Lux: City of Secrets - Book 3 of The Evertree Saga by Thom Baylay

Tobin Brushgather return??? :pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:

2 Likes

Add Gunther to the mix and that’s me too!

2 Likes

I want everything in this worldbuild! :earth_africa: As with every good fantasy book, I’d nerdily study the map & imagine the experiences. “Feeling” the citylife of Lux as it compares to livelihood elsewhere… I’ll run through how each RO responds to it all, new challenges, meeting all new characters (like Lady Imperion), & learning much more of familiar ones.

And, of course, for my fave MC’s dragon-ride :roller_coaster:relationship: Daisy Daisy Daisy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: never enough of her

2 Likes

I can’t wait to see my baby Orion again ;-;

4 Likes

Definitely following this thread! I’m absolutely enchanted by the series.

I wouldn’t expect it in the first chapter, but I’m not sure how long I’ll last without finally having a little hanky-panky with Orion!

Honestly, I just can’t wait to get a little feel of book three, no matter what it holds! I can’t wait to see what everyone’s been up to: Dandy, Orion, Winter, all of my boys.

5 Likes

Other than the obvious ones, I can’t wait to see our pony again! :smiley:

2 Likes

If it happens that early then meeting the new RO.

3 Likes

I don’t know what to look forward in the first chapter specifically(besides the new RO) but I am hoping for the chance to get revenge on Winter at some point. Also to know the extent of Lord Imperion’s interest/obsession with the PC.

2 Likes

A conversation with Lord Imperion would be nice!

2 Likes

In all honesty, I’ve been without Leah for too long. Definitely looking forward to getting to see more of her.

6 Likes

Agree, she’s my favourite RO too!

5 Likes

My chibi-fied images of Lord Imperion & his f!bodyguard, Oriana

8 Likes

chibi Gunther Ga’arl ?20190818_220747

8 Likes

Just finished both books and they are nothing short of awesome. Anyone knows how to sign up for testing the demo on the book 3?

On a side note, daisy is the best RO and she’s so similar to my girlfriend with snark and sarcasm for days! Hopefully book 3 expands on her past and gives my MC and her a happy happy ending :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I started this series a few days ago and I’m absolutely hooked! The idea of exploring a huge new city with an even bigger cast of characters is so exciting. I actually bought the book in Sordwin’s bookstore about the different towns/places and it seems like there’s a lot to learn about this world.

Also, here’s a random picture of my MC.

20 Likes

Totally agree. The world is so fleshed out compared to the other Choice of Games/Hosted Games. Kudos to the author who made such an engaging and immersive world to explore.

Here’s hoping we get to explore our hometown during the epilogue. Looking forward to have our MC’s last family member approve or disapprove (I’m looking at you Daisy/Dandy) of our choice of RO.

Side note: That’s an amazing drawing. I wish I could draw :innocent:

6 Likes

I’m glad I’m not the only one who’s thought about that! I’d love to see how all of MC’s friends & family member react to and judge the ROs. If not in this book (actually, probably not in this book), then I’m sure we’ll see MC’s hometown later on.

Incredible picture! I love your style. I’ve been trying to draw Dandy for a few days now so that I can draw a few comic strips I’ve had in mind & illustrate a few of my favorite scenes, but I can’t seem to put a face to him😕 I’ve got quite a few faces/ideas sketched out, but none of them feel quite right. I’m planning on playing the books out again and seeing if I can get any fresh inspiration. I’ll probably do that today.

6 Likes

Yeah, me too! im also looking forward to the meeting of family members (particularly with Daisy/Dandy)…ideally after a bit deeper in the relationship. I’ve already chibified my MCs sister (headcanoned as “Honeysuckle”), and D’s “overbearing father”, “underbearing mother”, and the kind enough grandmother who passed away. haha. I might be obsessed. :sweat_smile: (but to be fair, I play D&D with detailed characters, and write fanfic so…)

just realized I didn’t chibify D’s siblings :astonished: I’ll hafta get on that

2 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

1 Like

Totally agree! I wanna meet D’s siblings who apparently would sell her/him off if they could get away with it. You know, standard sibling stuff. :sweat_smile: oh the drama :joy:

Reminds me of a fanfic I wrote on bumping Daisy’s sibling in Lux.

Summary

The guards continue to give chase down the alley, safely away from both you and Daisy. A heavy sigh of relief escapes your lips as you turn to her, “Well that could have gone better”.

Daisy gives no response as you see her attention transfixed by something else.

You follow her gaze and find yourself staring at an attractive half-elf, with long luxurious hair, her jet black strands hang by the side of her beautiful face, emphasing her high checkbones. Her supple skin shining free from any imperfections. She is dressed in a long, silver gown that perfectly contours the curves of her tall, slender body.

You would never admit it to Daisy, but she looks almost better than your lover herself.

“Fancy seeing you here. You know you have me to thank for sending the guards in the wrong direction. I mean, I wouldn’t want anything to happen to you, would I?”, the attractive lady snarks. Her grin widens as her bright blue eyes stare condescendingly into Daisy’s, baiting her. “Maybe we can have dinner like old times. That is, if the both of you are staying in this city long enough.”

“Don’t count on it”, Daisy snaps, her blue eyes boring into the stranger’s with contempt.

You’re surprised. You’ve never known Daisy to act so nonchalantly towards an attractive person before, much less someone who looks like this!

“Pity. How’s my favourite school drop out?”, she replies, never breaking her condescending gaze. “Last I heard, you were running with the big circles. I must have heard wrong”, she remarks with an arrogant smirk.

“I had a change of plans”, Daisy snaps as her eyes turn cold. You feel her grip on your arm tighten as she ushers you past the stranger.

“You know, Lux is a big city. If you’re not careful, you might just lose what you came here with.” The half-elf warns, in a unconcerned tone that almost seems threatening.

“Thanks for the tip”, Daisy says and without turning around she quickens her stride almost dragging you along.

You struggle to keep pace and only when out of earshot do you ask, “Who was that?”

“That was Dandelion”, she replies. Her body language tells you she is hesitant to talk about it.

You press the topic further, “she seemed to know you from mage school. Was she in your class?”

“Dandelion Thorne”, your half-elf adds. “She’s my sister”.

3 Likes