Love Interests in Choice of Games or Hosted Games

Good to know. Glad you enjoy it as much as I did :smile:

On the topic, I just finish The Eagle’s Heir and Alexander and Eugene are lovely.

1 Like

x “Bad boy” Carl from Psy High - he wants to seem like a tough guy so bad, but really he’s a softie :fire::fire: (kinda bummed you couldn’t romance Mackenzie tho, I would have loved a love-hate relationship with her).
x Victor from Unnatural - The truest definition of a bad boy if ever there was one. I just love him. He’s cold, mysterious and
he passionately hates monsters, but still loves MC even after finding out that they are in fact a “monster” themself.
x Tom from Zombie Exodus - he broke my heart :sob::broken_heart: still I tremendously enjoyed the plot-twist. I love bittersweet endings.

x Tommy from Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven - I’m on the Tommy-train. He’s an angel and I just want to protect him from everything evil <3
x Calypso and Aeson from Children of the Gods - both are hella charming. She’s a darling and it’s almost like fate brought Aeson and MC together (:wink:)
x Ricky from Model Citizens: Unmasked - he’s just so moody and sarcastic, and I adore the love-hate relationship between him and MC (apparently I’m into that kinda thing :nerd_face:)

10 Likes

I’d have to say Ortega from Fallen Hero: Rebirth. It’s so well written and compelling in my opinion. I could go on for some time about everything I love about that game but I won’t. Yet…

14 Likes

Morgan from Wayhaven chronicles

3 Likes

Victor would approve of that description.

2 Likes

My favorite of all time is Andrew from Psy High. I would give anything for a sweet, shy, best-friends-to-lovers guy like that IRL :sob: I’m super into shy, sweetheart, kinda feminine guys and he is just perfect. His confession was so adorable and their interactions were so wholesome, especially because I played kind of a punk, spunky, badass girl you’d probably expect to be more into Carl. I was sad he went to a different college than my character in the ending but I’m going to assume they continue their relationship anyways and end up hella married.

The robot companion in Choice of Robots was my first and definitely one of my favorite love interests in CoGs. If I get a chance to romance a robot, I romance the damn robot.

Mob from Community College Hero is another honorable mention. Also a shy sweetheart kinda guy. And a nerd. Love it. Though I always feel like I have to have my character contain her violent urges just so that she doesn’t disappoint her pacifist bf, lol.

And I just recently played Rent A Vice and actually rather liked the nameable ex-husband/wife as long as they aren’t taking custody of my child while I’m in the hospital cause I was late on one effing child support payment since I was too busy being kidnapped by the big bad… like sorry dude I’ve been perfectly nice to you the entire game and I’m currently trying not to get a face full of murder but I guess your $200 can’t wait my fuckin b. On second thought, maybe what I really like about them is just that you can name them, like you can with the robot. Just let me act out my fictional crushes in peace.

8 Likes

Welcome to the community, @kittyprice. :slight_smile: I quite liked Andrew from Psy High too. (Well, yes, I did a female playthrough.) The feels there are very wistful- with highschool being so far past and having missed any possible opportunity of building a long friend-to-romance like that, alas. Things change after school ends. :\ Also, somehow the robot ended up being my romance in Choice of Robots, too, though I wasn’t actually trying.

Y’know… does a main character count as a romance? Because thinking about it, Guen from Guenevere, though I suppose it’s still a WIP rather than a full game… can be quite likeable played some ways. Or, not… but can be.

4 Likes

Uh, I don’t think she counts as love interest. Maybe there is a thread about our favorite MCs? She’d be a better fit there. :thinking:

Anyway welcome @kittyprice, nice to see another fan of Allison/Andrew. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

As the original creator of the thread I’d say its fine as some people do indeed love themselves so cant see why the same wouldn’t apply to MCs lol

3 Likes

Indeed, I saw a guardian story (didn’t read it) with a headline explaining it’s possible to be sexually attracted to yourself…No updates from me, haven’t been playing COGS too much recently, and the last one I read, the grim and I, well I don’t think there’s a love interest in that is there? I know there’s a thread for npcs you wish could be LIs (not sure if it’s dead or not though) . But if the grim reaper could be a RO, they’d be a new addition for me. I liked their personality and the fact they genuinely seemed to care for us, I made mine look like Saoirse Ronan btw :stuck_out_tongue: .

