Looking for coding assistance

Zenesy and I have been working together for quite a while now on a fantasy life simulation game, made through choicescript IDE. I often provide the text for our code and Zenesy turns it into complicated code I can not replicate. I also perform simple coding that I have him edit and make workable into our game.
We are looking for an experienced coder to join our team.
Payment from working on this project with us will only happen when our game generates revenue.
What we are looking for:

• An example of past coding experience (such as a game you worked on). We will need to see actual code here.
  • The ability to work on multiple different scenes within the game. (If one scene isn’t finished yet, but I have moved on to another, just follow my lead. We will circle back around to complete all scenes.)
  • The ability to work in a team setting and follow instructions
  • The ability to not only write code but also turn simple code into more complex code if needed
  • The ability and desire to edit code
  • Good English skills (Grammar editing is a plus, but not required)
  • Has enough free time (ie at least a few hours per week) to work on code

I will answer all questions you may have in direct messages, but you can feel free to comment on this if you are interested. Our plan is to have the demo of our game ready by March 2020.

What is the story about? and what do you think the word count will be when it’s finished?

The story is what you make it. It is a life simulation, similar to the apps AlterEgo or maybe BitLife.

Word count is hard to say. Probably similar to other COG games.

1 Like

are you using ChoiceScript IDE, or just ChoiceScript?

Hi! I just wanted to comment on your coding post. I hope you do find your coder!

If I may give some advice that might help you find your coder. Saying that compensation will only be provided once the game published (if it gets published, no less), and then also saying that you plan to jump around between different projects gives the impression that the person who does this job won’t make any money because you’ll just be moving on to different projects constantly and never actually publishing anything. Even if you aren’t planning on jumping around a lot, the way you’ve worded this gives that impression, and no coder will give a few hours per week without any sort of guarantee that the game is going to get published and that they’ll get paid for their work.

Just wanted to add my two cents to help you refine your post a bit more! Good luck in your search! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It might also be helpful to link to some of your current work. You mentioned grammar and general English skills - which seemed to suggest you’d want this person to ideally also do some proofing? If so, a link on this thread might help attract the interest you’re looking for :slight_smile:

2 Likes

IIRC Zenesy aren’t native speaker. Maybe that is the reason?

1 Like

Hmm…I’m pretty good in terms of ‘English’ and grammar, but I definitely have no idea how to code.

By “project” I meant scenes within the game itself. I’ll edit that. My partner and I fully intend to complete the game, but I even told him at the beginning that this game might not be able to be published. It all depends on if everyone, including myself, pull through till the end and stay motivated.

Zenesy is actually very good at English. We communicate almost everyday. I can go comma crazy, so technically the problem is me.

2 Likes

We are using ChoiceScript IDE.

I’ll see what we can do about that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So we aren’t able to show any code right now because everything we have built for the game is our major functions/scenes. We don’t want to spoil anything. However, I can tell you some general things. We will have careers for your character, there will be character customization, there will be lovers, relationships such as girlfriend/boyfriend and wife/husband, pregnancy, and a lot of fantasy options with a whole new main menu if your character is a supernatural creature. We will have only one supernatural creature that your character can be, but we can assure you that there will be plenty to do.

1 Like