Edit again: Found a few bugs and hopefully this will mean that the suit’s name appear properly on the stat sheet. Fixed the issue of your team-mates asking you about being MIA even if you didn’t go MIA during the presidential mission (wrong code was being checked apparently) and another bug was discovered that let you have extra health than was possible.

• Chapter08 line 986: Non-existent variable ‘meeting’

Got the same error after finally having time to think about and figure out the puzzle, but the error stopped me from going further. It’s sad I didn’t get it before this… Oh well. I’m curious to see what happens after getting it!

I’ve tried finding a way to win the training battle, where you fight with Ami and Jax against Morgan, Luis and Karin. Is there any possible way to win?

No. The only thing you get out of that are stat increases and you set your relationship with Morgan.