Lost in your eyes (WIP) [3 Ch, 210K words] [Vampires/Romance/Dark Fantasy, supernatural]

What do you mean specifically that other books haven’t done but wayhaven did?

Yeah this is nice haha, I think very very few games have done poly routes and none to my knowledge have done Harem routes. The closest thing is Fallen Hero 2

3 Likes

What do you mean specifically that other books haven’t done but wayhaven did?

Oh I meant being stat heavy on just the characters alone, not a lot of books have done that I think.

Yeah this is nice haha, I think very very few games have done poly routes and none to my knowledge have done Harem routes. The closest thing is Fallen Hero 2

I think it’s because it’s extremely hard to manage since you’d be writing 8 or 9 different paths for just four characters each with it’s own unique scene so it doesn’t look repetitive. Plus I want to make sure that replay value is taken into account so not only is that really time consuming, it’s makes the goal harder to reach. That’s just my 2 cents though

5 Likes

Oh yeah thats true, Fallen Hero 2 took 5 years and each Wayhaven game takes 3 years to make so it must be a lot of coding involved.

That is so true, thankfully a lot of modern COG/IF games have changed this and made it more “story” like instead of “game” like. This is definitely after 2016 where both FH and Wayhaven got released and the romance/superhero/fantasy genres got a big boost.

What are your inspirations for your story? It really feels unique despite being a supernatural vamp story.

2 Likes

What are your inspirations for your story? It really feels unique despite being a supernatural vamp story.

Lmfao, well, this is a bit embarrassing to admit, but I was watching “Twilight” and my brain went “Wow, sparkling vampires. Wouldn’t it be funny if there was a IF book if you played as a sparkling vampire?” And then next day I had a dream similar to it, but there was a femboy in the dream.

I woke up, and said “Okay, you know what? I’m gonna write it.” I kept writing on the book for like 3 or 4 months, trying to perfect it, and once I reached about 10K words, I decided to make the book more serious since it was just something filled with over used memes. So I scrapped that idea and deleted 10K words, and decided I’d at least want to make people enjoy something that I created. Once I reached 70K, I made it public.

So in a sense, you can say that it started out from twilight, to a dream and ended up being something that I wanted to write with passion because I wanted to make sure people enjoyed it a little.

10 Likes

@9GAG: What are your inspirations for your story? It really feels unique despite being a supernatural vamp story.

I may have hit my head when I typed that answer because some of it is true but not all of it lol, apparently this idea was from a friend of mine who’s writing his own novel, but it’s nothing like this book. I looked at his idea which was about how the church were fighting off supernatural creatures and killing them off, and immediately thought of how a bad guy is always a victim who’s story isn’t told. I may have watched Twilight after that, and thought, “What if it was vampires who were the ones about to be snuffed out?” After that, it was what I said above, had a dream, made it funny, scrapped that idea, and wrote something that had more meaning.

Lol I like how it’s monday but also the first of the month, So let’s get to what was accomplished this week!

About 7K words were written this week in the main book, which brings us closer to saving Marcus/Melissa.

A lot of grammer mistake were fixed. There was an instance in the part 2 of the 2nd chapter where the character never has a lunch with Marcus/Melissa, and I added a scene there which is about 800-900 words

2K words were written in the short book which ends the scene of first part. I was wrong to think the book won’t cross 20K words.

More arts for my 2nd book were created!

There were a few mistakes with They/Them pronouns not being used correctly as pointed out by @quartz (Thanks again! <3) Which were fixed (Sorry again >.<)

That’s pretty much it! I’ll be releasing the public version of the book in a few hours! Thanks for sticking so far you guys! But before we depart, I do have to ask a question. At what point of the book did you think “Ah, now the real story has started”? Remember that two lucky members who comment on this forum will be able to read the current Patreon story which features Lucas!

17 Likes

Oh wow thanks for the clarification. I can’t wait to meet the rest of the ROs and other characters.

As for villains wise is a main villain going to be introduced later in the story?

1 Like

Well, not at least until the end or in the middle of the fourth chapter, the church is, for now the main villain since they’re trying to commit mass genocide, but who their leader is, will be revealed in the 4th chapter

Sometimes I read a WIP out of pure curiosity despite it not really being my wheelhouse and end up being surprised. This was one. I ended up enjoying it a lot and will be following as it progresses.

1 Like

I like the story, especially that suspicious business between Marcus and the headmister. I love Marcus and the fact that Alex still haunts MC’s memories! What kind of ruined the story for me is that when my MC treated Marcus like dirt, the story didn’t changed that much (they still went shopping together and all that). I was confused why would Marcus picked up the ball when they were playing football, but then i remembered that rugby exists. :smile: Also, chill out, Michael, MLP are cute and there’s no shame in liking them! :unicorn:

2 Likes

Honestly speaking, I love the fact that its going to be more a stand alone book. I really dislike it when authors make a prologue book where none of your choices really matter and its just to set up the 2nd book.

3 Likes
5 Likes
reply to @Dej

Thank you! I’m glad that you enjoyed it! ^-^ There will be a few things that I do want to add that may put the book in the NSFW sections but I’ll make sure to give the reader a warning if they enjoy it or not!

reply to @M_K1

Haha, thanks! More of it will be explored in the 4th or 5th chapter about the relationship between Marcus and the Vigil. As for the Typos, those are slowly being resolved. English isn’t my first language and Grammerly doesn’t work in Choice-script IDE, but a friend of mine taught me a trick which just lags my pc and causes sudden death lmao, but yes! I’m working on it! sorry for those and I really REALLY appreciate the kind words! <3

reply to @Uchiha_sasuke

Oh, sorry about that lol, I was trying to add in how Vale/Vivian wanted to ask the MC if they were into Milfs/Dilfs or gender neutral term for Dilfs, but then they mixed up the sentence and said that to make them seem more chaotic person who stumbles on their own words lol, but I forgot what a gender neutral term would be for Dilfs and forgot about that XD

Thanks for all the kind words you guys! I really appreciate it! :heart:

4 Likes

Some games this is the best choice especially one like this. The next book tends to forget what happened apart from the main plot such how the mc did something, time spent with others and side quests

1 Like

Depends, most people don’t care about the level of choices that you have but rather the quality of the story and the writing. Thats why the 2 biggest HG games are TWC and FH and they’re both kind of linear games

1 Like

I like those games as well, what I mean by prologue books are books like the golden rose or the fernweh saga

4 Likes

Hmm I see, well A Mage Reborn 1 was a great prologue book although I’m not as impressed with the 2nd book which is a WIP but the first is fantastic.

Fernweh was umm yeah a prologue story which I didn’t care for that much, very boring. Kinda predicted it wouldn’t be as big but I got a lot of hate for saying that. Haven’t played Golden Rose so I can’t comment.

I will say that not all prologue books are bad it depends right, FH had a great prologue book 1 while TWC I’d argue the prologue book was better than the sequels. It all depends on the story and author as in my opinion stories are much better as a series as you can flesh out the world building and characters. Every case is different.

Also Lost in Your Eyes is a very new early WIP so let’s see how it goes, its just 3 chapters but pretty exciting, I’ve read WIPs that are 10 chapters long and the pacing is so bad that nothing much happens haha, I personally hope Lost in Your Eyes becomes a trilogy at least.

4 Likes

Is it just me or did something happen with the saves? It says there are some plugin errors (bad slot)…

1 Like

Blaine make me act unwise

8 Likes

I have the same problem.

1 Like

Same, but i would never had the guts to write whole story in english. Good luck!

2 Likes