Use of elemental powers is inspired by Avatar: The Legend of Aang/Korra.
Hello! This is me… finally making that next step. Really nervous to share this little WIP I’ve been brewing for the past month (took me an hour or two till I pressed that create topic button), but here it is! I’m not good at writing the features, I have lots of things planned that I can’t put into words.
For now, I hope you’ll enjoy it as much as I did while writing it. ૮ ˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶ ა
You still remember it.
Burnt into the back of your eyelids like a scar.
The cold, lifeless, barren gray walls. The creaky wooden floorboards that groaned and moaned in each step.
A place you used to call home.
But you escaped.
Perhaps in your new life at Launwyce Academy you could start anew, find a way to heal the invisible scars on your soul.
For now, all you can do is walk forward.
One step at a time.
A world where elemental deities share a fraction of their powers to their chosen, bringing upon the age of weavers; humans with the ability to manipulate the elements of their patron.
You have been chosen by a mysterious lightning deity—blessing you with the power to weave lightning. But with a troubled childhood haunting your every step, your new abilities present a double-edged sword; raw potential tangled with repressed trauma.
You grapple with love and tenderness, yet remain trapped in a paradox—yearning for affection while recoiling from kindness.
The choices you make, the support you receive, and the inner strength you harness define your journey—a journey fraught with anguish, but one that promises a life outside Mother’s grasp.
Two divergent paths lay ahead.
Will you let yourself heal and grow, or will you fall deeper into the void?
| 18 | Fire Weaver | Freshman | A’s childhood friend
If MC is shorter than L, they’re shorter than all ROs
They were the first to notice you falling.
A warm and gentle soul. But there’s a certain air about them, the kind that makes them seem untouchable. It’s a type of muted cheer, one that carries the tension of maintaining a persona, but perhaps not a façade.
Despite their unusual aura, they’re attentive and smart, not to mention remarkably insightful.
| 18 | Water Weaver | Freshman | L’s childhood friend
If MC is taller than A, they unlock height choices for J
They were the one who made sure you landed safely; and with flourish.
There’s always an iciness to their voice, but their eyes carry something you can’t pinpoint. Something soft but sharp at the same time, like a gentle warning.
They enjoy duels and challenging situations; thus, will meet you head on if you ever decide to be rude to them.
| 19 | Earth Weaver | Sophomore
If MC is taller than J, they’re taller than all ROs
There’s always a frown stuck to their face, always carrying an air of aloofness and disdain. They have a certain drive that is unmatched by many.
Their sharp observant eyes and stony aura give people pause, but they’re fiercely protective and kind.
Surprisingly, they’re easy to read, and it makes interacting with them oddly satisfying.
- Play as a touch-averse customizable MC with a troubled past, male or female.
- Learn how to use your newfound lightning powers to its fullest potential. Anything’s possible if you’re smart enough!
- Use your powers for good and be admired. Or use them to become a menace in society and be feared.
- Participate in Launwyce’s many academy events and competitive tournaments. Show the weaving world what you’re made of.
- A potential pet has also chosen you as their human; teach it a trick or two!
- Shape your MC’s personality however you want. Certain choices also help shape the rest of your past.
- How the MC deals with their trauma is entirely up to you.
- Push away or make new relationships. Everyone has their own inner demons you can unveil.
- Character-driven narrative and slow burn character development.
- Eventually face the monster from your past, Mother.
- 3 different endings to branch into!
I think I’ve combed through this story a hundred times now, but since I don’t trust myself—there might still be some few coding and writing mishaps here and there…
I accept feedback! How is the pacing? Are there scenes where it seems repetitive? Are they too long or short? I am also open to suggestions on personality/dialogue choices (°▽°)/
December 14, 2023 (first post, 30k words)