Lord of Dust (WIP) (updated 01/02/16) (Now With Playable Demo)

Never met someone from Saudi, cool

Heres what I did, hopefully it helps somehow.

Without fade effect version…

1. stand up
  2. thanks for the bed
  3. green eyes
  4. average
  5. man
  6. stocky
  7. no scar
  8. name
  9. surname
  10. army officer.
  11. if he did, none would’ve happened.
  12. hand-to-hand
  13. Military Acumen
  14. leadership
  15. endurance
  16. I don’t really care
  17. Who are they?
  18. Follow Tyres
  19. Hold her down
  20. Spend some time securing the limp
  21. fire
  22. aim for head
  23. Go straight in
  24. Concentrate on riding, this will be tricky.
  25. Goad your snake forward, just get away!
  26. Shoot at the keystone, shatter it!
  27. not closing my eyes
  28. Feel around for the walls
  29. I tied you to Komi so he could try to escape
  30. Go to investigate the noise.
  31. Stay silent
  32. You smile
  33. “Who are you?”
  34. Throw a rock at the Drezian
  35. watch till end
  36. Attack Rida
  37. knife wielder
  38. A fancy blade does not a fighter make
  39. bow
  40. longsword
  41. swing
    Error Box: http://i.imgur.com/tcMImaH.png

Honestly it may be something simple as you… not making the indent for the choices properly and it breaking. Then again I didn’t see the code.

Thanks for the help everyone, I seem to have fixed the problem. Unfortunately in doing so I had to create an alternate path that hast been written yet, so if you pick the knife wielder and choose to avoid the fight it will say “nothing is here” and divert you back to the main fight. Just a temporary problem and as soon as I have time I will write that alternate path.

I had an error,also the picture I posted before had some information regarding myself that would not have bodded well… I wasn’t paying attention. But what I said in the past message was, “Awesome story and I found an error”

Gooooodamn it, how recently? Thats the one I just fixed…:confused:

I was just trying the demo when this show up…

Fixed it, a friend helped me code that part and it looks like he renamed a variable

The problem doesn’t seem to exist on the normal link, but on the “Without fade Effect” link it seems to come up with this error.

Fixed, the no fade version has a different folder with a different compiler so I overlooked it accidentaly

That I do…I’m Indian as well.

Hah, Usually We don’t see Indians lurking around the Web, well anyways, I was thinking that it would be a lot better if you changed Paragon of sun to energy, unless of course people are not aware of energy or sun is associated by energy.

I wanted to make it abstract, I actually want to change paragon of matter to something more poetic. Paragon of…

How about materies or māteriālis, both mean matter or raw matter in Latin & Found two great words for energy in Latin, inpes or impes,
but all of them seem be out of place, maybe you should just make up one.

That’s fair, thanks for the suggestions.

This is absolutely great, kinda reminds me of borderlands without all the wackiness, keep it up :grin::grin::grin:

Will you be writing this in series or just one novel?

To be honest I cannot tell at this point. Given the scale of the game it feels better to be onw game. See I want this to be more of a game than a novel. I’m drawing a lot of inspiration from Skyrim in doing this. Therefore, I might keep this universe as a setting for future novels, but “Lord of Dust” itself will be one novel, perhaps two.

Ohh I get it, and how much of it is done already, you know, roughly if you had to estimate.
Edit:and maybe if there will a sequel, then maybe we are not the paragon we played as in the first game. It’s someone else who’s life changed because of our choices.

That sounds like an amazing idea, but hard to implement I think. Like how would the game track choices from game to game, or perhaps it’s more general purpose. Interesting idea to pursue.

As for done already I would say…
Well I plan the game to have 4 major acts, and so far I have written a quarter of Act 1.

It’s possible, haven’t you played hero trilogy already, you can choose your character from previous games. Though how your choices will affect others is quite hard to picture(if your not the person from the first one but someone else), it may be possible but it need lots of hard work and probably have lots of branches, it would be better if you would drop the Idea.