Lordirish Presents the 5th Annual CScomp

Thank you for clarifying, this is the first time I’ve registered and the rules said that beta testing had to be private but I wasn’t sure if that extended to making sure the entries were completely anon. If I do get something finished I’ll ask people to PM me for more info if they are interested in beta testing for me.

5 Likes

I didn’t actually and up writing anything last year, but I might as well give it another go :blush: Good luck to everyone who is entering!

3 Likes

Time to ready the popcorn! under 24 hours left oooo #suspence!

5 Likes

I feel somewhat like when I was a kid and today would be Christmas. I already can see the wrapped gift under the tree with the little card on it: “5th Annual CScomp Theme 2017”. But it is still early in the day and it feels like an eternity to the moment when I am finally allowed to open it. I stare at the watch hands and they seem to be stuck as if someone put some superglue on them. :grimacing:

8 Likes

Twenty-nine registrants so far this year…

There are only a few hours left to register, everyone! If you think you might like to compete, don’t forget to drop an email to cscomp at choiceofbox with your forum name, if you haven’t already done so. And a reminder: registering doesn’t in any way obligate you to submit an entry, but it means that if you decide you’d like to participate, you can.

7 Likes

I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but isn’t anyone slightly concerned about the fact that one of the judges ( @Voldy ) hasn’t been on for the past 11 days?

3 Likes

No absolute not is normal, it happens all years.

3 Likes

We do recruit extra judges, just for situations like these should pop up.

As an aside, what is there for a judge to do during the intern before the grading of all these future works of art?

5 Likes

Ah, I see.

Very well then.

3 Likes

I just took a sneak look at the voting this year for the theme … while voting is not yet closed I thought I’d share the following with you:

and the following:

8 Likes

Good ones Eiwynn. Though not beat my cat and girl poisoned by milk picture from last year.

7 Likes

Ah, the clock is ticking! We’re all on tenterhooks!

Registrants: If we have received your registration, you should have gotten a confirmation email from the cscomp at choiceofbox address, and your name should be on the list in the first post of this thread. If not, please let us know right away so we can get you registered. Only thirty minutes left!

14 Likes

I am brimming with anticipation, my laptop at my side and my music ready to block out the outside world.

I do not need to sleep tonight.

8 Likes

It is time to announce this year’s official theme: ‘Masquerade and Merriment’.

and

(second image is in honor of @FairyGodfeather who we miss dearly)

I wanted to thank everyone for choosing this theme.

28 Likes

“Give me another words for merriment?”

Fun, mirth, glee, revelry, murder, death, tort-- WHAT? where’s everyone?

14 Likes

The masquerade part is awesome :slight_smile: The merriment part lol not so much for me. How in the world am i going to incorporate that. (Jesus take my keyboard, my fingers and the wheel!)

8 Likes

Sweet!!!

Shit!!!

10 Likes

Woo! It is, perhaps quite literally, party time!

Good luck everyone! :smiley:

3 Likes

I’m glad I’m not the only one. I was thinking Masquerade yeah I can work with that. And merriment? Umm… (What does that say about all of us lol).

5 Likes

Meanwhile I’m thinking, ‘Oy, ‘masquerade and merriment’ I could have happily done, ‘poisonous intent’ was so horribly difficult!’ So maybe a good stiff challenge is a good thing. :D

11 Likes