1 Like

Favorite Love interest aye? Well, I’m holding out for Jun is SoH, because I just love me a good pyscho. Strangely enough the one I remember the most is Preston from Tin Star. He’s a greedy bastard who loves money above all else, but when you read his story based stats as his romantic partner it says “He loves you more than the very thought of money.” Idk what it is, but that always makes me feel so happy and giddy. It’s not super mushy or like deep, but that sentence speaks volumes to me. Maybe I’m crazy. Then I also really like Lord Dusk from Superlatives. Sweet damaged boy.

I’m adding more.

Jury is my baby <3 Idc if I had to wait 3 books.
The Courting of Miss Bennet is wonderful and I just ADORE, Mr. Darcy. God I love a man who is grumpy and broody.

Woody from Zombie Exodus is a sweetie Pie.

Honestly give me a man 10 years my senior, who is tall, dark, and mysterious, and I’ll love them. I have, well, a type. Or evil. Evil is good. Evil is 10/10. Romance the villain.

Hedonist wait for me my love. One day we will be together <3

Also can we like talk about Dr. Murphy. I know he is a murderous vampire but, daddy, please drink my blood. >w<

Ahem.

12 Likes

@Cari-san and @Nocturnal_Stillness I was thinking more in terms of ‘a character in a story in a romance’ than ‘a character the MC is able to romance’. Or, ‘a romanceable character’. Which makes me think MCs would count, in which case I’d also count the MC of Rewind, who I’d romance m’self if I could. XD

1 Like

I really like games which has a strong RO (mostly female) who will stop at nothing to protect the mc. So is there any game that has what I am looking for?
The games in which I have found this feature are:-
Wayhaven chronicles
Fallen hero
Choice of romance
Choice of deathless (kinda)

FWIW, So, You’re Possessed! has a BFF Named Sidney (that can become a romance) who is a strong personality and very protective of the MC. Their in-game gender is determined by the player’s sexuality.

It is light on the romance I’ll admit (and may be too light for you), but if you want a protective RO there is the potential for one in my new game Oedipus the Sphinx if you go down the Egypt storylines.

2 Likes

There are also Carrie in Tin Star
Evelyn and madison / maria in Slammed !
And Keimia in Silverworld

1 Like

Yeah I have played Tin Star and Slammed. Carrie definitely fits in that category. I guess I need to check out silverworld.

1 Like

In silverworld , the romance of keimia is tricky… she will only show her love in the end…

In slammed! Yeah, Evelyn sacrifice as a pop star touch me too :slight_smile:

From Choice of Broadsides, Villeneuve! While I haven’t played as many CoGs and Hosted Games as others on this thread, Villeneuve is my favorite. They feel very developed as a character, like I’d know walking down the street, and the PC spends a good chunk of the game getting to know them.

I agree with @Ghostfriendly and @FairyGodfeather: I deeply desired a happier ending for Ville and MC! Period-typical homophobia aside, queer couples certainly existed during the Napoleonic War and figured out how to live together. Before I looked online and found there was none, I played the game over and over again to try to find the happy Ville & MC ending. I thought it was like the mutiny section, where if I made very precise choices, Ville would live with MC post-war in Albion or vice versa. Alas, nope.

7 Likes

Wren in Weyrwood, Finch in A Study in Steampunk, Lord Dusk in the Superlatives, and M in Wayhaven. I think I might have a type… You know, those mysterious/unorthodox people.
I also fall for Control in Silverworld, and the AI in I, Cyborg. I wish there are more AI/robots LI in the future as well. (I absolutely fall for C/Fe, to tell you the truth ;P)

6 Likes