Lordirish Presents the 5th Annual CScomp

Towards end of the month I’ll be sending that information out.

4 Likes

On my side I’m doing the boring stuff and wondering how I’m going to code this thing.

Also, can I ask how old are the judges? I only want to know if any of you are 18 or younger, so I can have a guess at of how wild I can get (or tame, if we have kiddies).

6 Likes

I think we are all adults.

2 Likes

It’s better to be safe than sorry.

1 Like

It’s a bit slow going, but I’m about done with the prologue! It’s gotten… a bit… uhhh, but I’m having fun with it!

About 3k words, I think? Y’all are faster than me.

7 Likes

Thanks for the advice/tip. However, I think this kind of plot is a bit too… stereotypical for the contest. :wink:
Maybe someone who has more experience with spy stories could use it. I am just not a fan of James Bond movies. The only spy movie I enjoyed was Kingsman. :sweat_smile:

But don’t worry I think I found my way to work with Masquerade and Merriment. Just finished my brainstorming and tomorrow I will start with the prolog. I hope I will catch up to the ones that are already at a nice pace and I wish every contestant the best of luck. :grin:

8 Likes

As of right now? I have about 7100, but I doubt I’ll be able to keep pace since work is picking up once more.

So I’m hoping to cram in as much writing time as I can before the inevitable downpour that I see slowly gathering on the horizon. Either way, I’ve reorganized my schedule in preparation for that!

8 Likes

Old enough to buy beer in the US (and then some).

And I do not mind risque drama.

At all the authors, such a dilligent bunch! I wonder how many will break their last year word count? XD.

7 Likes

I want remember that World count is not the goal guys gals Mx . This is not Nano wrimo. This is a if literarian contest. Is better less with sense than thousands words in guibberish

5 Likes

Correct!

But it is more a comment about putting their noses to the grindstone, and being so eager ^_^.

4 Likes

Word count is not the goal, but I remember @Fiogan putting out a behemoth and winning. So it does not hurt as long as the game is playable.

6 Likes
When you read the above but are stuck doing office work...

6 Likes

A…behemoth? Are you calling my work beastly? (; I think it’s called ‘scope creep’, though. Reasonable amounts of sleep also recommended.

13 Likes

I called it teddy jelly and is super cool, don’t sell you short

3 Likes

I love the themes with CS Comp. Teddy bear jelly never would have existed if it wasn’t for ‘poisonous intent’ and ‘romantic betrayal’. It was my desperate attempt to work in unicorns and daisy chains, haha. So thank you, judges, for inspiring us. :D

5 Likes

I can’t wait until we see the inspired settings everyone’s stories are this year. The Inn your story took place certainly had its ghosts and snakes. :innocent:

Also, remember, it is the quiet authors you need to watch the closest… who knows what lurks in their thoughts?

6 Likes
Lurking

6 Likes

That pic remember the damn emo sparkling vegetarian vampire. I hate vegetarian vampires who have to marriage to bang. I mean what is happening with the world. A sexy vampire is not so lame.

I like to call it ‘observing life for inspiration’. (:0

5 Likes

I can’t lurk for all gold in world I am not shy and I enter to all like a bull in a china shop.

3 Likes