formerly known as “blooming”
so, hey guys, i’m making a game!
instead of playing an actual, physical character, try playing the voice inside the mind of the protagonist, influence everyone’s decisions, fall in love (because the protagonist will) or break everyone’s trust (because the protagonist might), and get the ending you deserve in a sci-fi, psychologically-themed story!
Big Note: yes i found a way to make sure most of your decisions matter even if your character is quite limited
so the demo below contains chapter one (keep in mind that the chapters are going to be long due to the different dialouges + effects i have to write), which includes setting up your character and talking with the protagonist!
i’ll be updating the demo at least once every two weeks, i suppose.
here’s some basic information on the story!
summary and plot
you play as the narrator to the story of your protagonist in this sci-fi, psychologically themed story!
you can choose to improve, hurt, and control–you can do almost anything, really–your protagonist’s life, all based on what you choose to say to them. build up trust, hatred, friendship, and maybe even some kind of love with your protagonist and with everyone else they know–the differences will matter greatly.
and if you’re creative or cruel–it depends on your perspective–enough to do so, you can learn to do more than just simple puppeteering and suggesting ideas…
but note that your protagonist is not just some other guy on the street.
(once chapter one is halfway done, i’ll edit the summary so it’s more specific!)
tags and warnings
- general: sci-fi, some romance, lots of LGBT+ rep, no romance if you don’t want 'em
- the not-for-everyone stuff: drinking wine, sexual humour (no actual doing it though), mind games that may lead to manipulation (if you choose that), mild depression, panic attacks, murdering and stealing from people, and the protagonist (not you, remember, you’re the narrator!) swears a lot
basically you can choose a lot of options to determine who you are (looks don’t matter in this game, how nice), but, thanks to the way i write, you’re going to sound a tad salty (and maybe sarcastic?) at times, no matter what you choose (s0rry).
2019-01-17: added an update log and a short description of the plot
2019-01-23: chapter one is longer now
2019-01-28: based on the feedback, chapter one is not weird anymore
2019-02-13: eddie has phone, the update; questioning moved to a later, more appropriate part
2019-03-9: eddie takes the call; first impacting choice (still fake_choice as scenes aren’t written yet)
2019-03-15: you can now remind eddie he’s late + you can now view c1_base2
here’s the demo link (the name in the demo link is still the former name): limitless
and here’s a quick poll! (asjfkajasdfnae)
- The way you write is fine.
- You need to work on your grammar!
- You need to work on how you write descriptions, dialogue, etc.
- If you worked on it a little more, it would be quite an interesting idea.
- This story isn’t my cup of tea.