Magikiras (Finished) - Beta Testers Needed!

I don’t know how done the story is in like how much longer it will be, but I enjoyed it. I did find some spelling errors that I don’t remember where I’ll have to go back through and look. But also I found that when I was protecting the president to begin with I was with Ami and Jax but when we got in the gun fight it turned into the other two people, I forget their names. Near the end it went back to being Ami and Jax though.

will it still get published?? I really like the story.

@Grapefruit Is the story nearing completion or will there still b a lot more chapters to go?

I’m nowhere near completion if that’s what people mean. I’m possibly at the halfway stage at this point although there’s no guarantees as whether I’ll shorten or lengthen the story. As it is right now, I have definitely shortened the game to 1 cour already since my original plan might take too long to actually finish >_> So…maybe I’ll finish this next year? Hopefully?

5 Likes

I love the game so far, however I have one question. Will you be able to betray your team and work with Morgan Or will that not work with the storyline (I’m guessing that he may be affected by the artifact)

1 Like

@Serah No betrayals planned at this point yet. As to why Morgan did what Morgan did…that will be revealed later in the story although for the Fiend section, to join them would mean giving yourself up to them and letting them take over you…so automatic game over since you’re no longer in control of yourself?

1 Like

Noticed a typo:

"Hoi, (name here) he starts and you turn around to look at him. "Watch yourself when you’re heading down there alright?

edit: also, i was wondering who the lis are? i like everyone a lot :slight_smile:

Originally, I think only Morgan was planned as a LI. Then people started making requests for, well, pretty much everyone.
Don’t remember which ones Grape followed through with though

I haven’t added anyone into the romance pool yet besides the three official ones. If I’m adding the others, it’ll be only near the end a la Mass Effect Citadel. It’ll be just like how Shepard hooked up with Javik.: lots of alcohol, awkwardness and regrets in the mix :slight_smile:

3 Likes

"lets you know that the power is really to be discharged at your command. " - really should be ready
“someone say the barrier being formed.” - say should be saw

oh ok
i’m low-key in love with balogh :heart_eyes:
javikmance style stuff tho would be hilarious

idk how to do the spoiler thing but possible spoilers for this demo below the line:
is morgan gonna end up like bucky barnes

1 Like

@RedRoses Which version of Bucky? :slight_smile: 616 Bucky, Ultimate Bucky or movie Bucky? Too many versions to keep track of.

I still don’t get the “it’s twenty minutes in the future” Even though it went from 2014-2050 ;-;

i was thinking movie/616 bucky
i’m not familiar with the ultimate universe

@anon48296871 Twenty minutes in the future is a trope where even if the setting is 100 years ahead, the technology, fashion and look of the setting is remarkably similar to current day’s setting. One hundred years from now, we’re still using tablets but with more diverse functions, etc.

@RedRoses Ultimate Bucky is an old man in the current time line, having lived through WW2 like a normal person unlike the good Captain.

To give myself a fake sense of accomplishment and to keep the writing going, it is now a year of working on this game, at least according to the date of Chapter 1’s date of creation. Am currently approaching 630k words and I’m hoping that I can hit Chapter 10 or 11 by the end of the year. Yes…that’s a decent goal to aim for I think.

Alright, rambling done and over with so now here’s hoping that Spider-Gwen will actually be good.

Edit: And two days after this post, you’re getting a minor update. Every branch moves up one decision path so it’s a short move forward only.

12 Likes

Please tell me you’ll make Edgar romanceable. I honestly love him so much

2 Likes

Plz don’t be an old woman Morgan…

I swear there’s a lot of bear lovers in this forum :slight_smile: Anyways, a slight bit of news. I should be finishing Chapter 7 in about a week or two. Once that is done, I will hope to take a break from the action by writing something that has less branches than this chapter.

6 Likes

@Hell_Satan Thanks for the corrections and the tips. Yeah…first time I tested the save system it worked fine but now it just doesn’t seem to work. I think I’m just going to ignore it for now. As for that particular date, it makes for a good date since most everybody knows the “significance” of that date in terms of writing and trope significance so it makes for a good date rather than some random date in the future, say August 31 2020 which is just some date in the future.

I’ll stick with droll though. The meaning is conveyed better with that word than with amusingly or whimsically. Thanks for the suggestions by the way.