Lost in your eyes (WIP) [3 Ch, 210K words] [Vampires/Romance/Dark Fantasy, supernatural]

Welp, the weekly update was supposed to happen on Monday But thought I’d do it early. So! Let’s get into what I was able to achieve this week!

• It was a bit hectic, but I did my best. I managed to hit my goal of adding almost 88K words to the book, even though I was hoping to add even more.
  • I’m making good progress on the short story with Marcus and Melissa. It’s about 5K words in and about 40% done. You’ll see a lot of cute, flirty moments, and there will be an option for you to choose between just exploring the world or doing it while Marcus or Melissa is trying to steal your attention!
  • I added the option for your character to be trans. You won’t see anyone reacting to it yet, but just be prepared for some transphobia and discrimination as your character starts to go into the church.
  • I did a lot of rewriting, and also finished the short story about the soccer scene. You’ll have the option to skip it if you want, but keep in mind that it will affect the story later on. I might make a poll to see if I should add an option to put in a choice where you can just choose what you did instead of reading through the story.
  • I’m working on adding neopronouns and they/them pronouns since some of my readers are non-binary. (Btw, Thanks again for sticking with me you guys despite me writing it wrong! I’m really sorry if I made a mistake. Your feedback would allow me to help improve the book for you all!)

All in all, I wrote about 7-8K words this week, which may seem a lot, but I want you guys to remember that a lot of these were rewrites. I was thinking of making the short story a part of the 2nd chapter but since it’s already reaching 2.2K lines so I’m not too keen on that idea. I’m always looking to improve the story and make it the best it can be, so the extra effort is worth it.

Goals for the next week

• Introduce Valentine.
  • Unveil Marcus/Melissa’s history
  • A lot of chaotic moments.

For now, See you all on Monday! (Of the next week lol)

24 Likes