Lordirish Presents the 5th Annual CScomp

Are the results supposed to come out on July 1st?

3 Likes

We wrap up at the end off the month and I try to get all put together and out by the 5th at the latest. Give a chance for the writers one last chance to submit a polished version for public view.

14 Likes

A bit late but I still canā€™t get over the fact that I made a spelling mistake in the whole, what was it, 21 words? I wrote down last year.

6 Likes

Just over 20 days till results are announced? :slight_smile:
(Well Iā€™m guessing everything is on track, though Iā€™m no ilusiona that my half baked game will do wellā€¦)

6 Likes

9 daysā€¦till winner annoucement XD

7 Likes

We are getting down towards the end :). On a sad note my bank account was hacked, the sponsor money is fine as it is all on Paypal. However, the many prize money was in my account and now, thanks to someone having a grand time in a five star hotel in Canada, I am scrambling to cover funds and fighting with the bank. I will still be paying out the prize money, but I appoligize it may be over a few weeks time. I am a little frustrated over this as I am always careful about my accounts so not sure how this happened. Regardless I do not want to be a downer and thanks all for your understanding.

17 Likes

Identity theft is one of the fastest growing crimes and potentially worst kind of crimes in modern society. Just one more reason why I do not use social media or internet banking and only have debit cards.

A five star hotel in Canada? Sure Canada can be lovely but Iā€™d just rent an authentic Canadian log cabin with an awesome view. For the five star treatment Iā€™d scoot off to French Polynesia or something.

4 Likes

@Lordirish, both the company I work for and my (currently) ex wife had funds taken out from their bank accounts. In both cases, it was just a matter of time before they were returned. And this happened in 3rd world Bulgaria. So, I am pretty sure it will be ok.

4 Likes

Just. a reminder to those who entered. If you want to submit a polished piece for public view I will need it by the 3rd so I am able to announc everything no later than the 5th. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thatā€™s really awful :frowning: I hope the bank re-emburses you. Iā€™ve seen it happen to people and they usually get it back but it can take a few weeks+ unfortunately. Even if they do fix it, itā€™s extra stress you donā€™t need. Take care.

5 Likes

The bank tells me it is going to take some time to sort out, looks like there was a skimmer at a gas station.Normally I go in, but the time I donā€™t lol. Ow well it is what it is. Put me behind the 8 ball as my budget went out the window. No worries I may see the money back in the end but have a lot of suffling for s bit is all. More of a big pain in the rear then anything else.

10 Likes

The wait is nearing the end, excellent entries from every contestant!

If you have any questions on your scorecard(once you get them after the end of the contest)feel free to hit me up if you need any clarification or more insight.

7 Likes

Tonight the judges end is done. I will wait til the 3rd if there is any writer that wants to put up a finish piece let me know by then. Thank you.

11 Likes

:slight_smile:
Results are coming out early!!

7 Likes

I have one writer that is updating their game. Other that I am just putting together the final info I will release the winners list before I head back to the truck tonight. Just double checking everything.

16 Likes

I anticipate the results.

2 Likes

Soon! Very soon! I know everyone is waiting with baited breath!

2 Likes

Sorry folks it has been ONE of those days lol. OK I will put up the winners list here but shortly but I have a few things going on so the sponsor winners and link may still be a day before I can put them out.

9 Likes

Just in case people are curious about what is going on, I have received the comments and scores by the judges, I guess the other participants did that too. So, we are only waiting for the official results.

Based on my scores, it would be safe to assume that I am not getting anythingā€¦ except for the comments, which is still a sweet deal :slight_smile:

6 Likes

The results have already been announced, Lordirish created a different thread for that here: https://forum.choiceofgames.com/t/winners-of-cscomp-2017/28287

5 Likes