Lux: City of Secrets - Book 3 of The Evertree Saga by Thom Baylay

Ha, I literally JUST missed the beta. How unfortunate. This always tends to happen to me. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I’ve tried all that and still can’t make it back in time. I’m also curious what you did differently.

3 Likes

Hmm, how did your MC deal with the dryad back at Evertree? I remember the forest guiding my MC who made peace with the dryad, but my other MCs who killed the dryad/didn’t go to Evertree had to use the pocketknife to go through on time. Maybe that affects it?

I also remember not stopping at the tavern in Dree, but other than that I don’t know what I could’ve done differently :man_shrugging: Maybe someone else can help a bit more.

2 Likes

To make it back on time:-

Purchase

Climbing gear

Anti Venom

Marbles

Then do not go into tavern or temple when you are with Oriana or Winter respectively.

Save that villager

Play with marbles with the nixie in the woods.Do not use magic to free winter out of spell.

Use climbing gears.

@riverleafing

Purchase rations for your pony and yourself.

Do not have a conversation with Oriana after completing the mission.

Correctly identify the identity of the long arm orc.
Answer:-Himo Naiilo

Do not take mana from the magic weapons in orc camp.

Purchasing the book have nothing to do with time

7 Likes

My main MC made peace between dryad & Duprees. I also tried skipping the tavern and everything I could skip, ensuring I had all & exactly the possible items–even with second wind–I would need to get quickly through the forest & quickly to Lady Anya. But everytime, even speeding through things, I couldn’t seem to get to D in time.:woman_shrugging: so I don’t know what I select that is something too much to keep me from returning in time. Except to leave O at the herbalist, & just not go into the waste/forest at all.

3 Likes

I’ve done exactly this. Even not bothering with the snake bite victim. So there’s something different in choice that I’m selecting that ruins it all.

Maybe not bothering buying the book to identify the stuff on the outside of the herbalist house? (I know it’s not necessary after all.) But that seems so minor. Maybe something I do/say to the Nixie is not the fastest option? Or I don’t handle the long-armed orc situation quickly enough?

@Maximus_Fireborn I’ve done all that you’ve added. Still not back in time.

See, I can get the message that I gotta leave now to meet D:

Summary

But even leaving immediately, I just go home?!

Summary

I don’t get it.

3 Likes

I managed to squeeze in a second play-through, with my mage-scholar character. Did everything differently. Blew off Imperion and the old man, and managed to do a fair amount of investigating and even do something for her career. Alas, I didn’t manage to unlock the cucumber-man’s achievement. Also, kind of impressed that Ruby was somehow more aloof than Orion, even though my poor provincial brownie threw everything she had into flirting.

3 Likes

From the achievement screen: The Cucumber Contraption: Chapter 2 or 3, Morning or Afternoon (5 points)

2 Likes

It might be because you have to pick the first option (I don’t have time to talk) instead of the last one?

3 Likes

I got the impression that Ruby’s doing everything she can to avoid romance. Like, the reason she gave was because of age differences, but I kinda feel the main factor because she’s still grieving for her past partner. Her part during the destiny clay’s foretelling is what makes me think that, anyway.

I deleted the code so I can’t check now, but I kinda remember getting that through delaying the contraption’s explosion and having the experiment be a partial success. I think you need a high will and spellcasting to even do so?

2 Likes

See, I guess I didn’t get that scene. I definitely remember her big monologue from Sordwin, so I could guess why she was holding back.

Fairly sure that I hid in the wrong place and that’s (part of) why I didn’t get the achievement. As for the duelists’ guild achievement, I’ll want to do that one totally differently, when the game officially comes out.

2 Likes

You are doing everything absolutely correct.

You need to pick the first option during conversation with Oriana:-

I don’t have time to talk to Oriana,I have something else to do.

6 Likes

:expressionless:… you have no idea how many different things I tried.

I hate that the difference between saying “bye” and straight up leaving changes everything.

Thank you

7 Likes

There was some code missing here which I have corrected for the final game. Hopefully this will prevent saying “okay bye” from taking all evening :stuck_out_tongue:

28 Likes

Splash screen just came back from the illustrator and I’m so happy :smiley: Perfectly captures the change in tone for this book vs the previous two. Will share once the story has been submitted (early next week :crossed_fingers:)

38 Likes

I just got to chapter 2 and all I have to say is “wow amazing”.

6 Likes

I have 2 questions 1 will we ever explore the forest (forgot what its called)2 will there ever be any monsters like dragons or werewolfs (I haven’t read lux yet so I aploligize if these questions are answered in lux)

3 Likes

I think both things occur when our MC goes to save Lady Imperion.

There was a Dragon like animal in the hill path.

And you can visit the forest in the nixie path.

3 Likes

Thanks

3 Likes

You can read about lots of different monsters in the Monstrology book. Pretty sure it mentions both dragons and werewolves .

5 Likes