Lords of Aswick - Out Now!

Is that the branch where we assume our twin brother’s identity and become the Earl of Aswickdale?

1 Like

Uh, there might be a slight small problem with that.

1 Like

We are no longer the twin of the 5th Earl?

1 Like

Oh you will be, no worries of that.

2 Likes

The MC is not identical twin, instead he is fraternal?

1 Like

Still an identical twin.

Just not a he.

6 Likes

The MC is gender locked to female?

2 Likes

At the moment yes, and it’s working very well for the story so I’m not likely to change it. Of course final decision will be made after the demo comes out and I get full-on feedback about it.

I’m also considering that gender choice in the final two titles will be based on what kind of example this MC lays for future generations.

9 Likes

Very well, it is your decision.
While I will not play the sequel, I wish you luck with it.

4 Likes

I’m very interested in the sequel and interested to hear what you mean by:

It sounds like an interesting twist to the possible plot-line.

4 Likes

@Goshman
If you are a female twin, why are you sent to the clergy?
You could be married to another noble (or if you have older sisters, you could marry for love since they married for alliances). Do your parents not have enough to support you and your prospects as well as your sibling(s)'s?
Other than that, I’m excited about the sequel. Looking forward to it!

2 Likes

I’m excited about this! Neat design choice. It seems like it will balance the series quite beautifully, and I am definitely looking forward to playing a historical fiction game that’s gender-locked to female.

Also excited about the church politicking aspect; could end up being very cathartic…

7 Likes

If the only gender is female then the deadliest lady she will be

4 Likes

As I have previously stated I was initially thinking of making the MC a free choice, with the basis that whichever gender that choice would be, it would result in a tasking off to the clergy. I’d be lying if the recent discussions about gender-locked titles had not influenced me to revisit the idea of gender-locking this one as well with the exception of flipping it around. If it loses me readers, then so be it. Everyone has a choice on that and I will strive to implement an import system in the third title which will allow for someone to skip Voice of God if they choose to, whether that is due to gender choice or focus on religion, or whatever else may become a deal-breaker for anyone’s enjoyment. Just like I don’t expect anyone to have read the first title necessarily, but wish they will after reading through this one even if just to get the full picture.

As for what I mean regarding this title governing future gender choice in titles, I think the most straightforward thing is to measure and abstract how many societal barriers the MC breaks along the way. Obviously there will be a recap method and alternative means to unlock gender choice for those who decide not to read Voice of God, but for those fine folks who do go through and enjoy the title it will be an extra little nugget of enjoyment to see the society change around the actions or inactions of the MC lineage, as has always been my goal with this series.
As to how the choices, consequences, and measured events will manifest themselves, I have no clear idea yet.

The wealth of the family is part of the reasoning if you end up with a relatively poor Aswicdale, making the decision that much clearer and far more necessary. However the majority of the reasoning is as simple as an unfulfilled family duty towards the Holy Mother Church.

12 Likes

We are the sister or (possible) brother of the 5th Earl of Aswick do we get to know what the 3 generations we didn’t get to play through did to the Earldom or even decide what they did based on how you ran it in the first game

1 Like

The generations in between have followed in the footsteps of the first Earl of Aswicdale. If the MC of the first title was a truly great Earl for the realm and a power player, then they have found it hard to fill those shoes. There will be some mention and view into just how the previous generations have acted in between, but most of the focus will be away from Aswick itself for a good section of the story.

Book three will be a little more remote as well, although will have major repercussions in it depending on how much influence and money the realm can throw at the MC there.
Book four will be very closely tied with the wealth of Aswicdale because at that point the MC will really want and need to wield the full might of the Earldom in order to succeed 'lest the whole line come to a sudden end.

8 Likes

Cool I am hoping that Aswick became a full blown city because of the industry and farmland not to mention the iron mines

That makes sense.
Before, I was wondering how the MC’s family would run out of money if Aswick is thriving and prosperous at the end of the first game.

1 Like

@Goshman Depending on our wealth / power can we get in the second or third book to be duke?

2 Likes

Please do that, I would like to play the third title if the MC can be male, but I wouldn’t if I can’t have my Aswicdale.

2 Likes