Lordirish Presents the 5th Annual CScomp

I would encourage you all to keep going, but you know more than I where you’re at in your writing. Even if you do not make it to the end you should hold your head high as this is a really tough challenge to do in only a month time. Be proud of what you have and I do hope we might see it one day as a completed project.

12 Likes

The best part is the typo at the end…

As for everyone who feels like they’re not catching up, last year I was sitting at 4k words on day 20+

It was really bad, but I pushed on through. As a writer if you really want to do well, you have to work your butt off to get that story inside of you out. It’s a labor of love, but still it’s labor. You get out what you put in. I ended last year with about 10-15kish words and I didn’t win. Sucks, but that’s life.

The thing is though, I didn’t quit. I feel that experience, just from not quitting and letting go, really helped me grow. Writing isn’t easy, especially for writers.

My favorite quote has to be “A writer is someone for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people.” —Thomas Mann

Persevere, even if you know you won’t win. It’s not all about winning or who has the biggest word count. Its the experience, the journey you take to get to where you are now. There is no best time to write, the closest to that is right now.

Even if your game is the shortest possible, don’t quit. If you keep trying, you will grow and learn from the experience but if you quit you will have gained nothing.

10 Likes

Can’t finish mine, so I’m going for plan B. My aim now is for submitting the shortest game possible!

5 Likes

that is a awesome game

4 Likes

I got a smile out of Porter’s game as well. It’s so short, it makes kind of makes you think too much about what’s written until it becomes all deep and meaningful (and it also has the best next button I’ve ever seen :smile: )

5 Likes

I can help with Coding bugs so anyone who would like help with that - i am happy to provide it.

1 Like

@Lordirish

You know, I can’t help wondering if the typo at the end was on purpose and had something to do with the fairy dying.

If a fairy is a small, fragile, mythical creature, then perhaps “correcting” the fairy will actually kill it, because it can only live in a specific environment free from criticism (in the same way explaining a joke kills the joke, or trying to explain magic in terms of actual physics is riddled with problems)?

For me this was quite reminiscent of The Red Wheelbarrow by William Carlos Williams.

3 Likes

I must apologize as I did not get week three emails out as the wife was very sick. She is better but afraid I am heading out for my four day tour tonight. I will be back Sunday night and will finish setting up the upload information and get that out to you by no later then Tuesday night.

16 Likes

Glad to hear your wife is doing better. Don’t overwhelm yourself and thank you for your hard work as always.

9 Likes

I hope she recovers completely soon. And I hope there will be enough of a window between the upload info is released and the submission deadline so that everyone gets the chance to do so.

4 Likes

Alk the information will be out by no later than the 30th, which still leaves plenty of time to upload games. Thanks to @dashingdon and his amazing programin skills the uploading process is very easy. Of course if there is a problem just pm or email me.

10 Likes

I am starting to feel giddy, just a wee bit over 72 hours left till the start of judging, I can not wait to see what lovely works of written art is presented with such a great theme. I have a feeling this will be the best, and hardest year to judge ^_^.

We are in the home stretch just a little more to go and all our lovely writers can take a break, grab a pint(if legal) and congratulate yourselves, for this is no easy feat. You all deserve accolades just for entering. This competition is hard that tests your limits, resolve, time management and more. To get this far each and everyone one of you desevre a pat on the back and more.

Keep up the great and hard work.

19 Likes

Details for submission still coming? May we email the Scenes folder to you, @Lordirish?

4 Likes

Finally managed to “complete” my draft (thanks to all my reviewers so far, and for any comments and help they may still have). This means I have 2 days left to try to tidy it up, proofread myself, and add some more bits and pieces… hopefully…

4 Likes

@Lordirish is supposed to send it later today.

I also managed to finish what I had in mind, although it appears to be shorter than expected.

Good luck to everybody. Well, I am sure writers like you, @Lucid, need that a lot less. I want to add that you are somebody I look up to.

4 Likes

I got laid low by bad tooth problems past ten days. T_T Didn’t finish. Can maybe turn in what I did get done- but depends. Hoping to have teeth extracted today- may be in no condition.

4 Likes

Endure the pain! A good book is done through the blood of characters and tears of the writers!

On a related note: I hope you feel better.

6 Likes

Well, I for one, would like to read what you have in store.

And I hope you feel better as well.

3 Likes

Alright I am working on the files to upload, give me a few hours and will have the info out to you. I manage to be off for the close of the comp so if any question will be around to help.

4 Likes

Should be about an hour and half before I send out the info. Have 20 of 30 completes as far as the uploads. I will be here over the next three days so if any problems or questions I will get back to as soon as possible.

5 Likes