Life of a Space Force Captain

I can already build up a story about a lonely soldier having problems with socializing trying to take care for and connect with their parents, I think a mercenary would be better for a complicated social background :thinking: Sorry, Iā€™m pretty addicted to drama

5 Likes

I canā€™t wait to play a four-armed cyborg scientist with a cute droid pet and an obvious attraction to biolumiscent people.

1 Like

That is a perfectly acceptable request. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Its beenā€¦ way too long since i played a new game by you man , i hope this project progresses smoothly and its a different genre from what you usually write so i am really curious and eager to play it. :grin:

3 Likes

Iā€™m actually so excited to play this! Itā€™s been far too long since Iā€™ve played one of your games and I really love them! Thanks for doing this!!

2 Likes

I am also soooo excited to have people play it. :slight_smile:

I made a few big changes which I think are interesting. One of them is that I was very aware of the multiple endings (21 of them!) very early in the game, so theyā€™ve been tied through the game with their own plot strands.

I also made a very strong ending, which I feel really makes the entire game better.

I also did some unique plot-story order randomization. I tried to build some plot arcs with the climax, but using your choices, so the order changes to fit your selection and hopefully means tension building and resolution. (Especially through school)

And, because thereā€™s something wrong with my head, I made some more randomization (especially in the first chapter) which is skippable, or able to speed down, depending on what you enjoy most.

Replayability has always been very important to me, and I think this game has a lot of it, not to mention that itā€™s huge at over 325k. Iā€™m an efficient coder (or not too bad) so my word count is content, not repeated text. A single playthru is about 75k, so that means only 23% seen per game. Even for those that only play once, that should mean a long game where your choices really matter.

Beta Testing is still in full swing. I have one week left of holidays, but I think I should be able to keep up with bugs/suggestions after that. Link: Life of a Space Force Captain Beta Test (CLOSED)

Very exciting!

8 Likes

Kinda disappointed that in the poll the game ā€œHomeworldā€ wasnā€™t listed as an option :pleading_face: but regardless first time stumbling upon this and I would very much like to help and experiment witht he game (and later buy it when itā€™s because I LOVE SPACESHIP Stories!!!)

1 Like

With vampires especially there are always different takes. For example I havenā€™t really seen a vampire game set in a Vampire Diaries/Originals sort of universe and that would be so cool

1 Like

I agree. I think that all of these genres have room for more interpretations. I was ready to attempt something years ago when Choice of a Vampire was just starting out, but since its sequels and since @JimD started writing for World of Darkness, Iā€™m not sure how much more I could add.

Thatā€™s okay. I have lots of other ideas. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

well i just finished playing Stellaren and Stellaren 2 ( they are visual novels made by Ninedux) so you have my full support on this scifi genre

1 Like

This is currently my most anticipated game. Wished I was here for the beta test.

7 Likes

Check out the new artwork:

spaceforce

Tentative Release Date: May 5, 2022

24 Likes

Finally finally i can play a new lucid game :sob::sob:

2 Likes

Man, that looks awesome. Love the font too.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s was a long waitā€¦ well, still technically is, but you know what I mean.
Really glad to see you almost ready to release a new game, I was missing your ā€œgameā€ style.

2 Likes

Looks incredible. Canā€™t wait.

3 Likes

I didnā€™t realize sci-fi wasnā€™t a big seller. I thought I was weird in not particularly enjoying sci-fi. FWIW though this actually sounds more appealing to me than Lucidā€™s other games, despite not being my preferred genre. (Though, the reason for that was mainly that the demos were too short to draw me in, which seems to be a Lucid thing, so maybe this will be the same ā€“ they could all be very good if I actually bought the full version)

2 Likes

Neither did I. :slight_smile: I heard that as I was wrapping up the rough draft and starting to think about Beta Testing. I sure hope that this one can break the curse.

Itā€™s also over 330,000 words, my longest yet. Youā€™ll get to live a very full life. I think you only get about 17% per playthru, so hopefully that translates to lots of meaningful choice options and huge replayability. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

We can play a cockroach? Iā€™m sold. Not that they are my favourite animal (probably least favourite, actually), but itā€™s always interesting to have a nonhumanoid option.

1 Like

Cockroach PCs are guaranteed to survive the game. Trufax.

5 Likes