Life of a Wizard

@Lucid This game was pure awesome for many reasons but what I liked most was the slight lack of detail that allowed me to fill in the blank with whatever I wanted. I also found much inspiration in here from Picturing my wizard. A goblin druid, Troll necromancer, elvish summoner, and all those other wondrous combinations.

Iā€™m glad everyone is still enjoying it. It was a lot of fun to make. I took a risk, going with my own style, but I think it was successful. :slight_smile:

Check out the Top Paid RPG games on Apple, specifically #74. :slight_smile:

Incredible ^^ good work!

@Lucid, way to go, man. Iā€™m reading Chronos right now.

Ah, congratulations! Thatā€™s smashing. (:

Congrats

I see that itā€™s slipped, but I had no idea that it was even on the list. I also donā€™t know what it may have peaked at. Very cool. :slight_smile:

Great to see that a Choice game can indeed make such a significant headway though, even if just for a short while. I find this very reassuring, especially considering the eye-candy focus of the wider modern gaming hobby. Kudos.

I have the following error when I try to play it on Google Chrome (the startup.txt.js file was said to be malware): Uncaught EvalError: Refused to evaluate a string as JavaScript because ā€˜unsafe-evalā€™ is not an allowed source of script in the following Content Security Policy directive: ā€œscript-src ā€˜selfā€™ chrome-extension-resource:ā€. So I canniot play the game at all. :frowning:

Does anyone know what exactly needs to be done to save Princess Emily? Iā€™ve romanced her after taking her to the elves but thatā€™s always where we part and then she dies to her brother (crossbow shot) without any obvious test or way round it. Iā€™m at a bit of a loss.

@Savriss She always dies there. You canā€™t save her, as far as I know.

That sounds like something out of my hands. @jasonstevanhill

Thanks for the help, though.

@57Faults send an email to support AT choiceofgames

Hey guys :slight_smile: Iā€™ve played this time and time again, and there are 3 endings i canā€™t reach. So a little help would be highly appreciated.

1. How do you get to be the archbishop?
  2. How do you get to be the archdruid?
  3. How do you acquire the perfect party?

Thanks! :smiley:

1. When raiders come to attack choose your parents die. Go to the orphanage. Choose to become a Priest, evil/good doesnā€™t matter. But never sway from the priest development.

2. Iā€™m doing this one now, but whenever you help princess Emily to the elves after helping out they offer to train you as a Druid. You must stay in between Good and Evil as well as having 50 points toward nature.

3. Have each of your members starting out as level three. I choose Golem for fighter, Bully from childhood (Halfling) as the thief, and my college friend as my Paladin

1 Like

Is it possible to max out every single skill in the game?

After some considerable planning, I managed to get 100% in every single school of magic in one playthrough. Near the end of the game, I had 98% and 99% in most of the magic schools, and choosing ā€œI continued to learn a bit of everythingā€ got me an extra 3% in all magic skills, and thus maxed them out. The only school of magic I neglected was necromancy, which was at a measly 3% for almost the entirety of the game. But near the end, when I was allowed to spend money to increase magic skills, I had over 8000 gold, and thus spent it all on necromancy; resurrecting the Vallorn officer as my ghoul was the last thing I did that maxed out my necromancy as well. Obviously, maxing out everything gave me considerable advantages when trying to bring about a golden age, since every maxed out school of magic gave me +1 to peace power.

For non-magical skills, I had arcana, diplomacy, fighting, geography, and religion maxed out. My economics was 85%, history 90%, nature 87%, smithing 80%, and warcraft 95%. The only two skills I lacked were agriculture (20%) and thievery (45%).

I think this was the most ā€œsuccessfulā€ playthrough I couldā€™ve done; I never had to choose any of the ā€œfailureā€ options throughout the game. So Iā€™m wondering, was there anyone who maxed out everything, or was maxing out all schools of magic about as far as I could stretch it?

1 Like

Could you, you know, send me a guide in a PM or something?

Same I would love a guide to doing this.