Lordirish Presents the 5th Annual CScomp

Something like this?

3 Likes

Well les fat more charming but yes. :wink:

4 Likes

700 words so far. I think I have a couple of interesting ideas to explore but my productivity is not as high.

I also think that once you have 4 or 5 games out it is a bit easier for judges to guess who is behind the story, but I really doubt they got to them. I mean, there are so many Hosted Games out there that it would be hard for even the biggest fans of the genre to try them all.

4 Likes

The answer for me is simple. Caffeine.

4 Likes

I talk just for myself but there are so many games that you canā€™t really guessing who is the author. And You arenā€™t trying to guess anyway. There are so many too do as judge. We play at least complete and detailed game ten times depend of replay value then checking code . If game code was really messy. You have to fix it by yourself. and pondering code . And side prizes . That with about twenty or more games.

3 Likes

Hohoho, started writing today, got around 10k words + code. Yup, now my lazy brain is blank againā€¦ will wait for a few days then try writing againā€¦ My brain understands that I need time to procrastinate before doing anythingā€¦ Iā€™m off to relax and chillā€¦

7 Likes

Wow 10,000 words in one day! Thatā€™s impressiveā€¦ Iā€™m at 7200 though no code yet. Plane ride ahead of me now so hoping to jot down some more thoughts and possibly even write a bit!

@poison_mara obviously work count is no indication of quality, but eagerness to get something finished! Iā€™m going to try not to reread anything Iā€™ve written until I have the complete main trunk of the story complete (otherwise I fear my confidence will falter!)

8 Likes

Started writing around 1:00 am taking food and potty breaks only till 5pm. My head hurt thou, which is why Iā€™m going to chill a bit. But I think the 10k will get weeded down once I start to edit it. Not sure if I wrote double words like ā€œthe theā€ and so-on.

4 Likes

After writing all night, Iā€™ve got myself to 13,128 words put to page so far. And Iā€™m still going at it. At this rate, I just might break my old wordcount record! (Iā€™d feel accomplished with that if it also turns out to be a better game)

7 Likes

Well done! I managed to only write 400 todayā€¦ stuck at airport with 6.5 hrs delay, which somehow broke my moodā€¦ though I still have the flight to try to work on it!

2 Likes

I have not been as engaged as much as I normally am at the beginning of the CScomp as in past years. The reason is I switched companies and have been been very busy getting started with the new company. As many of you know I am a truck driver and my last job had me on the road for two to four weeks at a time. That is a long time to be away from family.

The new company, I work four days on then have four days off. This means I can spend more time with family and peruse objectives that I have been putting off for years. I shall be around a lot more here shortly.

Wanted give a big thank you to @Fiogan and all the judges for helping to cover my absence during the transition into the new job. :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Just curious about this rule, would the automatic zero apply to games where sexual violence was implied/mentioned? For example, if the pc is a cop thatā€™s called in to arrest a known sexual predator?

6 Likes

No except you use that to present a vivid excene where violence is presented as a fetish. And diminished the suffering real life victims. A correct analogy could be if someone present a game where holocaust is denied and present the Nazi ghettos as good thing. Thatā€™s trivialize suffering support racism and violence.

Other stuff is like Many movies have show the cruelty ro show what should never been repeated. Explore the many ways victims were heroes.

5 Likes

Bad things happen in life, implied assaults to an NPCs as story tool are fine, but when it happens to the MC and the player has zero ability avoid that is where the zero comes in, now if you avail the player a choice in the matter to pursue such content that is fine. Since the player is giving up control of their MC to the author for that particular scene. You have to remember that player invest themselves into their characters.

6 Likes

Yuck, well at least itā€™s 6 and 1/2 hours with nothing much to do except write more on your entry :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™m seventeen, actually. So, I suppose you better hold your wildness for this piece.

One of the subprizes includes: ā€œWrite a hot scene where sexuality is front and center.ā€ How do you do that without wildness? I get that itā€™s one of a few ways to get the prize, but still.

(And obviously, Iā€™m not talking about explicit sex scenes but I donā€™t think @Lycoris was either? People have only really talked about extreme stuff like rape and abuse, as far as I can tell.)

6 Likes

Please bear in mind, everyone, thatā€™s only one way of competing for that particular sub-prize, which was titled ā€˜Best Relationship(s)ā€™ if I recall. From the text in the description (first post):

Write a hot scene where sexuality is front and center. Elaborate on how to make a partnership work after the initial attraction. Structure an interesting relationship around platonic interactions. Tell us why love might fail.

You get the picture: be creative, try to express how people actually relate to each other, and do something different.

So as @aprilhare mentioned, there are a lot of options: detailing how a partnership might work, exploring a relationship that doesnā€™t work out, having a fulfilling and deep platonic relationship, etcā€¦

Maybe @Sashira could weigh in with thoughts, since she sponsored this particular sub-prize? And of course the judges.

Also, I think skippable hotness/wildness is fine if clearly markedā€”is that correct, @poison_mara and other judges?

3 Likes

I personally like a well done erotica. But we have minors so a skipping is needed. My problem is someone understanding of relationship as something that is not consensual or violent or that includes a minor as a romance thatā€™s a big no.

6 Likes

@Vertigo aaaw, I guess Iā€™ll have to hide the whip :wink:

@aprilhare now that I think about it, thatā€™s a really good question :thinking: I guess we will have to keep it down this time, for the children :imp: Though yeah, in my case I wasnā€™t talking about an explicit sex scene, butā€¦ how much range I had to work with (in general), if I explain myself?

2 Likes