Love♡Verse (submitted!)

In a world where everybody can feel where their soulmate is, you are a lone Parisian barista who does not share such a feeling. However, everything changes when several people suddenly appear in your life, claiming to be your soulmates…
https://dashingdon.com/play/rkhafizov/love-verse/mygame/

Love♡Verse is a purely romance-focused game with a highly customizable MC, four romanceable characters whose genders are chosen by the player, and five fully-playable chapters.

The word count is 270,000 words without code and 340,000 words overall.

Hope you like it! :slight_smile:

Update Log

24 07 2022 - The first chapter was released and the game’s word count was 15,000 words without code.

14 08 2022 - The second chapter was released, bumping the game’s word count to 50,000 words without code.

11 09 2022 - The third chapter was released. The project’s word count reached 110,000 words without code.

30 10 2022 - The fourth chapter was added and the game’s word count sat at 160,000 words without code.

14 02 2023 - The fifth and final chapter was added as well as some additions to previous chapters, bringing the game to 270,000 words without code.

11 03 2023 - The game has been submitted for publication! :slight_smile:

690 Likes

DecimalFamousAffenpinscher-max-1mb

144 Likes

That was a really fun read. I’m a sucker for romance stories so I’m definitely looking forward to future updates.

24 Likes

Thank you! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh this was so cute!! I love the concept. I’m a sucker for romance and this just sounds fun. The demo was really enjoyable. There was only one gender hiccup fr me.

I look forward to seeing where this goes!

Thank you :heart:

4 Likes

My bad, thanks for reporting it! :sweat_smile:

Thank you very much and a happy birthday to you! :blush:

1 Like

When we choose our skin it says fare skin it should be fair skin.
That aside it’s a great game.

3 Likes

Ah, good point! :sweat_smile:
Glad you liked the game! :smiley:

2 Likes

i have a feeling this game is gonna be hilarious :joy:. but so far i like it.

16 Likes

That’s the plan :blush:

11 Likes

Why can we customize the appearance and name of one of the characters?

1 Like

To make them more attractive to the player.
Why do they need to be more attractive to the player than the others? That’s a secret :smiling_imp:

27 Likes

“You don’t feel the Urge…”

MC is canonically aroace. Fin.

Jokes aside… here’s to another valuable contribution to the market for relaxing games that won’t cause anybody heart palpitations! Right? Right???

23 Likes

Mostly right, although there will likely be at least one or two dark moments, especially near the end :sweat_smile:

13 Likes

@Radiantbliss Happy cake day! :gift:

I tend to like “you’re a null” setups (see: Mind Blind), let’s see this one!

Spoilers within

“wander”, not “wonder”

That first option either has one period too many or one period too few (to make it an ellipsis).

I wonder if our null is gonna end up being a vector thing: it’s not that the MC doesn’t have the Urge, but they have more than one soulmate so the pulls cancel each other out. :thinking: (apropos of nothing, my current highest stat is Rationality)

Is that “togetha” accent or typo?

so if you are up to a questionable meeting with a complete stranger

You held on too tight! (to the shift key, and ended up capitalising the “i” in “kinda”.

HOT CHOCOLATE! IT EXISTS IN THIS GAME! I’M NOT FORCED TO POISON MYSELF WITH COFFEE!!! 15/10, would drink again.

“from the other side of the table”

Missing one period to make an ellipsis in the penultimate sentence.

Oooof, T got dumped because their partner got the Urge towards someone else, didn’t they?

Place your bets, boys, girls, and enbies, place your bets! Cubus or love deity?

Five, you thick dumbass, five.

This is going to be an immense chaos. :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

5 Likes

Why did I find it funny? xDDDDDDDD
ddd

30 Likes

Julian: passed out on the floor

MC, Léonie:

64 Likes

It’s funny cos it’s true!

7 Likes

So many fun WIPs coming out recently!!. Loved reading this, wondering how many people have the urge towards MC and how long have they been keeping it a secret from us

Edit: Read the masterpost, so all the ROs are introduced. So one is hiding their feelings

13 Likes

Currently fascinated by Noël, Léonie, and Tris in equal measure. This whole concept is adorable - coincidentally, I’ve just recently been wondering what one of those mid-2010s Tumblr Soulmate AU posts would look like IRL. You’ve hit the nail on the head.

5 Likes