Life of a Wizard

If you’re really thankful :stuck_out_tongue: , I humbly repeat my request for the reproductive magics. Because they’d be totally awesome and in-theme.

Anyone else find it odd that you can be a saint that singlehandedly subjugates the entire world like Sauron could only dream of, or be a horrible person destined to roast in hell who singlehandedly makes Daria a utopia and brings about world peace?

Not really. In Eberron, for example, both types of ruler are represented.

If you’re a conquering angel, then clearly you’re trying to bring peace to the world by force of arms, because you don’t think you can bring about a golden age by talking to people like the barbarians, or like those dwarves who are always attacking human settlements.

“If someone can’t handle an unpleasant truth? Lie to them. If somone won’t listen to reason? Make them. If people don’t choose to live peaceably—Don’t give them a choice. If you don’t like the rules—change the game.”

And if you’re a fiendish lich bringing a Golden Age to the world? It’s because a prosperous world is good for business. Why rule the world, when you can rule the utopian Daria and make far more money off the other nations, and have a significant amount of power over them to boot, by making them into trading partners and allies?

If you end up having a child with royalty, is there a way to prevent his/her death?

Well, that will depend @SilverfangedDirewolf, you have to make sure you kill King Gareth and make sure he survives his attempted assassination

Also wondering, is there anything special about being a Druid, besides “being one with nature” and being neutral

@MIGhunter: That’s if it’s Travis. If it’s Eric, you have to zap Travis.

Druids get more magic bonii when they train their druidic skills than any other magic specialization; when you’re asked to train your magic, if you train as a druid, you get +20 to Nature (as if your Nature skill wasn’t maxed already :P), Alchemy, Summoning and Transmutation.

Plus arch druids get an animal companion, which is awesome. Think there’s only one event where the animal companion is actually used though.

Sorry, ain’t joining nature, I’m a master conjurer or diviner, either way, they are stronger that any other magic \m/

…conjuration…stronger than any other magic…

.>

Seriously, I think Conjuration is probably the easiest school to skip (though “conjurer or not” is an important decision for your build strategy), especially if you take some fighting skill instead (which is trivially easy) and some Enchantment (which you’ll probably want anyway). And if you are going conjurer, I still wouldn’t take it as a mastery; either stealing the Ruby Ring or simply hardassing the class gives you enough skill points to get started in the class.

In my opinion, Divination and Enchantment are the strongest schools, with Transmutation in third place. Of course, Divination can be advanced through being a priest, so there’s that.

Druids are immune to poison, get a bear animal companion, and can control the weather well enough to have an extra event to make Daria a utopia.

School wise, I’ve never even tried being a conjurer, transmutation for crafting magic weapons is my usual go to. It’s rather hard adventuring if your companions suck, I wish the game would allow us some leeway there.

After all, the MC can have stratospheric scores in thievery, fighting, or healing, so logically you should be able to give back up if not outright take over the duties of some of your companions.

I like being a diplomatic ilussionist … :-S so I never achieve conquer the world or peace the game is really unbalanced in magic if you want ultimate win you could only have two or three magic stats if you want others you are completely doomed

I have, on several occasions, ended the game with all nine schools mastered, along with nearly every mundane skill to boot, and gotten a Golden Age and a World Conquest with that.

The trick is to have a couple of really strong magics and then spread your skills out a bit. You’re right that you can’t win on illusion alone, yeah, so you might want to branch out.

@Ramidel you must be a pro I’m play more than 20 and never achieve peace or rule the world NEVER that’s why I never play rpg like a Mage I’m horrible I want someone write life of a thief or a bard or better life of a poisoner is the only way I achieve anything poor Mara X_X

You weakling.

Try studying Nature. I’m just saying, 30 Nature skill early on gives you an option you might like. :slight_smile:

Mara, you get the option to buy schooling in every school of magic if you have enough cash, so I’d recommend focusing a bit more on skills, which you can’t buy.

On my last playthrough I conquered the world, and had 100 in every school of magic but two.

I’ve been trying to get a troll druid, but I keep ending up not being neutral enough, grrr. Which is weird, I thought getting nature high enough would be the issue.

Finally got my troll druid, and for the heck of it I decided to conquer the world, since I knew that druid gives an extra utopia option, so I wanted to see if druid gives an extra war option.

Well, that’s one impressive army: dragon men, demons, the undead, and the animals of the wild working as one.

But that got me to thinking, with an army power of 25, could I have conquered any countries without resorting to tricks?

@stsword is official I’m the worst Mage ever ;_; but the game is amazing anyway not all the people is made for rule the world and I kill a Dragon

I wanted to raise Parnaxxus with my mastery of the dark arts… A skeletal dragon would be a good mount. I also wanted to kill the unicorn and raise it again as a deathly Pegasus…

It would also be nice to be able to use alchemy more often, to make potions of good health.

The trick is to experiment, Mara, if you do the same thing you’ll get the same results, when I first started playing I was a bit frustrated with getting the utopia or conquer the world endings, but in my last playthrough I was an evil archbishop liche who helped his son take over the world.

Hey Mara, I’ve been playing the game for a while, and still had never got a Golden Age, conquered the world, or become a lich until yesterday. I’m clearly more of a story guy than a stats-master; I had the same problem with The Fleet at first.

But I did eventually manage to conquer the world with my evil goblin illusionist, so keep at it! One key thing is to keep taking the opportunity to practice other schools of magic – even if you’re primarily an illusionist, you’ve got to get at least a couple other ones to 100 if you’re going to “win.”

@Wyrmspawn – totally agree, raising Parnaxxus to be your undead mount would be a brilliant necromancer bonus option.