Lordirish Presents the 5th Annual CScomp

I’m sorry you got confused by the rules as written and that my response went over your head. Perhaps I can clarify for you:

You can write anything and everything your heart desires. Even x-rated material. If you chose to write anything x-rated or dealing with heavy topics such as abuse we want a warning label.

The judges reserve the right to score x-rated material or heavy subjects low, if they have a reason to do so. Finding non-consent in the story is such reason.

You don’t need to mechanically include a skip button but it might help give you a higher score if one exists and if the mechanic is done well in the game submitted.

I hope this was not an essay, was saying more than nothing and provides an answer or two.

7 Likes

You win Eiwynn lol. I get it now, and no that was not an essay answer.

I’m not planning on writing anything R rate (it’s just nice to know in any case), but if i did, I would love to write a platonic love like Max and Chloe from life is strange. I found their friendship cute.

3 Likes

The friendship/love in that game carried me through to the end. If it was not there, I fear I would have grown bored after dropping paint on Victoria. Perhaps you can do such a wonderful idea in the future, I’d love to read it if you do.

4 Likes

I’m really looking forward to what all the submissions will have in store this year. So much potential! So many prizes! Such a great theme! How’s everyone sitting so far? I think I need to stop tracking my wordcount, alas, so as not to potentially upset my anonymity just in case it goes over other people too much. I have a really great start, I can say that much. But I’m also going to need to be pushing myself hard to stay on track. It sounds like most people have their ideas now- anyone else really liking what they’ve got so far?

8 Likes

I am still fighting with my stats screen of what to include and what not. This is one part that drives me crazy every time I think of some cool mechanic. But I already have around 1k words now and it is the first day of writing for me so I hope I at least keep the pace if not increase it a bit. I like what I got so far but I still have to do a lot of brainstorming for more good and subtle ways to implement both themes.

8 Likes

Funnily enough, since I keep forgetting to bring my laptop to school and that’s the only place where I can write peacefully, I ended up handwriting these past few days. Yes, HANDWRITING. I don’t know how many words I’ve written so far, or if whatever code I jotted down would actually work, but hey, at least there’s some sort of progress. Sort of.

Double workload though, since I don’t understand over half the scribbles I made, and I’ll probs edit and rewrite it when I have the time to type.

13 Likes

Look at the bright side! You will have a good second reading of what you present as you transpose it to code ^_^.

9 Likes

Ahh! Ahhhh! I finally have my idea. And outline. :raised_hands: I was beginning to get worried because usually ideas come so easily to me, and this one really didn’t, but I have it. I have it and I’m so in love with it and the characters. Now I just need to execute it in words as it is in my head.

But, I’m hauling some butt and have a few thousand words out. Hopefully this pace can be kept because I want to see it come to life. It’s so hard not to go back and reread and rewrite every few paragraphs like I usually do, but I just need to get as many words down before the editing … It’s just … so … tempting… :upside_down:

13 Likes

Work: Can you work overtime the next two weeks?
Me: I… uh… yes… :sob:

Hopefully I can still get stuff done!

12 Likes

Still going strong, so far! I like what I’m writing but every time I sit down to write my first inclination is to work on my other story, so then I have to remind myself to focus on this because otherwise absolutely nothing will be written, and that’s a big ole no-no.

Oh, geez :hushed: That… sounds terrible. I can’t even imagine trying to handwrite code. I’m so sorry and I wish you good luck (and computer access!)

8 Likes

#Watch Your Back(side)
3 Likes

too bad… it’s highly likely i will withdrawn my part for this year… considering nothing comes to my mind… and something comes up in real life… but i’ll try to be positive about it, maybe i’ll be able to make something decent in my spare time… who knows, maybe tomorrow or later (i hope not too late) i’ll get the time and the drive to work on my part for this year CSComp :wink:

GOOD LUCK FOR ALL OF YOU!! :grin:

5 Likes

My imagination isn’t behaving. I’m writing, but not really the right kind of writing and keeps going off on tangent. I don’t think all the reports and lack of sleep are helping with the merriment factor either (2am post :upside_down: ). If nothing else I guess I’ll end up with another HG WIP .

Joins the chorus of good luck to everyone :fireworks:

9 Likes

I’ve really had my nose to the grindstone, and I’ve done a genuine lot so far. Even so, I’m on track, I’m not ahead. I need to remind myself to occasionally take breaks from having fun with other types of having fun so as not to frazzle out.

Set goals- break things down into parts that can be managed in a day’s time. Get those done. Relax after. Stay on task. If necessary, do something like listen to music to focus.

It’ll come along. You’ll get there. Just don’t give up.

6 Likes

Unfortunately I’ve decided to drop out of the competition. There’s too much going on IRL and I just don’t have enough time to write. :disappointed:

7 Likes

Hey, don’t look so glum. There’s always next year.

8 Likes

We appreciate you at least trying! As @AAO says, maybe again in the future. I know you’ve writing talent, so when the time is right and your life allows I’m sure you’ll be right there competing.

10 Likes

I’m on the same boat. ( it makes me a bit sad since the panorama seemed cleared for me right until the point that comp started).

My goals have change though. I just started writing a bit of the idea I thought about just to see how far I can get.

Regardless, If finish or not I still want to turn something in to see what kind of critics I get. It ain’t over until the fat cow sings. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I started to work seriously on the CSComp, I’m just… almost one week late :grinning:

8 Likes

Same for me ^^ I had a lot of trouble with the theme… It is not really my kind of theme that I have inspiration for, but I am doing it regardless x)

4 Likes